• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon Dreams: MOTLP

Years
  • Seen Feb 9, 2017
excellent I got nothing else to really mention regarding in-depth mechanics given this.

On the matter of hidden power, if you speak to the people that do the game pokemon reborn they might be able to give you info on what to do because that game I know for a fact fixes hidden power to match X/Y's mechanics, if you decide you want to implement such a change. Figured I'd mention it.

Okay, so we looked in to Hidden Power, I don't understand how it works to be honest, but I think the multiplication is Gen III-Gen V... I think it just needs a slight change to Gen 6 and it should work... Hopefully.

Update To OP:
Added Information in the Information About Features section.
Added Screenshots in the Information About Features section.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Well hidden power requires a bit of knowledge in algebra to effectively figure out, but there are calculators one can use to eliminate the costly middleman (that being poor math skills) and the type and base power were all dependant on the IVs traditionally. Usually it would mean the better the IVs the better the outcome, and nature also affects things too.

The specific base power of the attack often was dependant on the special defense IV and weither or not it was dividable by 4, usually the best results being IVs higher than 8. Though I have seen results that were extremely poor despite it, in part due to another IV's specific value. All the IVs work in concert to determine the base power while type from what I have seen combines the values of IV and nature. Since hidden power has a fixed base power now, a major complication was removed, so really the only thing that affects hidden power is with regards to the element due to the combo of IVs and nature.

In some tests on a gen 6 calculator I changed nature while leaving IVs and overall stats the same and the calculator reported that the stats and IVs were completely incorrect, so this might help on some level in figuring out what to go after.

Years
  • Seen Feb 9, 2017
Oh lol, maybe Maruno could fix that for the next version then. I don't really know how to script so it's up to my coder for that, I'll see if she knows how to fix that.

Update To OP:
Added screenshots.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Oh lol, maybe Maruno could fix that for the next version then. I don't really know how to script so it's up to my coder for that, I'll see if she knows how to fix that.

Update To OP:
Added screenshots.

Glad I was able to help explain that part as simply as I could then, its sure to help. Even if it ends up not being possible for this game any other game you might end up making in the future will benefit from that no doubt.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years

Update To OP:
Added screenshots.
What would I fix? Hidden Power works as intended in Essentials, which is how it works in Gens 3-5. Actually, it's generalised so that it will allow the Fairy type if it exists (and any other type that isn't Normal or Shadow), whereas Gen 6 just uses the same type calculation as in Gens 3-5 and therefore doesn't allow a Fairy-type Hidden Power.

Years
  • Seen Feb 9, 2017
What would I fix? Hidden Power works as intended in Essentials, which is how it works in Gens 3-5. Actually, it's generalised so that it will allow the Fairy type if it exists (and any other type that isn't Normal or Shadow), whereas Gen 6 just uses the same type calculation as in Gens 3-5 and therefore doesn't allow a Fairy-type Hidden Power.

I don't know how Hidden Power works overall, so I think Looneyman was just updating me, I was told it already works like Gen 3-Gen 5 as I already said in a previous post, but Looneyman said "some games have implimented the fixed base power", so I assumed it was broken. Apologies sir.

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
---- I did tell you it was fine as it is and that I wasn't going to change it... I haven't looked at how Hidden Power is supposed to work in Gen 6 and I probably never will, Looneyman has given some nice information about it, for sure, but I will leave it as it is, unless you change it yourself.

You did speak to me and we discussed about it, but I don't see the reason to change Hidden Power's base power when I think the power as it is works great.

However, I've just noticed the nice screenshots you have, that makes some of the features look pretty good, when you're coding them and staring at them for as long as coders do, you get irritated by them, I haven't seen them for a few days so the screenshots are a breathe of fresh air, nice job... I just play tested the game and I fixed a few errors in my scripts lol, so:

Surf
Dive
Fly
Rock Climb

All work as intended now.

Years
  • Seen Feb 9, 2017
That's good news Nickalooose, thanks.

Update To OP:
You can now check what EV's a Pokémon can give, via the PokéDex. Just press CTRL on any Pokemon and dexter will "tell" you.
Added screenshots.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
What I ment by a fixed base power was that like in X/Y some fangames, notably Pokemon Reborn, have Hidden Power with a fixed base of 60 regardless of the nature and IVs, I thought it wouldn't be hard to figure out what I ment so I apologize.

Years
  • Seen Feb 9, 2017
Oooh, I thought you meant it was broken but they managed to fix it lol. I don't think my scripter wants to change how Hidden Power works at the moment. But your information will definitely help if we decide to change it in future.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
This is an interesting concept and i like most of it the only things i dont like are rage its way op'd and if it is to have that much power it needs less accuracy. Also 3 magnetite for magneton? Idk it kinda makes sense based on how it looks but there is a reason for everything. Anyway good luck with this.

Years
  • Seen Feb 9, 2017
This is an interesting concept and i like most of it the only things i dont like are rage its way op'd and if it is to have that much power it needs less accuracy. Also 3 magnetite for magneton? Idk it kinda makes sense based on how it looks but there is a reason for everything. Anyway good luck with this.

I'm hearing what you're saying, personally, I think if a move like Explosion is 200 in power and is almost a waste of time attack with an accuracy of 100. The way Rage works for Charizard is almost the same concept, except it doesn't down himself. I will rectify the attacks power to become 150 and accuracy 100.

Update To OP:
Screenshots updated.
Charizard's Rage Rectified.

EDIT:
The point to Magnemite is that, Pokémon evolution is based mainly on level in the games, it's time it was changed and brought to the new age. Pokémon should have more variety or choice in the way they evolve other than just level, item or area etc. And I believe if a Magneton consists of 3 Magnemite looking limbs or sectors, then why can't it be 3 Magnemite fused or magnetized to make a Magneton?! Why can't Slowpoke evolve in to a Slowbro when a Shellder clamps to it's tail?! The question anyone should ask is; why is 3 Magnemite a requirement for a Magneton, a questionable motive, but to get a Machamp, Machoke needs to be traded?! I stand by any/all evolutions within this game that require special requirements. And there are a few lol. But yeah, to answer you query, I believe that Pokémon evolution should evolve too. (my scripter hasn't played XY, so if there are any newer evolutions in that game, she doesn't know of them, so out of consideration, please do not aim aggressive comments towards her because it would be unfair.)

Last edited:

Hey I'm Jay

Custom Pokemon YouTuber
Years
Is this game fun and interesting to play? I just recently made videos over Pokemon Obsidian but couldn't handle the crashing in Trainer Battles. So I'm looking for a game to do Let's Plays on! :)

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
On the matter of explosion and self-destruct when talking about Charizard's Rage a few posts back, those moves never made sense as physical attacks. I mean the only physical aspect of it would be debris created by it, the blast itself always implied itself to be a fiery sort of attack and thus a special attack in the original games up to the third gen. Even tody after the phys/special split Explosion and Self Destruct look like they'd be better as special attacks than physical ones. It would ultimately make Electrode a bit more viable in this case, since it doesn't make sense that it's signature abilities are moves that it can't use due to it's low attack.

Years
  • Seen Feb 9, 2017
looneyman1 said:
its ok, as I said there's always another game to try it out on.

On the matter of explosion and self-destruct when talking about Charizard's Rage a few posts back, those moves never made sense as physical attacks. I mean the only physical aspect of it would be debris created by it, the blast itself always implied itself to be a fiery sort of attack and thus a special attack in the original games up to the third gen. Even tody after the phys/special split Explosion and Self Destruct look like they'd be better as special attacks than physical ones. It would ultimately make Electrode a bit more viable in this case, since it doesn't make sense that it's signature abilities are moves that it can't use due to it's low attack.

I see what you're saying, I may take a look in the future anyway.

Yeah I agree with those points to be fair, because isn't physical attacks, attacks that make physical contact and can be effected by the abilities that paralyze and poison you upon touch, so wouldn't that be the same for Explosion and Selfdestruct... I don't ever use them, so never really come across that situation before, might be worth trying though lol.

Is this game fun and interesting to play? I just recently made videos over Pokemon Obsidian but couldn't handle the crashing in Trainer Battles. So I'm looking for a game to do Let's Plays on! :)

You know, I've never really considered anyone doing a "Let's Play" on this game. I can't tell you whether it's "fun" or "interesting", I suppose you'll have to take what you will from the screenshots, story, feature and everything else from the OP. This might sound like a stupid question but is a Let's Play like a walk through or a recording of you playing the game? Because if it's the former, wouldn't I have to tell you where to go and what to pick up? If it's the latter, the first point is moo lol.

May I ask, what crashes occurred in Pokémon Obsidian, just in-case my game has the same errors that I haven't found?

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
I see what you're saying, I may take a look in the future anyway.

Yeah I agree with those points to be fair, because isn't physical attacks, attacks that make physical contact and can be effected by the abilities that paralyze and poison you upon touch, so wouldn't that be the same for Explosion and Selfdestruct... I don't ever use them, so never really come across that situation before, might be worth trying though lol.

Well some of the moves that were made physical do make sense, I mean Bullet Seed by the name alone implies a physical attack. The seeds are bullets and both are physical objects after all. By similar token Egg Bomb, Barrage, and a number of other projectile attacks are physical in of themselves even if they don't do direct contact that would otherwise trigger abilities that activate upon contact. Explosion and Self Destruct never matched that description however.

Years
  • Seen Feb 9, 2017
Hello again, so I've been looking at the features for X and Y, they don't seem very advanced for the type of game that it is. So I looked up BW2 and BW features and nothing in any of those games have features that are... Pick-up-my-money-and-rush-out-to-get-the-games... Features.

Is there any feature that, any or every, one would like to see that hasn't been done before?

I like the features FL. has done, Mej has some great ones and I'm particularly fond of Nickalooose's features... But with the Evolution In Battle feature and the Sky Battles that this game has, gaming has become far beyond what some may hope... Are the features in XY and the other official games, more advanced than what this community is making?

We'd like to take this games' features 1 step further by adding something so yummy it makes your hairs stand up tall.

Years
  • Seen Feb 9, 2017
I've long to post here, but it's because I've been making the game and writing a walk through to help get through it with ease. So this is me dropping in to say the game is still being worked on and progress is still going strong.

The walk through will consist of;
Straight forward directions.
All trainers and Pokémon.
Gym leaders and Pokémon.
Items.
Hidden Items.
Wild Pokémon.
What marts sell.
Important NPC's.
How many buildings in a town/city/area.
Special meetings (eggs, rivals, professors etc.)
And tips and tricks.

It is quite in depth and yet to be finished... The game has much to play so far and is taking me a while lol.

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
So I've been working on some more stuff... Since I can't edit the OP, I'll post here.
Since Pokémon Yellow, Pikachu is/was the only Pokémon who had a special entrance to a battle, by sliding in from the left, to battle and sliding out to left, on recall... It was also a past question of mine before I learned to script, myself.

So here it is... Not very good pictures, since I can only screen shot, so you may have to use imagination a little.
nopokeball_zpszgnwxdia.png

The only Pokémon effected by this script are the starter Pokémon.

As a little teaser, I'm also working on a few systems that includes:
Equipment
Tokens
Special Chests
Battle Events
among much more

Back