• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

♠ The Art of RNG ♠ | RNG Guides [OLD]

Bring challenges back?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
Years
That is possible. Well, for the challenge I have 650 max advances and it's some kind of catch, that is very difficult to do. I hope I can find a spread, actually :s

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Found a spread. I accidentally had Ditto Parent checked. Whoops.

004.png
186f.gif
004.png

April / Politoed (f) lv. 29
Drizzle | Modest
Cedric | 26099
30/31/31/30/7/31 HP Grass 70 | 252SpAtt/252Spe/4SpDef
[ Surf, Ice Beam, Focus Blast, Hidden Power ]
-hatched at Undella Bay-

I know what you're thinking. Mac already did that, you copy cat! Well, we both had picked them out, and I really wanted a Drizzletoed anyway, so I wasn't about to change. But it works out, and you'll see why. Anyway, get it? April? Showers? April showers? Her name is April! Her ability is Drizzle! Huh? Huuuuh?! :) Someone's gotta water all those plants everyone's RNG'd. And let's not forget that with spring, love is in the air. April's a girl, Mac's Politoed is a boy, and frogs tend to lay eggs in the spring, because of the temperature and the rain. And whaddya know? These two both have Drizzle. Happy spring, love frogs xoxo <3

edit: Just finished a bp WOO.

004.png
004.gif
004.png

Viscera / Charmander (m) lv. 1
Blaze | Mild
Cedric | 26099
31/31/31/31/31/31
[ Dragon Dance, Outrage, Flamethrower, Brick Break ]
-hatched at Dragonspiral Tower-

Once again, they don't want a name, but the copy I'm keeping is getting a name. lol

Last edited:

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
313.gif
notshiny.png
#313 Volbeat ♂ Lv.10
008.png

OT: Dylan ♂ | ID: 35637
Modest - Prankster
IVs:31/31/31/31/31/31 70
17.png

Rain Dance - Sunny Day - Thunder - Tailwind

When I imagine the return of Spring, I think of the beautiful fireflies it brings with it, who join us to pervade to be in its fickle weather. Therefore, I captured a Volbeat and taught it 4 different weather moves.

johnny18

Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die
Years
313.gif
notshiny.png
#313 Volbeat ♂ Lv.10
008.png

OT: Dylan ♂ | ID: 35637
Modest - Prankster
IVs:31/31/31/31/31/31 70
17.png

Rain Dance - Sunny Day - Thunder - Tailwind

When I imagine the return of Spring, I think of the beautiful fireflies it brings with it, who join us to pervade to be in its fickle weather. Therefore, I captured a Volbeat and taught it 4 different weather moves.
I always thought fireflies are for summer?????

TheGr8

lovely pair<3
Years
hey guys, i finally finished my entry for the may flowers contest :D It took me a while because I needed to RNG capture as well :P so here it is:

004.png
421.gif
|
421-sunshine.gif
004.png

Sunshine/Cherrim
female.png
shiny.png
lvl 25.
Timid | Flower Gift
OT: Tom | ID: 08716
IVs: 31|30|30|31|30|30
HP Rock 70
Petal Dance |
Hidden Power | Leech Seed | Substitute

April Showers Always Bring May Flowers! When I am thinking about spring and May in particular, I think of the sunlight andwonderful flowers, that blossom especially for Mother's day. A pokemon that reminds me that spring and those beautiful flowers is Cherrim and of course because it is the blossom pokemon (: It's two forms are similar to us humans and our reactions to weather. Overcast form, which is it's normal form is when it's gloomy outside, and just hidden away in it's petals like us hiding inside on a bad rainy day but it's second form which is sunshine form, shows happiness and joy that it is sunny out and spring is finally here with the blossoming of Cherrim into it's Sunshine form, which for actual people we are excited about the sun, flowers and being able to go outside just like Cherrim is to the sun. Cherrim's smile reminds me of little kids outside playing in the sun, and finally feeling happy that the sun has come out. The nickname is for the Sunshine, and the joy that Cherrim get's for the sun coming out and being able to blossom into a beautiful flower. Another reason I chose Cherrim was I think of Mother's Day, and I would think Cherrim under the sun would be a really great gift for a mom, I wonder why Dawn never gave her mom a Cherrim! :P

I was really excited to do this one! I actually saw a Cherrim doubles team in a match before VGC with a few of my friends, and I was like oh my god Cherrim so cute! I also really liked Sun form Cherrim back in 4th Gen, I thought it was adorable! :) and good luck to everyone else who entered!

Last edited:

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
That Cherrim will win now, I can tell...

So a view of BW2's Global Link has been revealed. Hopefully then I'll be able to finally get my Shadow Tag Litwick and Regenerator Foongus.

Also Syd Vaporeon's Japanese name is Showers.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Also Syd Vaporeon's Japanese name is Showers.

Because of that, it was my second choice if I wasn't able to get Politoed haha.

some bp yeah

004.png
559.png
004.png

Rooster / Scraggy (m) lv. 1
Moxie | Jolly
Cedric | 26099
31/31/31/31/31/31
[ Ice Punch, Dragon Dance, Drain Punch, Low Kick ]
-hatched at Dragonspiral Tower-

They wanted it named Hardcore, my copy is Rooster. 8)

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
You're lucky then. I don't get them a lot here. :( We used to get them in June and July, but not anymore it seems.

Jolteon*

Super Boss Trainer
Years
I was told to post new RNGs here from now on...not the Daily Chit-Chat.
FIRST wild capture and its a FREAKING beast
Bag_Dive_Ball_Sprite.png
207.png
Gligar
ShinyBWStar.png

Adamant | 31 / 31 / 31 / X / 31 / 31
Slash, Swords Dance, U-turn, X-Scissor | Sand Veil
Brobee | 59398 (White Version)

johnny18

Years
I finish my Diglett guys (credits to Sydian for the format)
004.png
50.png
004.png

Diglett (Female) lv. 1
Arena Trap | Jolly
SATOSHI | 36766
31/31/31/31/31/31
[Scratch,Sand-Attack, Reversal, Pursuit ]
-hatched at Skyarrow Bridge-

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I was told to post new RNGs here from now on...not the Daily Chit-Chat.
FIRST wild capture and its a FREAKING beast
Bag_Dive_Ball_Sprite.png
207.png
Gligar
ShinyBWStar.png

Adamant | 31 / 31 / 31 / X / 31 / 31
Slash, Swords Dance, U-turn, X-Scissor | Sand Veil
Brobee | 59398 (White Version)

Nice abuse and welcome, Jolteon! If you're interested, you should participate in our challenges. Our current one ends in a little under 14 hours, so you have plenty of time to get an abuse in if you wish.

I finish my Diglett guys (credits to Sydian for the format)
004.png
50.png
004.png

Diglett (Female) lv. 1
Arena Trap | Jolly
SATOSHI | 36766
31/31/31/31/31/31
[Scratch,Sand-Attack, Reversal, Pursuit ]
-hatched at Skyarrow Bridge-

Nice work, Johnny. I'm glad you've found some time to abuse again -- we've missed you.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I love the Gligar and I love the Diglett. :) I'm a sucker for blue of course. And I love anyone that uses my format.

AND NOW I PRESENT AMAZING

diveball.png
548.gif
premierball.png

チュリネ (Petilil)
female.png
shiny.png
lv. 21
Chlorophyll | Timid
Syddy | 42250
30/31/30/30/31/30 HP Fire 70
[ Mega Drain, Synthesis, Sleep Powder, Magical Leaf ]

First Japanese abuse, excluding my Rayquaza event. I think I searched for a seed for about two days? So the IVs aren't like...Petilil-ish, but I wanted HP Fire and the only other seed I found was HP Rock, and on frame...655. So yeah, lol. I have one in a Dive and one in Premier, if you couldn't tell. ;) I LOVE THEM.

Last edited:

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I love the Gligar and I love the Diglett. :) I'm a sucker for blue of course. And I love anyone that uses my format.

AND NOW I PRESENT AMAZING

diveball.png
548.gif
premierball.png

チュリネ (Petilil)
female.png
shiny.png
lv. 21
Chlorophyll | Timid
Syddy | 42250
30/31/30/30/31/30 HP Fire 70
[ Mega Drain, Synthesis, Sleep Powder, Magical Leaf ]

First Japanese abuse, excluding my Rayquaza event. I think I searched for a seed for about two days? So the IVs aren't like...Petilil-ish, but I wanted HP Fire and the only other seed I found was HP Rock, and on frame...655. So yeah, lol. I have one in a Dive and one in Premier, if you couldn't tell. ;) I LOVE THEM.

OMG SYD! Check my thread for the dive ball Petilil omg <333 It's amazing :D I especially like the HP Fire, it'll let it shine in the sun! BOOM!

Last edited:

TWV

Years
How do you RNG a dw ability? And could someone please explain A little more precisely what to do after step 6 in catching a flawless shiny Pokemon? I know that if the Pokemon doesn't have to be shiny, it'll be much easier to RNG abuse, but what do I do if that's the case?

Last edited:

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
Years
Ok, I was looking for a seed for Shiny Thundurus, but I've searched more than 25 years and got nothing, unfortunately.
What caught my eye was "April Showers" in the challenge and seeing Thundurus' Storm would match perfectly, but I had to bite it from another side and I did.

ガーデナー (nicknamed: Gardener), male, lvl 16, shiny
515.gif
pokese6.png

Ability: Gluttony | Nature: Modest | OT: ゴンゾ | ID: 1 | Dreamyard gift, leveled with Rare Candies
IVs: 31/22/31/30/31/31 HP Grass 70
Moves: Water Sport | Rain Dance | Hidden Power | Dig

Eveybody focused on May Flowers, while if my Panpour didn't sport water, your Cherrim couldn't grow nor your Rotom could cut the grass. It's the one who took care of all those Poke-flowers! And yes, he's flower patch is the most beautiful in Dreamyard ;)

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Cute monkey, Gonzo. Where's his Drizzle ability tho lolol :3

OMG SYD! Check my thread for the dive ball Petilil omg <333 It's amazing I especially like the HP Fire, it'll let it shine in the sun! BOOM!

You want me to check our thread? XD You really want the Petilil?

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Cute monkey, Gonzo. Where's his Drizzle ability tho lolol :3

You want me to check our thread? XD You really want the Petilil?

Of course I do! And Gonzo, excellent abuse on a crappy Pokemon xD I hate those damn monkeys.

TheGr8

lovely pair<3
Years
I have just completed my first shiny capture ever, sure I did regular ones before but this one was very challenging and I loved doing it. Especially on one of my favorite 3rd gen pokemon :D

rsitem007.png
335.gif
rsitem007.png

Zangoose
female.png
shiny.png
lvl 48
OT: Tom | 08716
Jolly | Immunity
IVs: 31/31/31/16/31/31
False Swipe | X-Scissor | Taunt | Detect
Captured at Village Bridge

johnny18

Years
To me, Spring mean Tet, a holiday season in my country where people will dress up to celebrate for a new year so here's to all the ladies and little girls, take out your ribbons for Spring
004.png
574.png
574.png
004.png

Gothita (fm) lv. 1
Frisk | Bold--Calm
SATOSHI | 36766
31/x/31/31/31/31
[ Pound, Dark Pulse, Hidden Power ]
-hatched in Black City-
004.png
574.png