• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Pokestar!

Years
  • Seen Feb 17, 2015
I'm addicted to trying to do all of the movies for the lemonades and berry juice. I find it unfair though, that you don't get a single yen for doing the movie. What do you make of Pokestar?

#isthenumbersign
Years
I thought it was a pretty cool addition. Usually I don't stop during the main game to like do other stuff/attractions, but this time I did. x) and I was surprised your character actually talks for once!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
I usually take about a few hours at a time playing with the movies. It takes forever to film and then watch them, but the stories are cute and such, so I'll sit through it. <3
Plus I like seeing how much my movies make when they are released. <33

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
Am I the only one who never really liked the random gimmicky additions like contests and movies that they added...? I thought that ti's kind of annoying ><;;;

LassLaura

Pikachu Ga Gotoku
Years
Yeah, I got sorta miffed when I made the studio 198 billion pokebucks and all it got me was 5 Lemonades and some Berry Juice. But now I have almost 2 million from Amulet Coining nearly every battle and saving all my Nuggets and things to sell to the ore guy in Icirrus so meh. Money is a total non-issue in this generation when strangers just hand out healing items and pokeballs all willy-nilly.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 11, 2024
It would have been super cool if you could have made money from the films, but besides that, I absolutely adore them. They are far more engaging than the typical "contest," and watching the final movie and audience responses is very rewarding! I hope Game Freak continues to move in this direction when it comes to extra features.

Years
I have to admit Pokestar Studios was a nice feature, haven't done it yet (cos I haven't played the games yet, only watched YouTube footage) but I like the outfits the protagonists wear and they actually have dialogue for once.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I think it's pretty cool! I played a bunch before I got bored :3 However sometimes certain films Invaders 4 can be really frustrating because you have to take hits for no reason really, and most of the time I would get haxed. D:

They're a really cool addition, though! Glad they decide to include something else other than Musicals, because they were bad imo.

Bubbles987

Ace Trainer
Years
I find it unfair though, that you don't get a single yen for doing the movie.

Hahaha I know right!? You make, literally, BILLIONS and they give you nothing.

I think it's pretty fun and it's a good way to get healing items if you're short on cash. (BTW, you can sell Castelia Cones to someone in Nimbasa City and you can make, like, 2000 yen a day.) It also gives a more real-life aspect to the games.

Years
  • Seen Feb 17, 2015
Hahaha I know right!? You make, literally, BILLIONS and they give you nothing.

I think it's pretty fun and it's a good way to get healing items if you're short on cash. (BTW, you can sell Castelia Cones to someone in Nimbasa City and you can make, like, 2000 yen a day.) It also gives a more real-life aspect to the games.

They should give you one yen for every billion AT LEAST!!!

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2016
I think Pokéwood is a nice side game. I wonder why English seems to be the only language where it is nt called 'pokéwood' btw. if you look on bulbapedia all langauges(apart from chinese) have called it pokéwood.
In anyc ase I have got plenty of movies made, some are actually quite tricky to figure out. like the one where it says you can only use frighten to beat it which is what I did and it still had a bad ending. hmmm. stupid. but I like weird endings. My electabuzz is a star from a a movie with weird ending :D. and it got 990 mio pokedollars that movie :D.
I wonder how many movies you have to make though before you are let through by the guard on the top floor.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I really enjoyed Pokestar. I usually do enjoy the side quests like the contests and pokeathlon.

The only one I can't really stand is the Musical. It's so pointless.

Zayphora

Don't mess with the lights...
Years
I love Pokestar! I really enjoy the cutscenes especially. I felt so guilty when I accidentally ruined the princess franchise so I did it over. :P soooomuchmorefunthanmusicals!!!!! Also, the art is awesome. Rosa is a really epic looking scientist.

Years
  • Seen Sep 26, 2016
it's so annoying when they make you do it the first time omg. if I get items out if it i guess i'll do it

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I love it...it's the best side activity in the franchise thus far imo (even beating contests and Poketholon). I hate it that we can't use our real pokemon the first time we try out a new movie but I guess it'll be too easy in some cases :P

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 27, 2023
I love ruining the scripts and getting the flashy effect for battles

other then that it's just another side quest I'll never finish

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
PokeStar is certainly the most interactive of the "contests". And the Box Office Gross was my FAVORITE part of the thing. Billions of yen is not as much as it soulds, but the huge numbers for such a low-budget greenscrene film is hillarious. And "with the lastest visual FX it only takes seconds to produce a whole movie"

FUN!

Back