• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roserade

Proud Member of the PQ.
Years
  • Seen Jul 12, 2014
Y'all known Ravenclaw is the silent killer. B)

Now you're dead. B)

Quest

Veteran Roleplayer
Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2023
@ Skymin: I see what you're saying too. After thinking about it, first year would be the best choice as they could meet each other and make friends instead of possibly taking no notice. Thanks!

@ Raikiri: I totally agree with you. :P Also, maybe you should read the rest, without them most people will miss key points not explained in the earlier ones. Thanks for your suggestion.

@Miss Doronjo: That's what I was thinking though I also included controlling Auror and/or Teacher characters if they're up too it. (Though I think most, if not all, RPers on PC are indeed up to it.) Thanks.

@ Roserade: BUT WAIT, I'M A RAVENCLAW!! *gets killed, followed by ghost stalking you and causing you major stress* That'll teach you for killin. :P

Anyways, I sent it in for confirmation. (At least, I think I did. I left the room while it was posting...) All I know is that I completely forgot to make a notes part about classes and spells, hexes, curses, and jinxes...

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
You totally have sent it in. I'm just not on my computer (on my phone :>) so I'll do stuff with it when I get on in like an hour. Just got/walked home from work and I need to sit. d:

Years
All Ravenclaws, raise your glasses! xD *raises glass* We rule~! You don't actually need the books to know. The movies are quite close in terms of school, spells and et cetera. I'm an Auror, so give the position to me!! XP

Sewaddle

➠Adowable
Years
I'd join, but I'm not the biggest Star Wars fan :< Plus I'm already considering joining the HP RP!

...And on another note, I'm thinking of following through with my magical girl RP idea and making one myself. HOWEVER, before I go through with it, I wanna hear opinions on what kinds of things should and shouldn't be in it.

---

One of my main ideas is that rather than be limited to having only magical girls, there be magical boys. I would also make sure the plot isn't a typical magical girl plot. And by typical I mean "fall in love with so-and-so and save the world using that power of love!" Instead, like Madoka and Nanoha, the plot would be darker and I may or may not have a happy ending in mind. I also would not ask that there be a lot of romance between characters unless the player(s; it could be one-sided for all we know 8D) happily oblige to such. Oh, and no transformation sequence either!

Some things I'd like to ask though are these:

-Villains. Magical girls/boys are like superheroes, and every superhero has at least a villain, or a villainous species. There doesn't have to be one kind of villain; there could be two. Madoka, for example, has two villains. I was thinking that the magical boys/girls would have to compete to live, kind of like in Madoka. That would make them villainous to each other, no?

-Powers/abilities. Despite being called a "magical" girl/boy, said characters do not have to have magical powers. Homura Akemi in Madoka mainly uses weapons she stole from various mafias (using her time manipulating ability) rather than magic. However, the characters do usually have some type of magical defense, so they aren't powerless against the villains/their own kind. If anything, I'd let the player choose whether or not they want their character to have magical powers or just be skilled with something non-magical.

-How the characters get their powers/abilities. In Madoka, they make a contract with Kyubey. In Tokyo Mew Mew, they are infected (I guess that's the right term?) with genes of endangered species. In Mermaid Melody, their pearls give them their powers so long as they keep them nearby. So how do you think a magical girl/boy should get her/his powers/abilities?

-Type of RP. As in, Chapter versus Do-What-You-Want. I'm leaning toward the latter only because it isn't as controlled, you know? I mean, there'll be plots thrown in from time to time, but at least you don't have to wait for the GM to announce what you're supposed to do next, right?

-Any other suggestions? Besides not making one altogether. I want to make a magical girl RP enjoyable for both males and females, ya know? :3

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I guess for villains there could be rival battles. In some circumstances you might be forced to fight your rival, and so on. [But yeah, its sort of the villain idea you had. :B]

Well, I like your ideas, the only thing I'd suggest is K.I.S.S; cause you know, I'm not a big fan of complicated plots. <3

Quest

Veteran Roleplayer
Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2023
I heard if you click here Unicorns fly over your house and drop $100 dollar bills. I also heard that if you click here all your dreams come true. But in reality, if you click here you are directed to my RP, but it's a fair trade-off.

If only that was true... I'll make an attempt at an SU, though the only things having to do with the series that I've seen is the movies the cartoon, and some really big book of characters.

-Villains. Magical girls/boys are like superheroes, and every superhero has at least a villain, or a villainous species. There doesn't have to be one kind of villain; there could be two. Madoka, for example, has two villains. I was thinking that the magical boys/girls would have to compete to live, kind of like in Madoka. That would make them villainous to each other, no?

I would assume it would make them villainous to each other. For some reason when I think about competing to live, I think about the Hunger Games.

-Powers/abilities. Despite being called a "magical" girl/boy, said characters do not have to have magical powers. Homura Akemi in Madoka mainly uses weapons she stole from various mafias (using her time manipulating ability) rather than magic. However, the characters do usually have some type of magical defense, so they aren't powerless against the villains/their own kind. If anything, I'd let the player choose whether or not they want their character to have magical powers or just be skilled with something non-magical.

I would think that's a good choice there. The reason is that some people might rather be a swordsman than a magician, or a sharpshooter instead of a sorcerer or sorceress.

-How the characters get their powers/abilities. In Madoka, they make a contract with Kyubey. In Tokyo Mew Mew, they are infected (I guess that's the right term?) with genes of endangered species. In Mermaid Melody, their pearls give them their powers so long as they keep them nearby. So how do you think a magical girl/boy should get her/his powers/abilities?

Well, this is a hard one. You could always have the characters come from a long line of magicians, though that may be to common in other things, or have them receive their power from their weapon, which is also a bit overrated but eh.

-Type of RP. As in, Chapter versus Do-What-You-Want. I'm leaning toward the latter only because it isn't as controlled, you know? I mean, there'll be plots thrown in from time to time, but at least you don't have to wait for the GM to announce what you're supposed to do next, right?

I agree.

-Any other suggestions? Besides not making one altogether. I want to make a magical girl RP enjoyable for both males and females, ya know? :3

None from me. :P

I guess for villains there could be rival battles. In some circumstances you might be forced to fight your rival, and so on. [But yeah, its sort of the villain idea you had. :B]

Well, I like your ideas, the only thing I'd suggest is K.I.S.S; cause you know, I'm not a big fan of complicated plots. <3

I'd totally like this if this was Facebook, haha. A band-like RP actually sounds good to me, though it would be hard to do gigs/and or guitar battles...

Quest

Veteran Roleplayer
Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2023
No, no, not the Band K.I.S.S. =O I mean the concept of "Keep it Simple, Stupid". :3

Though that is an interesting idea. ^^;;;

That stupid in the concept must have been for me than, lol. :P

Last edited:

Sewaddle

➠Adowable
Years
I thought of the band when you said K.I.S.S. too XD;

But yeah, I think even my brain would break if I did a complicated plot. "Oh, she's the one who wants to take over the world! But wait, she's actually a peon to him, who wants to take over the galaxy. No no no, he's the underling of the big bad who wants to take over the universe! First you have to beat him, then her, then the big bad. But you have to fight the big bad's minions first, then her monsters, then his aliens." ...Idk.

But I do think pitting the characters against each other would be interesting~ And it would definitely require players to interact with each other and plot and get to know one another better, you know? :3

Edit: Oh right, I'd also like to see a Soul Eater-esque RP :B I've always wanted to try something like that, and though there's one on LiveJournal I'm afraid to join it ;; But a Soul Eater-esque RP would also require player interaction unless you're a Weapon who wants to become a Death Scythe without a Meister, like Justin Law :B

Last edited:

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024

Edit: Oh right, I'd also like to see a Soul Eater-esque RP :B I've always wanted to try something like that, and though there's one on LiveJournal I'm afraid to join it ;; But a Soul Eater-esque RP would also require player interaction unless you're a Weapon who wants to become a Death Scythe without a Meister, like Justin Law :B

You're going to kill me with RP's that I'm dying to join. xDDD

That magical girl RP sounds so intense, and a Soul Eater roleplay sounds awesome too. (I've never properly watched Soul Eater, so I only know the basic pretense, but oh my goshhh it would be funnnn)

-Nocturnal

Vengeance.
Years
The Age of Academy RP ends, and here comes the Age Of Fantasy (RPs) :D

(not gonna state the older ones)
Age of Revolutionary RPing - July - July 31st
Age of Academy RPs - August 1-14
Age of Fantasy - August 15 - ???

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
You and your Ages, Lu. :D

NO! This is all just one age! THE AGE OF SUPERVEGETA!!!!!

or the Age of RPing, whichever one you prefer...lol

Yagerbomb

←Apple Jack
Years
The Age of Academy RP ends, and here comes the Age Of Fantasy (RPs) :D

(not gonna state the older ones)
Age of Revolutionary RPing - July - July 31st
Age of Academy RPs - August 1-14
Age of Fantasy - August 15 - ???

Wouldn't it be "The Reign of Skymin", in reference to the recent change in moderation?

Anyways, there are spots available in my RP, Star Wars: A Republic Dark Age. You don't need to know everything about Star Wars to join, just have a decent knowledge on how things work.

CyBeastSaber

I'M BACK!
Years
I chose not to join the harry potter one because i really don't know much about the movies or the books... *sigh* ah wel

xD I am reluctant to join the Harry Potter RP because I'm lame and all... Hm... Should I or should I not.... Hm.... I guess it's back to pondering time. *.*

Not to mention the overall list of spells is GINORMOUS.... XDDD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back