• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Here's a Little Something...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DGexe

Taunter
Years
Alrighty... ahem, I do hope this is in the correct board (my apologies if it is not)... anyway, a couple of months ago out of boredom, I came up with a little something to impliment into possible Pokemon RPs, like how Pokemorphing has been used over the years.

Anyway, I'd like to see some feedback on this idea, please; and I do sincerly apologize to those within the community who are avid about leaving humans the way they are: mundane. Also, do note that this is severely under-written and is still in the baby-stages... hence my desiring feedback before I go even farther into the idea.

Poké-Bonding

I. Poké-Bonding in of itself
Also known as "Bonding", the experimental elemental-controlling powers of Poke-Bonding was a series of experimental projects by Team Rocket in an effort to see if humans could control the elemental types of Pokémon. As a result, they created what Bonders themselves refer to as "Reverse Morphs". While Bonders do gain the elemental control of the Pokémon they bond with, they also acquire some kind of physical trait akin to the Pokémon or element; each trait varies from Pokémon to Pokémon.

According to research notes taken during the project, Poké-Bonding requires in most cases that a human subject form a tight, actually caring bond with a Pokémon before the changes can even commence. To many a scientist's chagrin, they've always had to have the Bonders grow good relationships with their Pokémon, which often lead to results that Team Rocket and the subjects didn't exactly "enjoy". The Poké-Bonding project came to a standstill a few months before Team Rocket was disbanded for the first time, after an experiment with a Haunter Bonder and a Rotom Bonder caused one of the facilities to unleash the hordes of them being held there. It seems that the intangibility of the Haunter and the computer-hacking of the Rotom allowed for a nice escape route for all.

II. Poké-Bonding and Average Humans
The first one hundred experiments were on normal humans—or ones that did not possess innate powers. There were no issues with the Bonders during this time, aside from side effects that some of the scientists predicted. Between Class 1 Bonders (average humans) and Class 2 Bonders (psychics), it was discovered that even without Pokémon around, they could tap into their powers—albeit, the powers were weaker.

Class 1s are the most common of Bonder types, though it is hard to tell a Class 1 from a Class 2 and both from a human just off the bat—the Class 1s tend to hide within normal human society, trying to pass themselves off as just another human being.

II. Poké-Bonding and Psychics
These were classified as Class 2 Bonders, and all of them were psychics. Much to the surprise of the scientists working on the project, Class 2 Bonders possessed higher energy levels of elemental power, allowing their powers to amplify naturally. Also, the duration of their powers was increased.

Unfortunately, Class 2s reacted to the same elemental weaknesses as their Pokémon counterparts, something which was not witnessed nor recorded in the Class 1s. As a result, the side effects of Bonding between Class 2s, Ghosts, and Dark types results in greater duration and power of the side effects.

Unlike Class 1s, Class 2s are generally more open about their newfound powers. Some speculate that this may be a sign of arrogance, though that's just blanketing the entire group.

IV. A list of Poké-Bonds and Their Effects (Or what I have so far)
Feel free to throw in your own ideas as to bonding powers and species; obviously, this list is very far from complete. Pokemon that someone else has come up with shall be in teal. As a forewarning, they may get a tweek or two; just a slight one. If you aren't comfortable with that, just say so in your post!

24. Arbok—The bonder would gain fangs, and the ability to produce highly potent poison. Eventually the poison glands in the bonders body would burst, causing the poison to seep throught the bonders veins.

26. Raichu—The bonder could manipulate electricity, including thunder storms. Eventually the bonder becomes electricty themselves, and could only live in electric sources.

63, 64 and 65. Abra, Kadabra and Alakazam—The user can read minds, and when bonding Alakazam, can control them. The bonder eventually goes crazy from hearing the voices of everyone.

91. Gastly—Enables the Bonder to produce either a suffocating (males) or sleeping (female) gas to envelope targets. Over time, it will either suffocate the Bonder to death or put them in a never-ending sleep; either way, they will eventually die.

92. Haunter—warps the Bonder's body into a fully intangible form, both in body and in clothing; this enables the Bonder to slip through almost any obstacle. Eventually, it will waste away the Bonder's tangible body until only a spirit is left.

93. Gengar—turns the Bonder into a shadowy entity, allowing them to slip from one shadow to another. It will turn the Bonder into nothing but shadows, unable to turn back into a tangible form—akin to Haunter's side effects.

133. Eevee—akin to the Pokémon, an Eevee Bonder is able to "adapt" to the environment around it at any one time and change into an Eeveelution Bonder of another kind. This resets back to Eevee after the bond is severed. Such a bond causes the user's body to go haywire on a molecular level, resulting in horrible deformities that only worsen over time, whether or not Bonding is performed afterwards.

134. Vaporeon—the Bonder can melt into the water just as the Pokémon can; the user also gains a bluish tint to their skin, webbed feet, and gills. Eventually, the Bonder's molecular structure will permanently become water, and the user's spirit will inhabit the water—akin to a water nymph.

149. DragoniteThe bonder gains the temporary ability to fly, allowing air attacks in which they drop items (or can, if they can pick them up). Eventually the bonder would not be able to remove its wings, and could no longer use them.

150. Mewtwo—the Bonder acquires a purple tint to their skin tone and goes into a berserker kind of rampage. Overuse of this bond results in the Bonder becoming unable to get out of the rampage, and eventually they will overexert themselves into a potentially permanent coma.

155, 156, & 157. Cyndaquil, Quilava, & Typholsion—as is with most of the fire-types, a Bonder's body will become molten lava for a while; the Bonder can fling little "pellets" of lava which actually explode on impact. This trait is not shared with Growlieth and Arcanine, Ponyta and Rapidash, or Moltres.

475. Gallade—perhaps one of the single most painful powers out of them all, bonding with a Gallade allows for a sharp ridge of bone to appear out of the elbow and along the outer sides of the arms, wolverine style, taking the shape of Gallade's arm blades. It also allows for temporary (while the bond is intact) use of Psycho Cut by tapping into either dormant or already existant psychic powers; no, it doesn't allow for psychic power developement outside of the bond for Class 1s or underdeveloped Class 2s. It is extremely painful and causes quite a lot of blood to be spilt; plus, it leaves scars. Well, if the blood loss doesn't get you temoprarily (or fatally, may the Pokemon Gods forbid), eventually your arms will loose all feeling and control permanently.

V. Pros and Cons of Bonding
As dandy and great as it may be having a human that can do things Pokémon can do, Bonding comes at quite a great price. For every pro to Bonding, a bond has its cons; this could be anything from physical, mental, or emotional alteration of the Bonder up to death; horrific pain, scarring, disabilities… you name it, and bonding probably has it. Some bonds share the same cons, as they do with the pros, while others are completely unique to that species.

Individual cons, unless they are shared by various species of Pokémon, do not further the cons of another species. For example, if a Haunter Bond was deteriorating the physical form of a Bonder, a Vaporeon's bond would not further that kind of deterioration. Just for my own personal kicks, there is no way to tell how much or little use a bond power will take to reach "critical stage" in the penalties of the power(s) used. Why? It spices things up in roleplays and stories. Suspense, you see.

Another con of Bonding is the short amount of time that a power stays; the maximum time has been recorded at five minutes and thirty-two seconds; using a power over and over after each bit of "down time" (usually another five minutes minimum) not only wears out the Bonder quickly but also slightly increases the chances of reaching a critical stage for a certain kind of bond.

Last edited:

Eletj

Once Eletj, Always Eletj
Years
This looked intresting, so here a pokemon idea for you.

63, 64 and 65. Abra, Kadabra and Alakazam. The user can read minds, and when bonding Alakazam, can control them.
The bonder eventually goes crazy from hearing the voices of everyone.

Feel free to use. Pm me if you want some more.

Blue Screen of Death

Wait, what?
Years
I agree with Eletj, this does look interesting. I too have an idea for you.

149, Dragonite. The bonder gains the temporary ability to fly, allowing air attacks in which they drop bombs. Eventually the bonder would not be able to remove its wings, and could no longer use them.

Also, 24, Arbok. The bonder would gain fangs, and the ability to produce highly potent poison. Eventually the poison glands in the bonders body would burst, causing the poison to seep throught the bonders veins.

And lastly, 26, Raichu. The bonder could manipulate electricity, including thunder storms. Eventually the bonder becomes electricty themselves, and could only live in electric sources.

There are plenty more where that came from.

Last edited:

DGexe

Taunter
Years
Ahah, those I like... *adds to the list*

@Eletj-- for the sake of curiousity, however, I can't help but ask...
Why the bit about being able to control Alakazam when bonded to one? Simply because they're the last of the evolutionary line for Abra, or something else?

Eletj

Once Eletj, Always Eletj
Years
Umm, just because its last one. However, you may change it to all if you like, I don't mind.

Heres another one:
240,126 and 467, Magby, Magmar and Magmortar: The bonder's body is incased in flame, and they may manipulate fire. The bonder eventually body burns to the core. All is left is a frozen flame, containing the bonder's soul.

Feel free to change it to whatever you like.

I'm bored, so I'll do another couple:

1,2 and 3, Bulbasaur, Ivysaur and Venusaur: Flora and Fauna covers the body. The bonder may manipulate nature's growth and use seeds as weapons e.g: Sleep spores, poison spores etc. The bonder eventually becomes a tree and its seeds do as well.

135, Jolteon: Static filled spikes cover the bonder's body. They may be fired at will, and they explode on impact. The spines become permanent, but cannot be fired and lost their static electricy.

Feel free to change as you like.:D

Yuukihime

I'm allergic to people.
Years
Oh wow is this going to turn into a role-play? If so I would love to join..Anyway Please forgive me if its not that good ^^;

Articuno: Gives the bonder the ability to breathe and control ice. However over time the bonder will freeze to death or can only dwell in below zero temperatures.
Sorry if its not that good ^^;.. I just randomly came up with it so.. Yah ^-^;

DGexe

Taunter
Years
For now, it's not going to be a forum-based rp; I'm a tad wary of starting one right now because school is right around the corner and my comp time is a tad limited.

Wary is me, for sure. Perhaps in the future, you can see me try to make this into a rolepay, however. ^^

And to the Articuno... I like the sound of it, but would you not mind if I (or yourself, GhostPrincess;after all, I'm giving everyone free reign to pretty much help this list grow) differientiate between one side effect or the other? Such as, for example, males might freeze over while females can't live in anything above zero degrees? Or even split it up between Classes 1 and 2?

Yuukihime

I'm allergic to people.
Years
Hmm~ I'm not very good at doing such things and I was in a hurry to give my idea for this so I randomly came up with something so I guess its time to put it into more detail.

Articuno- It gives the abillity to have the bonder to breathe and control ice at the users wll.. However the side effect are different between males and females...

Class 2- would end up only being able to live in below 0 degree tempertures. If they were to go anyweher near fire their bodies would become unstable and they would melt.

Class 1- on the other hand. Unfortunetly with this bond their sole ends up freezing do to the sheer power of this ice.. Which ends up freezing the bonder to Class 1's very soul in an eternal ice prison.

edited: Kay edited I guess ._. I had originally been working on class 1 being female and class 2 being male but, then I reread the class thing so here yah go x3

Expect more to come!

Last edited:

DGexe

Taunter
Years
That's better, however I'd like to point out on teensy lil' thing, if you don't mind;

Class 1: generic humans, non-psychics
Class 2: psychic humans; powers are usually augmented more so than Class 1s

There are males and females in both classes, instead of one class being one gender and the other class being the other gender.

Blue Screen of Death

Wait, what?
Years
I have another one er... three.

No. 137, 233, 472, porygon, porygon two, porygon-z. The bonder gains the ability to turn him or herself into pure data, allowing them to transport themselves into and technological apparatus. Eventually the bonder loses the ability to regain their solid form and must live as data.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back