• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen What is your favorite Gen III Pokemon

Years
Poochyena/Mightyena (like Rattata/Raticate in Kanto - my team without Poochyena is not a team xD), Zigzagoon/Linoone and Ralts/Kirlia/Gardevoir - that trio usually made my full team. I like also Plusle, Minun, Electrike/Manectric, Shuppet/Banette.

Years
Favorites: Swalot (love his design and the first time I had one on a team he saved me from getting wiped), Masquerain (love the design)
I don't not like any of the pokemon in third gen. the designs are great ^^

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
I have several favorites with Banette being my favorite one of them all, but the others are:
Dusclops, Mightyena, Sableye, Swampert, Latias, Latios, Cacturne, Groudon, Mawile and Milotic.

:t354:TG

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
Mine would be Guardevoir, Flygon, Rayquaza, Latias, Mawile, Blaziken, Kyogre, ...

Actually, most Pokemon of Gen 3 are really great...they did a great job designing them.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen today
Tricky question is too tricky :/

Well, top of the list somewhere are Lati@s, Swampert, Ralts, Ludicolo...

But, tbh the only Gen III pokémon I don't like are Clamperl, Huntail and Gorebyss. Clams scare me more than most fish, and whatever those other two are....*shudders*...just, no. Make them go away please!

✯Shigeru✯

I Dropped The Lift Key...
Years
I've always been a huge fan of reptilian Pokemon and my favorite from gen 3 is Grovyle. I like Treecko and Sceptile but, I think Grovyle's design is much cooler.

Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2016
I was always fascinated by Deoxys, largely because I never had it. However with it being easy to find in the later games it's not as special anymore.

Groudon design wise was just, I dunno, it captured me instantly. I love Pokémon Ruby. Rayquaza, again, another great design.

For standard Pokémon however I'm going to say Sharpedo. I love Sharks, and it's awesome. Dark/Water type. Brilliant.

Wyverneon

No, I am not Eevee Dragon evo
Years
Salamence, Flygon
I don't usually like pokemon with double weakness, but then again It's Dragons
Both of their evolutionary lines is amazing in design
Flygon line is a bit unorthodos, but that's what made them awesome

Kingdra
Oh, he nullify ice weakness making him invincible, and i always love seahorse

Basically dragons
Altaria didn't appeal much to me, and i don't favor legends

jrevm30

Trigesimo->"The Thirtieth"
Years
  • Seen Jun 14, 2013
My favorite pokemons would be #swampert (immuned to electric and my fire type should handle the grass types) #torkoal (overheat + white smoke? Oh come on!) #agron (preferably one with a rock head ability) #rayquaza (i mean, who doesn't?), and many many more!

The least favorites would be none, at least i can't think any this time..

Chary

Yeah-Hah!
Years
Swampert, Blazekin, Lati@s, Grovyle, Salamance. Whew, there are so many cool Pokemon to choose from!

.:batto:.

Pokébreeder
Years
Gardevoir. Lvl 70 plus its un stoppable. how do you like being put to sleep. and having your dreams eaten at high sp. attack levels!?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
Don't get me started on the third gen, I fear if I start listing off my favourites it won't be long before I've listed nearly every single Hoenn pokemon.

If I'm being really strict though...:

Favourites: Numel/Camerupt, Roselia, Seviper, Mawile, Torchic/Blaziken, Salamence, Flygon, Swablu/Altaria, Gulpin/Swalot, Kyogre, Tropius, Lunatone, Corphish, Ralts/Kirlia/Gardevoir, Snorunt, Clamperl.....etc etc

(See what I mean, there's just so much quality....I could go on and on) Numel and Roselia are my absolute favourites of the bunch though.

I started appreciating Salamence, Flygon and Altaria in later generations though. It's funny how that happens.

I can't say I dislike any of them, the most I could say is I feel indifferent towards a couple like Luvdisc or Electrike/Manectric. Actually that's not completely true, the internet has ruined Mudkip and it's family for me....I just cringe whenever I look at it now.

Sirfetch’d

Not sure if I have already replied to this haha, but oh well! Castform just because it is so adorable and so versatile it can be used on any ingame team <3 It is still my favorite Pokemon of all time.

Back