• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen July Coro-Coro: 5 New Pokemon + Xerneas & Yveltal typings + Oorotto

blue

gucci
Years
sounds interesting the idea of a dark type gym leader, since they left that type only for those at the elite 4 since II Gen (Karen gen II, Sidney gen III, Grimsley genV).

Another third electric type gym again: (gym #3 Lt. surge, Wattson) in gen IV changed to be #8 (Volkner) and in Gen V #4 (Elesa); i think electric type deserve to be at least once in the elite 4.

Agreed, and it can do a switcheroo with Dark type so that instead of a Dark type E4 member we can have a Dark type Gym Leader ;).

In terms of placement I think Grant will be the 6th Gym Leader and Clemont being the 2nd Gym Leader.

orotto.jpg

Last edited:

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
Years
Agreed, and it can do a switcheroo with Dark type so that instead of a Dark type E4 member we can have a Dark type Gym Leader ;).

In terms of placement I think Grant will be the 6th Gym Leader and Clemont being the 2nd Gym Leader.

orotto.jpg

Now i am sure that that thing is gonna be a ghost/grass or a ghost/rock seeing as its hands and its body is held by that darkness in there

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I really like the design in color. They said they went three times and drew it from what they saw. They are still only 90% though. I really like it though. Look at it, looks like it is going to be Grass/Ghost, but as they have done in the past, they can throw a huge curve ball and make the types something we didn't even think about.

Last edited:

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 6, 2024
This just came to my mind: maybe there are going to be different types of oorotto, like the different types of wormadam.

Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2013
That picture of Oorotto/Orotto/Aurotto looks a lot better, awfully reminiscent of dusclops now with that Cyclops eye -- in that fan art, it's even red like duskull's floating singular eye. Very interesting. I'm seeing grass/ghost, grass/dark still. But I agree with you guys, they are quite good at throwing curveballs and making something look like a completely different type such as Inkay and Malamar. Perhaps regarding this pokemon, I'm wondering if it's background/theme is that it's a spirit that took over a deceased/dieing tree. It's not nearly as leafy as it should be considering it's based off of a tree somewhat obviously, and in this art the branches/thorns on top of it's head are dark perhaps resembling rot. Also, with the bark that's missing, you can kind of picture a silhouette of a dark body beneath the bark that's still there. Very, very interesting, however. Can't wait for the full reveal of this guy.

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2014
Do you guys think Oorotto could possibly be an evolution for Sudowoodo?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I dont think that a tree would be an ideal evil looking fairy.
I am expecting something humanoid like gardevoir with only one black wing.

Minus Spritzee, none of the Fairies shown have wings at all so I don't see how humanoid with black wings play any part. Fairies don't have to be humanoid either as shown by Sylveon, Swirlix, Spritzee, Jigglypuff, Marill, and Xerneas. Even Flabebe isn't that humanoid leaving only Gardevoir as the only humanoid Fairy type.

I can see an evil tree being a fairy, to me that fits more than the stupid Tinkerbell crap we've been getting so far. A good number older fairies they were just monsters, not humanoids. Treants can also fall under the classification of Fairies and a Treant can be evil just as it can be good.

A lot of people have said this. Personally, do not want. Sudowoodo is fine as is, leave him alone. Let's get a Grass/Fairy Evil treant~

Oshamaru

Legs go, Megaman!
Years
Hopefully it's the first Grass/Ghost type. I would catch one if I didn't consider Chespin to be my starter. Maybe it's going to be fully revealed in the next issue of CoroCoro?

Nah, looks way too different.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Nah, looks way too different.

Well to be fair, Oorotto and Sudowoodo look way closer than Clamperl to Huntail and Gorebyss or Remoraid and Octillery. I mean they completely change species. Most bug types go through some fairly drastic changes when they evolve. Dragonair goes from Serpent to Barney when it evolves. Joltik changes from a tick/flea into a Tarantula. Magikarp and Feebass have some pretty drastic changes too.

Having drastic body changes definitely isn't unheard of. And at the same time we had Gen 5 introduce a case of extremely similar looking Pokemon not being able to evolve into one another. So its possible...just not highly wanted.

Oshamaru

Legs go, Megaman!
Years
Good points. But yeah, I probably said that because I don't want it to evolve. I think Sudowoodo is okay without an evolution, it's not extremely weak.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Minus Spritzee, none of the Fairies shown have wings at all so I don't see how humanoid with black wings play any part. Fairies don't have to be humanoid either as shown by Sylveon, Swirlix, Spritzee, Jigglypuff, Marill, and Xerneas. Even Flabebe isn't that humanoid leaving only Gardevoir as the only humanoid Fairy type.

I can see an evil tree being a fairy, to me that fits more than the stupid Tinkerbell crap we've been getting so far. A good number older fairies they were just monsters, not humanoids. Treants can also fall under the classification of Fairies and a Treant can be evil just as it can be good.

A lot of people have said this. Personally, do not want. Sudowoodo is fine as is, leave him alone. Let's get a Grass/Fairy Evil tree~

None of the fairies bring Tinkerbell or any of the Disney fairies to mind. Though they are several that are very cutesy.

Also while some fairies were kind some were said to have deceiving appearances, which could be where some of these cute Pokémon could be going. Sort of like the mean Togepi in the anime...

Anyways I do believe that Grass/Fairy tree would be a good take on more evil looking traditional fairies. Ghost/Fairy could work too as it could be like Sudowoodo, only taking the appearance of one...

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 6, 2024
first: i don't think sudowoodo need an evolution, unless they want it to improve it's special defence.
second: i agree with the theory of the possible evil tree being fairy, also ghost fairy would probably be an interesting type to see during gameplay, i only hope that combination give a resistance making dark and ghost attack do normal damage and not make a x4 weakness.

PixelWarrior

Conqueror of Castles
Years
Yveltal's typing is not nearly as surprising as Xerneas, but to me both of them are pretty interesting. I think once fairy was released, it could have been inferred that Xerneas would be Fairy type, but no one would have guessed it to be pure. On the other hand, Yveltal looks the part of Dark/Flying, and its move Death Wing sounds pretty cool.

I'm glad that some variety was thrown into the Pancham line with its dual-dark typing and intense character creation. Koronda looks pretty menacing. I still won't be using him haha, but it's nice to see it won't be a boring Fighting type. Also interesting to see what the new way of evolution will be.

The squid typing is amazing, tbh. At first glance, everyone must've thought water, but their true typing is a shock and really intriguing as well. I can see Malamar becoming a powerhouse in competitive battle if its stats are to par with its odd type. On top of all the perks of the line, Maika is so darn cute!

Honestly, as long as Spritzee has a somewhat-good evolution, it's going on my team. I don't know why I like it so much, but along with Skrelp (who is also a Y-exclusive, lucky me), it's one of my favorite new fakemon. Can't wait to see its evolution details. As for the puffy pokemon, it looks cute but doesn't compare to the surperior fairy, imo haha.

The gym leaders both look wonderful! I'm guessing that the robotic-like man will be steel, and the nature-loving man to be rock type. No matter what specialty they turn out to be, I really enjoy their designs.

The professor is fine. I would've liked it to be another female professor, but for a male one, he is acceptable. I like the young, smart and motivated concept he has, and hopefully he'll have a similar aurora to his personality. I like him!

Team Flair/Flare is going to be odd; I really liked where they were going with the more universal evil team concepts, as they had began to move away from the elemental-based ones such as Magma and Aqua, which were too one-dimensonal in my opinion, but hopefully Team Flare proves me wrong.

TreeKangaroo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Years
Why are you saying that the squids(too lazy to type their names) will get owned by bug types? Sure, they're x4 weak to them, but we don't know their stats yet. So maybe they'll be awesome walls.

Has anybody seen that horse silhouette(spelling?) thing yet? It's on bulbapedia.

Years
I'm pretty sure it's ability reverses all stat changes to itself while it's move (Topsy-Turvy?) affects the opponent.

Why are you saying that the squids(too lazy to type their names) will get owned by bug types? Sure, they're x4 weak to them, but we don't know their stats yet. So maybe they'll be awesome walls.

Has anybody seen that horse silhouette(spelling?) thing yet? It's on bulbapedia.

I feel like everyone is going to nickname their Malamar "Ursula". And doesn't that silhouette look like a pony with an over-sized head? Still, we haven't been told if it's a Pokemon or a new franchise, only that "the well known game, played all around the world, is about to be reborn thanks to a surprising collaboration".

Back