• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Super Smash Bros. Discussion

Do you think it is real or fake?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
Eh...I'm doubting Ganondorf and Toon Link will be as "cloney" this time around. They're definitely going to have more apparent differentiation that would appeal to non-competitive (and competitive) players.

I'm doubting it as well. But until we get to see their movesets with our eyes, we have to assume otherwise :/

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I really doubt Toon Link will be luigified, because Sakurai mentioned back in the Brawl website that it is a rule that both incarnations of Link will share the same moveset.

Years
I hope they add a Sonic character that isn't Sonic. It's not going to happen, but I think Cream would be a nice choice.

I'd also like Professor Layton. He's... second-party or something, so it shouldn't be too hard.

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Looks like trophies are making a safe return:

3ds_trophy_smash_bros.jpg

How we get them, is still a mystery.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
It'll probably be the same way we've obtained trophies from the last two games (Classic Mode, Adventure Mode, Slot machines, etc.).

I hope they add a Sonic character that isn't Sonic. It's not going to happen, but I think Cream would be a nice choice.

One character per third-party franchise. Remember, Sakurai doesn't want to add third-parties all willy nilly.

I'd also like Professor Layton. He's... second-party or something, so it shouldn't be too hard.
Sorry, he's actually a third-party character in Japan.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Wait, how do you know Diddy will make an appearance next month?
As what Darkrai Lv.1000 mentioned, Sakurai has been revealing veterans to tie-in with the release dates of their upcoming games. And since Tropical Freeze is due by Feb. 13 in Japan, I'm expecting Diddy Kong rather than someone like Dixie, because based on Rosalina's reveal, Sakurai wants to reveal all the veteran reps for one series in order to reveal its newcomer. Oh and another thing, Yoshi's New Island's release date is revealed to be March 14th, which means expect Yoshi's reveal in two months.

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Alrighty, thanks to Pinkie-Dawn again for this; supposedly we have a leaked image about the primary character roster for SSB4:

Spoiler:

Any thoughts?

PMG

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
I remember seeing that. I'm pretty sure it's fake. It's missing the little hand cursors, the image of Mewtwo is pulled right from Battle Revolution, and that artwork of Yoshi is from Mario Party Island Tour.

Now if it was real, I'd honestly be surprised to see Mega Man available from the start. I would think they'd make him unlockable like with Snake and Sonic from the previous game. As long as it's easy enough, I'd certainly like to see that happen.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Character rosters are always going to be 'leaked'. I'd be only inclined to give them any weight when we're right next to a release date - otherwise it's really odds on that they're fake.

At any rate, that image doesn't work for me.

Outlier

Snake was the best character in Smash Bros ever. He'd literally kill every other character from Smash Bros in a real fight. With or without weapons.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 3, 2022
I doubt that roster is accurate. Bowser's name as Koopa? Seems a bit odd. And Megaman was introduced as Megaman in the trailer, right? So why's he Rockman now? Also, I remember in Brawl characters lined up in columns by franchise, and I think Melee did that too. So Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Bowser should be in one column. Dedede should be below Kirby. Maybe it's an incomplete roster?
Also it's really a small roster. When the game comes out, I'd like to see more characters, not less.
Like Magnus from Kid Icarus Uprising, the guy's practically MADE for smash bros. And Chrom and/or Lucina from FE Awakening.

Last edited:

PMG

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
I doubt that roster is accurate. Bowser's name as Koopa? Seems a bit odd. And Megaman was introduced as Megaman in the trailer, right? So why's he Rockman now? Also, I remember in Brawl characters lined up in columns by franchise, and I think Melee did that too. So Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Bowser should be in one column. Dedede should be below Kirby. Maybe it's an incomplete roster?
Also it's really a small roster. When the game comes out, I'd like to see more characters, not less.
Like Magnus from Kid Icarus Uprising, the guy's practically MADE for smash bros. And Chrom and/or Lucina from FE Awakening.

Koopa, Rosetta and Chiko, Rockman, etc, are all the Japanese names of the characters. In an attempt to make this fake select screen look real, they used the Japanese names, considering how any screenshot leaks would be from the Japanese version of the game.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years

Those are actually their Japanese names, and every Japanese version of the Smash Bros. titles uses them rather than their English names. Since you've remembered Brawl characters lined up in columns by franchise, you'll also remember that its default roster was also like that "leaked" roster, where the characters are out of order until you unlock everything, placing those characters into their rightful spot.

Sorry to burst your bubble on the former, but: http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=220879

A new rumor/leak has been spawned, and it's Palutena (I couldn't link the images from that article due to being too big). This looks too real to be fake, but the real question, is she playable or an assist trophy?

Sortiariux

Pokémon Wizard
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 15, 2014
Oh boy a Smash thread. My friends are really hyped for this new game (like really hyped) and so whenever we hang out, the flavor of the week has been smash (Particularly melee) and they've started getting serious with their playing. I was wondering if any of you guys knew how to play Smash competitively and could hopefully help me?

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
Oh boy a Smash thread. My friends are really hyped for this new game (like really hyped) and so whenever we hang out, the flavor of the week has been smash (Particularly melee) and they've started getting serious with their playing. I was wondering if any of you guys knew how to play Smash competitively and could hopefully help me?

Uh yeah, like what do you need help with exactly? Starting out?

Alrighty, thanks to Pinkie-Dawn again for this; supposedly we have a leaked image about the primary character roster for SSB4:

Spoiler:

Any thoughts?

God, please be fake or I'm going to be super dissapointed!!

New news, check this out guys: http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/01/22/smash-bros-will-change-the-way-edge-guarding-works

It seems like edge guarding will be different in the next Smash. It ticks me off how Nintendo wants to go with the non competitive way. For pete's sake, Smash Bros. was at its peak when Melee was created because the game was so darn competitive!!

Back