• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

✯Once a Legend, Always a Legend✯ (Legendary Club)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mentalii

Back
Years
How do you feel about the new forms of Thundurus/Tornadus/Landorus/Keldeo & the fusion of both Black/White Kyurem?

They're... Worse than I thought they could be. My opinion on them is really bad. The fusion are just awful, I mean, what are those things? They look more like Fakemon than real Pokémon. And I've seen fan-made fusion that were wayyyy better. I'm very disappointed by them, moreover since they are the mascots ! I can understand why some "non-player" or at least former player opinions are so cruel about Pokémonthese days, when you see
Pokémon like that as emblem of the newest generation.
Then, Keldeo's new form is meh, but I won't criticize it since it's the best form out of all of them to me.
Thundurus, Tornadus, and Landorus... Ha ha ha. Developers must be kidding us, aren't they?
Uh... Legendaries are becoming worse and worse, I miss the badasness of the former ones so much.

Years
Name: Katie the Friendly Ghost
2 Partner Pokemon: Meloetta(Normal), Moltres
How do you feel about the new forms of Thundurus/Tornadus/Landorus/Keldeo & the fusion of both Black/White Kyurem?
I personally think they look cool. With the Genie trio, or whatever they're called, I always thought they looked boring and the same, so having new forms is pretty cool. And the fusion with Kyruem is kinda silly, but I think they look pretty awesome.

Years
As far as Tornadus, etc goes, I like the new forms, they look cool, and I love that they have regenerate as a ability now, cuz I really, really, really like regenerate, I mean it heals your pokemon for a bunch when you switch em out seems like a good deal to me.

And as far as B/W Kyurem goes, they look Utterly Ugly!

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years

To be honest, I only really like Landorus. While they all were pretty ugly before, the new forms of Thundurus and Tornadus took it to another level and made them completely ridiculous. Just the bird like forms and wings looks really out of place, and it just makes them look even more hideous, and I'm just repeating myself with this. So yeah, only Landorus looks cool to me, though he's also the one that differs.

As for Kyurem fusions, it's kinda mixed. They've pretty much fused Kyurem's ugliness and fused it together with Reshiram and Zekrom's awesomeness, and made both parts a little less of each, ie Kyurem looks less ugly, but Reshiram and Zekrom looks less awesome, so yeah. Good on Kyurem's part, bad on Reshiram/Zekrom's part. As for the concept, I'm really loving it. The stories of the games keeps on getting better and better.

Years
I would love to join!

Name: PokemonGamingForever. Just call me PGF.

2 Partner Pokemon: Astro the (Normal Form) Deoxys and Techno the Genesect.

How do you feel about the new forms of Thundurus/Tornadus/Landorus/Keldeo & the fusion of both Black/White Kyurem? Well I love the new form for Thundurus/Tornadus/Landorus/Keldeo and love the concept that they had for Black/White Kyurem but they look disgraceful. But White Kyurem looks the best of the two.

Last edited:
Years
As for Kyurem fusions, it's kinda mixed. They've pretty much fused Kyurem's ugliness and fused it together with Reshiram and Zekrom's awesomeness, and made both parts a little less of each, ie Kyurem looks less ugly, but Reshiram and Zekrom looks less awesome, so yeah. Good on Kyurem's part, bad on Reshiram/Zekrom's part. As for the concept, I'm really loving it. The stories of the games keeps on getting better and better.
Yes the awesome story line behind them makes up for the horrible design. I would talk more about their story but I don't want to spoil anything! ;-)
I would love to join!

2 Partner Pokemon: Astro the Deoxys and Techno the Genesect.

How do you feel about the new forms of Thundurus/Tornadus/Landorus/Keldeo & the fusion of both Black/White Kyurem? Well I love the new form for Thundurus/Tornadus/Landorus/Keldeo and love the concept that they had for Black/White Kyurem but they look disgraceful. But White Kyurem looks the best of the two.
Welcome to the club PGF, hope to see you around, and yes White Kyurem does look better because black one has weird arms O_O

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
As far as Tornadus, etc goes, I like the new forms, they look cool, and I love that they have regenerate as a ability now, cuz I really, really, really like regenerate, I mean it heals your pokemon for a bunch when you switch em out seems like a good deal to me.

They're... Worse than I thought they could be. My opinion on them is really bad. The fusion are just awful, I mean, what are those things? They look more like Fakemon than real Pokémon. And I've seen fan-made fusion that were wayyyy better. I'm very disappointed by them, moreover since they are the mascots ! I can understand why some "non-player" or at least former player opinions are so cruel about Pokémonthese days, when you see
Pokémon like that as emblem of the newest generation.
Then, Keldeo's new form is meh, but I won't criticize it since it's the best form out of all of them to me.
Thundurus, Tornadus, and Landorus... Ha ha ha. Developers must be kidding us, aren't they?
Uh... Legendaries are becoming worse and worse, I miss the badasness of the former ones so much.
I'm alright with the Kyurem fusion, though its a whole new change to Pokemon. Fusion wasn't anything Pokemon-related until these Dragons came along, and now it is. But while I support this fusion option, I have to hate on the typing choices. I think it'd be so much better if it were Fire/Ice type or Electric/Ice type or just kept it as Fire/Electric & Dragon types. That's my biggest pet peeve of all this.

Though the Keldeo form is unique, I wish they could change the other Swordsmen Trio's form too, but at the same time I don't want it to ruin their design as it already is. I'd like to see Sacred Sword do more than it already does to be honest. I mean..it's 'Sacred!'

I was never that fond of the Kami Trio. Though I hate Tornadus' new form. I don't like its look..looks...uglier. The other are I actually do like.
Name: Katie the Friendly Ghost
2 Partner Pokemon: Meloetta(Normal), Moltres
I personally think they look cool. With the Genie trio, or whatever they're called, I always thought they looked boring and the same, so having new forms is pretty cool. And the fusion with Kyruem is kinda silly, but I think they look pretty awesome.
Never heard of them being called the Genie trio haha. Its actually the "Kami" Trio, but Cloud Trio works too! Oh & welcome Katie!!

Good on Kyurem's part, bad on Reshiram/Zekrom's part. As for the concept, I'm really loving it. The stories of the games keeps on getting better and better.
Very well explained, very, very well explained about this. This should be the title of this discussion!
I would love to join!

2 Partner Pokemon: Astro the Deoxys and Techno the Genesect.
I'll send a VM asking as well, but do you want a specific form of Deoxys, otherwise you're just getting a normal version? Aside from that, welcome!

Years
I actually just heard someone call them the Genie trio the other day. I can't remember if they were actually referring to these three though. I would assume so since they do look like genies haha.

Years
  • Seen Aug 5, 2012
name:lucario_is_awesome
2 partner pokemon: shiny arceus and giratina
What's your favorite Legendary Pokemon & why?
arceus has the overall best stats of any pokemon and his shiny design is awesome, however, I have to admit that my favourite legendary is going to have to be giratina because: awesome design, awesome moves, modest offensive stats, a brick wall because of his very HP and defensive stats, and who could forget the awesome type A GHOST/DRAGON type!!!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
BEHOLD. I AM RETURNING TO CLUBBING AND THIS IS THE FIRST CLUB I JOIN. :)

Name: Meganium90. yep.
2 Partner Pokemon: Articuno and Meloetta

Kinda mixed @ the new forms of the Kami Trio. The new forms aren't even necessary and I just think they should just stay the way they were before. The form I hate the most is Tornadus. The name has a tornado and yet the next form has wings. ...:|

I like the Black fusion of Kyruem, though. When I get the game I'll be totally catching it. :P

Olli

Years
I actually just heard someone call them the Genie trio the other day. I can't remember if they were actually referring to these three though. I would assume so since they do look like genies haha.
Yeah, they do have a resemblance to genies, though I think they're actually based on gods. I'm not entirely sure, but I think Kami means God in Japanese, and one thing to back it up with actually comes from the Zelda games. In Wind Waker there were the wind gods, which were frog-like creatures, floating around on clouds, much like the Kami trio is, however since Tornadus is the "Kami of Wind", only he would have any relation to them. But yeah, just my thoughts. I don't know if there's anything official on it, but I just thought it was a fun relation.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
They are based on kami in Japanese mythology: Fujin, kami of wind, Raijin, the kami of thunder & Inari, the kami of fertility. They may also be thought of as representing the different domains of world: Landorus represents the land, Tornadus the heavens and Thundurus a transitional state between the two, as Lightning. That's the source I got from Bulbapedia anyway.
name:lucario_is_awesome
2 partner pokemon: shiny arceus and giratina
What's your favorite Legendary Pokemon & why?
arceus has the overall best stats of any pokemon and his shiny design is awesome, however, I have to admit that my favourite legendary is going to have to be giratina because: awesome design, awesome moves, modest offensive stats, a brick wall because of his very HP and defensive stats, and who could forget the awesome type A GHOST/DRAGON type!!!
Welcome Lucario_is_awesome! So I take it you are a huge fan of the Generation IV Legendary Pokemon? Do you believe Lucario should hold a semi-legendary status for having his own movie, whereas Zoroark also?
BEHOLD. I AM RETURNING TO CLUBBING AND THIS IS THE FIRST CLUB I JOIN. :)

Name: Meganium90. yep.
2 Partner Pokemon: Articuno and Meloetta

Kinda mixed @ the new forms of the Kami Trio. The new forms aren't even necessary and I just think they should just stay the way they were before. The form I hate the most is Tornadus. The name has a tornado and yet the next form has wings. ...:|

I like the Black fusion of Kyruem, though. When I get the game I'll be totally catching it. :P
Meloetta is no surprise, but Articuno?? Why do you choose Articuno? I've always thought of you being a Mesprit lover. I could be wrong. LOL

NEW TOPIC!:
Which form of Deoxys do you like most & why?

Mentalii

Back
Years

Deoxys forms are creepy, but I like them anyway. My favourite one would be the normal form though. Maybe she isn't the more badass, or the most interesting for strategy but I like the basic form better. Actually there's no special reason to that I guess it's just because I prefer this one's design.

Years
  • Seen Aug 5, 2012
I agree with mentalii (not the deoxys being creepy part though, LOL.)The normal deoxys has already got great speed sp.attack and attack. I doubt it would need more of those stats because it would already be able to OHKO (one-hit knock-out.)Plus it doesn't have terrible defense, HP and sp.defense like the attack form deoxys.

Olli

Years

I've never really been a fan of Deoxys, however if I had to choose one, I'd probably say the Speed form. I just seem to like the design a lot better than most of the other forms, as it just seems cooler than the others, though Attack form comes pretty close too, since they're both pretty similar. I can't say much for in-battle though, as I've never used a Deoxys, so I have no ideas what its base stats are in any of the forms. I can say for sure that I don't like its Defense form though, and that I find it pretty hideous to say the least, so no chance that it'd ever be my favourite :p

Ghost Emperor

Pokemon Emperor
Years
  • Seen Oct 19, 2012
Name: Ghost Emperor
2 pokemon Partners: Kyurem white and Suicune

I like most of deoxy's form's is its defense form it looks like a solid wall and i like pokemon with high defenses so it can't easily be knocked out .. because I am more of a defensive type trainer then an attacking type...... =)

Last edited:
Years
I'm signing up, haven't signed up to a club in a while.

Name: Hikari10
2 Partner Pokemon: Yin the Zekrom, Yang the Reshiram

I think the new forms look awesome, especially Black and White Kyurem. Resolute Keldeo also looks pretty nice. I didn't like the new Tornadus, Thundurus and Landorus forms though, they look weird and unnecessary.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Name: Ghost Emperor
2 pokemon Partners: Kyurem white and Suicune

I like most of deoxy's form's is its defense form it looks like a solid wall and i like pokemon with high defenses so it can't easily be knocked out .. because I am more of a defensive type trainer then an attacking type...... =)
Welcome to the club! I've always loved the Speed Deoxys the most, practically because I'm all about Speed. Speed=My thing. (Being a lover for racing, of course). I also love the design best overall compare to the others. I'd have to go with Normal, than Attack and my least favorite as Defensive form.

I'm signing up, haven't signed up to a club in a while.

Name: Hikari10
2 Partner Pokemon: Yin the Zekrom, Yang the Reshiram

I think the new forms look awesome, especially Black and White Kyurem. Resolute Keldeo also looks pretty nice. I didn't like the new Tornadus, Thundurus and Landorus forms though, they look weird and unnecessary.
I'd have to agree with the Kami forms being unnecessary, but they do add a unique twist in their own way. & Welcome to the club! I like how you nicknamed your Partner Pokemon, very classic xD

Let's move onto another topic shall we?
List the following Cute Legendary Pokemon in order of cuteness and explain which is the strongest. Mew vs Celebi vs Jirachi vs Manaphy vs Shaymin vs Victini

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Meloetta is no surprise, but Articuno?? Why do you choose Articuno? I've always thought of you being a Mesprit lover. I could be wrong. LOL

what is a Mesprit?

Well Meloetta has just become a favorite legendary of mine from the 5th generation. I've yet to watch the episodes where this Pokemon is featured, and it just looks super adorable. Plus...Piroulette (sp?) forme makes it look soooo badass. xD Aria = calm, Piroulette = fighter.

Articuno has been my favorite legendary since being one of the main legendary Pokemon on Pokemon The Movie 2000. To this day, I still adore the Pokemon, always used it as a sixth Pokemon in Red/LeafGreen, and it's also my top favorite Ice-Type.

Years
Name: The Shiny Umbreon in the Corner or TSUITC
2 Partner Pokemon: Chaos The Groudon and Dakota the Shiny Shaymin
Answer A Topic: can I answer number 1? Groudon One day a LONG time ago i was in school it was the end of they day and me and my best friend were talking about pokemon through notes the only thing I was thinking wainting for him to reply was to hurry up and beat my emreald just so I could get a Groudon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back