• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Silver hack: Pokémon Light Platonism [FIRST ALPHA]

Years
4mO1ELi.png

Herr Bruno is underwhelmed by the 'Pokédex.'

So this hack is quite niche, a re-formulation of Pokémon Silver for others involving philosophical and political figures as Pokémon and trainers, and dialogue which is in harmony with these themes. Nonetheless, it might interest some, and this kind of thing (other than the lightly religious hack at times) is quite different to the other hacks, if you want a change. A signal beam from a place where Pokémon is a bunch of people discussing Hegel, Socrates and Marx, and sometimes catching them.
Introduction
You begin by being told of a peculiar transformation in JOHTO, and a warning that some may get touchy about Amadeo Bordiga, before beginning your Pokémon adventure by choosing from one of Grisong, Wimorgue and Haguezal. In this journey, you are interrupted by TEAM UNKNOWN, who believe in the UNKNOWN GOD and are out to ruin your day. However, you keep on through cities and obstacles, until you reach and combat the Elite 4, opening further zones for you to battle the occasional trainer and seek further, rare Pokemon.

"Everybody's going through something. We gotta get over it." - Usher.

Screenshots:
812aN7e.png
m73SVft.png

Route 29.

OIrX2Dp.png

Route 30.

QKCAWbj.png
G0WbuUE.png

This is not Cerulean Cape.

Gdgs5xE.png
ARcg2D6.png
jp4u4se.png
7UMkbAL.png
Syuzi83.png
oymkjAh.png
bm0cjlk.png
0goa74i.png
1TyiabR.png
LP0Rl8o.png
IhR9POE.png
38lOJsd.png
Progress:
Dialogue: Completed for about 4/8 cities, and mostly for Indigo Plateau.
OW Sprites: TBD, will be updated, mostly, in above screenshots.
Map alterations: Being reined back a bit, to keep the sense of its still being Johto. About 15% done.
Trainers: 30% done. Gym Leaders mostly done.
Planning: Complete. Post-game shall utilise some of the Kanto areas, with not only Mt. Silver, but also others, but now altered to be within Johto. The Kanto arc shall not be present. Some original Pokemon, such as the UNOWN, shall be present.

"If you don't [k]now you'd better learn to believe me when I say I'm going to build a wall around this town." - Rites of Spring.
Videos:
Trailer of Alpha 0.1 (first three Gyms):

Programs used:
Will be completed upon completion of the hack. As of now, with some definiteness:

Translhextion.
PokeText.
AGIXP.
Downloads:
Alpha 0.1.

J1le8j6.png

Rar file:
- link -
Plain .ips file, if any problems with that: - link -

"So I smashed a lamp-post. I would if I had to. Then I wondered what I could not do." - OSI.
Additional Information/Location of Rarities:
Will be added for convenience when downloads become available.

"It's always up to you, if you want to be that, want to see that, want to see it that way." - Supertramp.

Last edited:
Years
I'm interested in this project... how about the pokedex? How many pokemon/fakemon will be included?

Years
Thanks. As stated, in part, most of the Pokémon will be replaced, although in a given version mostly only the Pokémon that come up in the area so far displayed. The exceptions will mostly be set-aside Pokémon such as Smeargle, Celebi or the Unown, who might be given more significant roles. Apologies for the delay, by the way, which was in part due to computer issues. In any case, an alpha should be released in the coming days, so here's a few 'sketches' of Pokémon sprites from the game to keep you lot occupied:

9NoPfjn.png
3z8m9mV.png
18XcwZs.png

Years
Here's a brief trailer of the game so far:

This first version reaches up to the end of the third Gym. Future versions should reach up to about the end of Johto, and the post-game and such be in the final.

Thanks.

Back