• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokemon Trainer Academy (OOC) (NEW!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drago Dragonite

General of the Dragons' Army
Years
Very well, can somebody help me decide which pokémon will be Daniel's Christmas gift?
Here is the list:
Rotom\Electrike\Slowpoke\Abra\Tirogue\Croagunk\Grimer\Hipopotas\Digglett\Spearow\Murkrow\Drowzee\Aron\Shuppet\Duskull\Sneasel\Poochyena\Meowth.

Tell me your opinion about which pokémon(of this list) should be Daniel's christmas gift, please!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
I would say go with whichever pokemon you think will (or won't!) suit your character best. It's not really a decision anyone else can make for you, and we can't really help you decide without more information I'm afraid. I know it sounds very trite but... follow your pokeheart!

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Oh geez I gotta think about some stuff that Mark might get for christmas :P Maybe some valuable hold items... I kinda already have Mark's last team member planned out sort of. I may even bring in Mark's parents...

Drago Dragonite

General of the Dragons' Army
Years
Its not about deciding for me... Its like, I chosed those pokémon because they would fit my character, now I just to decide which one. Maybe I'll just launch the dices...
Or... You could say a random number between 1 and 18, then I-
No, this is too much work...
Mmmmm...
I think it could be a Slowpoke with king's rock stuck to his head, and a sneasel.
Yes! High five to myself!
Actually, I have one more question. Is there actually any kind of "box system" at the academy, like where the students can switch pokémon if they have more than six? Because then I could have all of the pokémon I wanted... Hehe.

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Yeah theres a box system. Your free to have as much as you want, just make sure six are on your team :p

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
@Yellow Wolf & Nideous: I forgot to mention that Kilik & Mana are back in the group with Valorie, Kiyoko & Draco. Just letting you know.

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
Years
So, anyone bored and in Raikou dorm area? Gwen's asleep but I could have her wake up for a bit if anyone fancied, if not I guess it's just waiting until IC-tomorrow.

Iny Gage

Forum Dweller.
Years
So, anyone bored and in Raikou dorm area? Gwen's asleep but I could have her wake up for a bit if anyone fancied, if not I guess it's just waiting until IC-tomorrow.

If you're wanna You can come out to the training field with Drago and I, I was making allot of noise in the hallway with my luggage so that could be a fitting excuse for you to wake up.

Last edited:
Years
Can I create a student for Entei and one for Suicune dorm also at some point soon? It says I can in the OP but I thought I should check.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Speaking of the end of the IC day ... guess what tiiiime it iiiis!~

It's time for the countdown! The IC day is going to be ending relatively soon, so finish up what you're doing and prepare to move on. I'm estimating either 1 or 2 weeks of waiting before the day changes.

(Note: You get to make one last post after the day officially changes detailing what your character does with their night. They can train all through the night if they want, but it has to be condensed to one single post.)

(Note 2: Megaman765 and I will be releasing a list of who takes what classes tomorrow. As with the ideas I took earlier, students will have 2 classes per day instead of 1 now before free time takes over.)

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019

My character Sammy is in the dorm area (near Lucia dorm) and not so long ago hollered for help. That might wake your character up?

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
@Synthet: That seems like a very compelling reason to wake someone up. ;P
...Or terrify them so badly that they hide under their bedsheets. e___o; Lordy. Can you imagine..?

@Everyone: So, due to several streams of straight up awful luck I'm considering putting Olivia away--Maybe bringing back MacKenzie or a character that's never seen the light of day in PTA before.

In other news, I have a question for our newer / quieter RPers. Basically anyone who has joined within the last few months. :P (You don't have to answer.)

Would you tell us a bit about yourselves, how you're feeling about things, and what your plans/goals are as far as PTA goes? There's quite a lot of you if I'm not mistaken, and I'd like to promote some socializing. :P

Years
@Yellow - Answering your question V2

A bit about myself - I'm an 18 year old Aussie dude studying education. My hobbies include anime, video games (although I'm not really a "gamer"), reading, I'm very much a listener to music and I'm actually a competitive dancer (woo). Like most of the characters I RP as I'm mostly quiet at first and a bit of an academic but I'm different in the sense that I'm considered quite funny by most people and that I'm very outgoing in the few social situations I'm really comfortable in. Oh, and I like pie.

How am I feeling about the RP - I love it, it is a new take on an old idea that is working out very well and though I have only posted once I already feel very much like part of the group, although I'm very much hoping for some player interaction soon.

Plans for the RP - Not much right now since I'm still sussing everything out. I'm still trying to decide what my characters long time goals will be since his main motivations for teaching are to change up his life and share his knowledge. I have another character I'm planning on signing up (a student) with some minor history with Zayne that could push for more development on his side but character interaction with myself could be kinda weird.

Last edited:

Iny Gage

Forum Dweller.
Years
Would you tell us a bit about yourselves, how you're feeling about things, and what your plans/goals are as far as PTA goes? There's quite a lot of you if I'm not mistaken, and I'd like to promote some socializing. :P
Alright, I go into a bit more detail in my bio but to Put it simply, I LOVE to challenge myself, Especially Tactically with my Favorite games Being Starcraft, League of Legends, D&D And of Course pokemon! I'm Almost 20 Years old (Less than a week from now) and I work as a casheer. *Although Maybe not for long with the hours I've been getting.*

Its gonna sound like I'm sucking up but I've always wanted to try out a School RPG *I saw a few in WoW before but I was too chicken to join em* I'm one of those insane people who Actually Liked High School, Mostly cause I have the kind of mind where if I just pay attention In class I can get an A or B which allowed me to focus on the Classes I wanted to feel challenged from, Like band. Heck, Even when I had papers in school I challenged myself to choose a Topic I knew almost nothing about and write it on that, My last one being a Paper on the Basics of the Japanese language. Lately I've Broken out of my comfort zone thanks to an awesome guild I joined in World of Warcraft and I've been interested in Roleplay ever since.

While I don't really have any plans for this RP I do have Two goals. The first one Is to Develop Iny's Character More, Right now She is very basic, I wanna try to Define her Morals a bit more and Possibly Get her a more long term goal. The 2nd one is to be able to Flesh out my posts a bit more, Right now I'm having a had time even reaching the 100 character limit sometimes, I would like to work on adding detail into my posts as well as Iny's Thoughts and feelings.

That's about it, I think I ended up going into more detail than my bio actually O_o, I might need to update that.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
In other news, I have a question for our newer / quieter RPers. Basically anyone who has joined within the last few months. :P (You don't have to answer.)

A bit about me? Sure. Twenty four, male, working *insanely* long days for Games Workshop - but I'm not sure how much longer that'll go on for. Massive pokemon fan since the days of Pokemon Blue (I never did catch them all, I had no one to trade with...) and really enjoying PTA so far. It seems very focused on character development, which is a plus, with raising pokemon, battling and the school life being ways to do this as well as fun "side-quests".

My plans for Sammy are to develop her world view further. Right now she really hates the idea of deliberate cruelty to pokemon, but it's a sort of fuzzy adolescent view of the whole issue. The way she 'saved' her Cubone points to that - she handled the whole situation very badly and hasn't really made any effort to put it right. She doesn't really have any short, mid or long term goals which is something she's aware of and insecure about. She likes the idea of working with pokemon, and enjoys being a trainer, but isn't sure she's committed enough to make a life out of it. She's a little aimless and looking for direction.

I have a number of life goals/career paths that are possible for her, and it's just a matter of which one she ends up following. Almost all of them directly involve pokemon, with a few of them requiring being quite a good trainer (though that isn't the focus). I can post the shortlist if anyone is interesting, or I can keep it under my hat. Answers on a post(card) please.

She's having a fairly chaotic introduction to the school right now, and I'm not sure how well she'll deal with the structure of class and the authority figures that she'll encounter. Looking forward to finding out. I'd like for her to make a few close friends, but at least one serious i-hate-them-so-much-and-want-to-beat-them-at-everything! rival would be great. A mix of good and bad times make RP interesting - too much of one or the other makes things stale.

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
Years
Well well, let's see.

I'm a 20year old girl living in south wales, I work in a nightclub on weekends, and a bar on weekdays. Weekend hours are very long hence I'm rarely around on weekends.
I rent a small house with my GF who's doing a culinary arts course in the local university.
We've been together what will be 4 years in march.

about half way through a computer-science degree, and enjoying it a bunch.

I'm kind of a punky/rocky kid stuck in the 90's I enjoy a lot of older music than most people my age, and rarely listen to recent music, although there are some newer bands I enjoy.

Huge fan of videogames, both retro and more modern ones. Between me and my partner, we own at least one of every single Nintendo and sony console and well as 2 atari's and 2 high-range gaming PCs which we built together. [bar 3ds- haven't convinced myself that I need one just for the ocarina of time HD remake yet...]

My other two hobbies would be reading and running, I enjoy reading fantasy novels, and the occasional video-game tie in novel [some of them are surprisingly good.] I mainly run just to stay in shape, but I've realized that I actually enjoy the process of running, and that scares me; I don't want to turn into some sort of healthy thing.

In terms of the RP I'm enjoying it a lot so far, I made Gwen an interesting character from my viewpoint, I tried to alienate her from myself so that I don't impose any of my personality on her, however several of her flaws are similar to my own, which is good because I have first hand experience about what sort of issues they can cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back