• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
I'm wondering how to insert sprites in, that I've got from a sheet of sprites. I have tried...but i can't find the right palettes, I've looked at guides, but I don't get them lol.
X_X

Try editing the sprites colors to have the same colors as the sprite you wanna replace/the pallet of the slot you are inserting it.
Then edit the Pallet if you have to.

level.

Forgot about user titles
Years
How did you guys even get started on a hack? I got the storyline (well, sorta) but what do I do next?
I just wanna hear your experiences on the matter.

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2013
How did you guys even get started on a hack? I got the storyline (well, sorta) but what do I do next?
I just wanna hear your experiences on the matter.

Well in my opinion the first thing you gotta do is learn to use the programmes that'll help you complete the hack, such as advance map, unlz-gba, XSE/Pokescript, etc... You can learn how to use these programmes by checking out the "Documents and Tutorials" section in the forum.

Years
I'm not really sure where else this question could go so what the hell..
You know when you see someones hack thread, and they show you various towns, routes, cities, caves, etc, but the picture they show is the full map? How is this done? Do you use Advance Map to save the map as an image or something? (I don't have AdvanceMap, so i wouldn't know.)
Also, i'd like to repeat the question above mine- how to change Prof Birch from the Ruby intro? His picture doesn't appear in UnLz GBA, but it does in TLP- but that's not entirely convenient, tbh. Help please?

Years
So I have a question.
How to change the message before we playing in Pokemon Fire Red (you know before the Prof.Oak talk to you about the world of Pokemon).

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
I'm not really sure where else this question could go so what the hell..
You know when you see someones hack thread, and they show you various towns, routes, cities, caves, etc, but the picture they show is the full map? How is this done? Do you use Advance Map to save the map as an image or something? (I don't have AdvanceMap, so i wouldn't know.)
Also, i'd like to repeat the question above mine- how to change Prof Birch from the Ruby intro? His picture doesn't appear in UnLz GBA, but it does in TLP- but that's not entirely convenient, tbh. Help please?

1st Question:

One way is to use print screen and copy the image in to Paint.

Quickster

Dream or Drop?
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2016
I just need to ask two questions.
Is it possible to edit the oldman event that teaches you to catch pokemon.Like change his name.?

ALso,where can you edit the sprite you surf on in fire red,do you use tile molester?

Mekaj

Vampire Hunter
Years
I'm hacking Fire Red and I can't seem to get a title editor that actually edits the title of the game. I'm new to hacking so I'm a little lost. How do I change the title screen so that it says pokemon black night edition( for example) instead of fire red?

Quickster

Dream or Drop?
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2016
I'm hacking Fire Red and I can't seem to get a title editor that actually edits the title of the game. I'm new to hacking so I'm a little lost. How do I change the title screen so that it says pokemon black night edition( for example) instead of fire red?

Theres no tool that actually edits the title,you have to do it your self using UNLZ-GBA. If you look through the tutorials,youre sure to find something on it.

Years
  • Seen Jun 9, 2009
This is probably going to be the stupidest question you've heard, but how do you get ruby or emerald and such to work on the visual boy advance? Everytime i load one up it just sits at a white screen without sound.

Quickster

Dream or Drop?
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2016
I dont know what causes this problem,but its happened before. I go into the house and a couple tiles mess up and have part of the door animation on it as in the picture below.How do I fix this?

Pokemon-hackyellowfun-Copy2_01.png

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
I dont know what causes this problem,but its happened before. I go into the house and a couple tiles mess up and have part of the door animation on it as in the picture below.How do I fix this?

Pokemon-hackyellowfun-Copy2_01.png

That's an error with the ROM base. I think the error is because those tiles are on an area affected by the door animation; as far as I know, there's no way of getting around that unless you want to use a new base.

This is probably going to be the stupidest question you've heard, but how do you get ruby or emerald and such to work on the visual boy advance? Everytime i load one up it just sits at a white screen without sound.

Are you sure that you've unzipped the ROMs? If you have, you may have a bad ROM. Try another one, and see if it works.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2015
is it possible to add more than 26 pokemon in the game
so to have Kanto,Jhoto,Hohen,sinnoh,and more for a total of 500 in a fire red hack?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back