• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Combined Pokemon Solo Challenge Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

waveguidebuizel

weirdguybuizel
Years
Well I haven't been here in awhile. Let's kick things off with a solo I'm somewhat familiar with.

Username: waveguidebuizel
Partner Pokemon: Treecko
Challenge: Ultimate
Game(s): FR, HG, AS, Pt, W2, Y

I actually don't have AS or Y available at the moment, but I can start on the others. And is it alright if I also start another Ultimate solo run while this one's still going on?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 5, 2016
Update time! I just defeated the last gym and am headed for the Elite Four and Champion.

Quick summary of the gyms:

01. Bug Badge-- not much to note; pretty much a breeze. I always shudder at Infestation, but it didn't last long enough to do a whole lot of damage.
02. Cliff Badge-- again, not much to note; easy sweep with Ice Fang.
03. Rumble Badge-- this one was sort of annoying, in the sense that I didn't really have any moves that were super effective. At this point Frightful was pretty overleveled, though, so got through it without any trouble.
04. Plant Badge-- Fire Fang.
05. Voltage Badge-- same as the Rumble Badge. No type advantage, no move advantage on either side.
06. Fairy Badge-- see Voltage Badge. Still got through in a clean go.
07. Psychic Badge-- Crunch was a real winner here.
08. Iceberg Badge-- This one actually took a couple tries due to some unlucky crits with Avalanche. Otherwise, Fire Fang carried us through this gym pretty easy.

FRIGHTFUL the LUXRAY
female, lvl. 76
adamant, intimidate
double kick | thunder fang | crunch | fire fang

waveguidebuizel

weirdguybuizel
Years
Great, thanks! I guess I could've answered that myself if I just observed. >_<

Anyways, a little update. We now have 3 badges in FR. Current stats:

Lv. 40 Treecko @ Persim Berry
95/56/55/54/60/78
Mega Punch/Rock Tomb/Mega Drain/Brick Break

Overall, it's been pretty smooth sailing. Treecko only fainted once so far, but kinda embarrassingly; it was to the first wild encounter in Viridian Forest, a level 5 weedle, haha! The only other rough patch I can think of was the rival battle on the S.S. Anne, thanks to his Sand-Attack-spamming pidgeotto. I actually used up all my HP-healing items in that battle, including the one hyper potion I found on the ship (which was a waste).

BlissyMKW

Rawr
Years
So in my never ending quest to destroy all trainers in regions using broken overleveled mons, I'm finally back on my "do Gen 1 solos with Water types" grind, this time with Lapras. I will get around to doing Furret and the infamous scrub Ledian soon.

Username: KoboraX
Partner Pokemon: Lapras
Challenge: Single
Game(s): Red

waveguidebuizel

weirdguybuizel
Years
I finished FireRed with Treecko, and it went surprisingly well. There were lots of well-timed crits coming from my side, but not really from the other end. Some battles were pretty notable, like Koga (preparation in the form of a pecha berry and great luck were key) and Blaine (spam lots of hyper potions/max potions/full restores). The toughest battle was Agatha, without question. We lost twice, thanks to Arbok's Screech + Sludge Bomb combo, and Gengar's poisoning Sludge Bomb. In the end, we made it by finding good times to use X items. Here are the final stats:

Treecko (Level 94)
Impish
219/134/134/131/137/192
Return/Rock Tomb/Giga Drain/Brick Break
[total times fainted: 3]

Next up: HeartGold! I've already started it and got through the first rival battle.

Last edited:

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
Years
Gallade Ultimate Solo Run
SoulSilver, Alpha Sapphire (8/8), Diamond, Black 2, Y

Things that happen
I'll cut to the chase here and say I forgot exactly why and how, but I'm in Wallace's place rn. I'll say that this is the best set of HM slaves in a game to date, as Sharky has increased Surf speed, Henri's Pickup makes up for me forgetting to ever use Pokemarts, and Secret Power literally gives me a full heal anywhere on the map.
EDIT: 5 Leaf Blades later, I have the Rain Badge

gallade.gif

Inigo (Gallade) Lv50 @ King's Rock
Male | Adamant (Atk>SpAtk) | Steadfast
- Psycho Cut
- Night Slash
- Leaf Blade
- Power-Up Punch

Featuring:
Henri the Linoone (Cut, Rock Smash, Dig, Secret Power, Pickup)
Sharky the Sharpedo (Strength, Surf, Dive, Waterfall)
Serena the Latias (Fly, Eon Flute)

BY THE WAY, I'm making up a new endpoint for Alpha Sapphire. It's past the first one, so it still counts. The endpoint of this run will be completing the battle with Deoxys (capturing or defeating, I don't think you can run from that fight). Mostly because I want to beat the crap out of Zinnia with my Gallade :)

Last edited:

ShinyHoundoom

Houndoom Fan
Years
It's been a little while since I updated either Solo challenge. I have done some progress on both.

Lets start with Neptune. He's now a mighty Seaking. I made my way out of the Rock Tunnel, made my way to Celedon, picked up the Ice Beam tm, and defeated Erica. She should be the last difficult gym leader. Only Gary and maybe Lorieli should give me trouble.

Badges: 4/8

Neptune the Seaking
Level 39
-Peck
-Horn Attack
-Waterfall
-Ice Beam

The other Solo, starts with a timid little Ponyta named Liz. She had a hard time beating Brock. Good thing is Brock doesn't have Rock Tomb in this game so it wasn't as bad. At Cerulean City just about ready to go through the gym. Crap...

Badges: 1/8

Liz the Ponyta
Level 22
-Ember

Yes that all she has to work with.

waveguidebuizel

weirdguybuizel
Years
HeartGold update time: 4 badges in!

Treecko Lv. 42
Jolly, Quick tempered
@Shell Bell
100/60/42/65/54/84
Headbutt | Screech | Mega Drain | Rock Tomb

Not too bad so far, but a bit tougher than FR seeing as we've lost three times already:
  • Rival battle in Azalea: Gastly's Curse + Quilava's Embers.
  • Whitney's miltank, as if that's a surprise. Though, I don't think I've ever had trouble with her since my childhood days with Gold/Silver. Attract was annoying! Fortunately, she never used Rollout once. If she did, the only things I could probably hope for was it missing or a flinch from Headbutt (after getting over infatuation).
  • Morty's gengar because Rock Tomb missed once and it retaliated with a crit Shadow Ball. The rematch was a good battle with neither of us using an HP-healing item.

I thought Bugsy would be a problem, but Rock Tomb just OHKO'd his entire team. He probably would've been an issue if it missed Scyther. Other good battles I remember were Elder Li's hoothoot (Hypnosis + Peck + Peck + Peck + ...), Falkner's pidgeotto, and the rival battle in Burned Tower (magnemite with parafusion).

Aaaaaaand... I'd like to start another ultimate run, this time with my namesake here. :)

Username: waveguidebuizel
Partner Pokemon: Buizel
Game(s): HG, AS, Pt, W2, Y

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
Years
Gallade Ultimate Solo Run
SoulSilver, Alpha Sapphire (Complete!), Diamond, Black 2, Y

Things that happen
Pokemon League Leggo
VS Wally: Nothing provided resistance. Even M-Gallade.
VS Sidney: P O W E R U P P U N C H
VS Phoebe: N I G H T S L A S H
VS Glacia: P O W E R U P P U N C H
VS Drake: This was a bit messier, but it ended.
VS Stephen: I swapped out Night Slash for Earthquake right before this match. Skarmory was a bitch, but 3 Power-Up Punches meant I was at +3 Attack when I finished the damn bird.
VS Lorekeeper Zinnia: Similar strat to Stephen. P-U Punch twice on Goodra, sweep away. Salamance dropped me to 13 HP because Intimidate is stupid, but its over nao.
VS Deoxys: This battle music is more awesome than I remembered. As is the music while you are flying up to smash the meteor. Whatever, 2 Leaf Blades ended the overlevelled space monkey and this run. Sinnoh here we come!

gallade.gif

Inigo (Gallade) Lv68 @ King's Rock
Male | Adamant (Atk>SpAtk) | Steadfast
- Psycho Cut
- Night Slash -> Earthquake (Switched before Stephen)
- Leaf Blade
- Power-Up Punch

Featuring:
Henri the Linoone (Cut, Rock Smash, Dig, Secret Power, Pickup)
Sharky the Sharpedo (Strength, Surf, Dive, Waterfall)
Serena the Latias (Fly, Eon Flute)
BIG DADDY the Rayquaza (I had to catch it)

Relica

Worst Player Ever
Years
So hey, Platinum is done. It was a lot harder and it took a lot more motivation for me to finish than it should of. I realize that Charizard works a lot like Blaziken did when it comes to solo challenges. It seems like a lot of the Pokemon I was interested in doing solos with would as well. It doesn't really change the plays tyle that much sadly and it's kind of boring to force myself through some parts. Like the segment of going around the lakes took the longest cause that dragged on forever. Some of the battles were a lot more interesting and I had to change the movepool of Charizard a lot more. It was a lot of swapping in shadow claw and fire blast depending on the situation. That aside, I'll still be finishing this challenge, I just don't know if I'll sign up for another one unless it's drastically different. Like I kind of was thinking shuckle maybe since that seems the opposite of just blitzing through everything, but, I don't know yet. Anyway, here's proof of Platinum.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

BlissyMKW

Rawr
Years
Welp, another drowning of Kanto has been completed.

131.png

Tessie (Lapras) Lv. 72
Moves: Surf, Psychic, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam

Believe it or not, I never knew Lapras could learn Psychic until now, so it was pretty fun to tear through Poison types and Agitha with that move. Anyway, now it's time to return to doing some of my backlog of Gen 2 solos...mostly the dreaded scrub, Ledian.

Years
~Completed random Feraligatr run on FireRed- this one was fun and fast :3 The only problems I really had were with Agatha and her annoying slowbro - I spammed rock slide until it finally died x.x~

Hall of fame:
Spoiler:

Final stats:

160.gif

Azura|Female|Timid Nature|Torrent|Lvl 70
Rock Slide
Ice Beam
Brick Break
Surf

~I've also completed Mewtwo solo on FR - This one was fairly easy but I had some problems with that minimizing+soft boiling chansey on the victory road- that thing took me down to struggle ;_;~

Hall of fame:
Spoiler:

Final stats:

150.gif

Seto|Genderless|Quirky Nature|Pressure|Lvl 63
Psychic
Calm Mind
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam

~Did another Red Randomizer Solo - This time around I got a glaceon as a starter so I decided to use it :3 It was pretty good the only thing I disliked was a lack of good moves even with updated moveset D:[/url]

Hall of fame:

Final stats:

471.gif

Blue|Lvl 63
Ice Beam
Dig
Bite
Tri Attack

Last edited:

Relica

Worst Player Ever
Years
So I just finished White. I have to say that's really refreshing. Maybe there's just something about Sinnoh that makes it dreadful for me to go through. I really hope if they ever remake those games it's a lot more bearable, cause right now I have a ton of issues dealing with it. White was a lot of fun, I had to change up a lot of moves on Charizard during the experience. Fun one was will-o-wisping Marshal's team, minus the Throh, and then having to swap between brick break, shadow claw, and then brick break again for the end game. Was a lot of fun. Now I'm on my way to Y.

Proof of White being done. Hopefully Y in the next couple of days and then another Mon next to my name in the OP. {XD}

Spoiler:

Years
~So I randomized the starters in Ruby hoping to get something harder than usual runs that are basically just destroying one mon after another and boy did I get what I wanted with Sneasel- First gym: Leveling up until I finally got faint attack - 2nd gym - Grinding to level 30 - May had Combusken so that was a pain - Flannery didn't really like me and Steven was just a pain too - I actually had to spam ice beam and restart the save state until it froze- and hope that it stayed frozen - full restore- repeat the process - I still enjoyed it though but I am so so glad that it's done - I've been working on this for few weeks now D:~

Hall of fame:
Spoiler:

Final stats:

215.gif

Alex|Male|Adamant Nature|Inner Focus|Lvl 72|@Blackglasses
Ice Beam
Return
Faint Attack
Surf

waveguidebuizel

weirdguybuizel
Years
Updates on both my runs here. In HeartGold (7 badges):

Treecko Lv. 59
Jolly, Quick tempered
@Shell Bell
138/83/60/94/79/118
Energy Ball | Secret Power | Hidden Power (rock) | Drain Punch
Total times fainted: 5

Some details:
Spoiler:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And over on Platinum (3 badges):

Buizel Lv. 46
Docile, Mischievous
@Shell Bell
121/76/55/86/34/113
Return | Aqua Jet | Swift | Pursuit
Total times fainted: 3

Some details:
Spoiler:

Years
Did the Bulbasaur line solos on blue finally :D
I started over every time xD

http://imgur.com/a/h6MrU

Venusaur LV63
-Razor Leaf
-Body Slam
-Sleep Powder
-Leech Seed

Ivysaur LV72
-Razor Leaf
-Body Slam
-Sleep Powder
-Leech Seed

Bulbasaur LV84
-Razor Leaf
-Body Slam
-Sleep Powder
-Leech Seed

next up is Charmander line :D

waveguidebuizel

weirdguybuizel
Years
More updates! HeartGold (8 badges):

Treecko Lv. 68
Jolly, Quick tempered
@Shell Bell
158/95/68/108/91/136
Energy Ball | Secret Power | Hidden Power (rock) | Drain Punch
Total times fainted: 9

Details:
Spoiler:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Platinum (5 badges):

Buizel Lv. 63
Docile, Mischievous
@Shell Bell
162/103/74/117/45/153
Surf | Return | Ice Beam | Swift
Total times fainted: 4

Details:
Spoiler:

Years
Completed Ultimate solo Clefable! ^^
I didn't expect any challenge in it, I just Love Clefable. I use it everytime I can and I just felt like I should do Ultimate with it :) (and it was very fun too!) . About the runs themselves... they were mainly easy after I got Moon Stone. Prior to that I just had to look out for every fighting type as they could KO me easily. The only real problem I had in X was because of Magdalene's disobedience. At Grant I completely forgot about that and I caught me off guard. It took me a few tries, but I did it. Then no matter how many trainers I avoided, I just couldn't keep my level low enough for Korrina so I had to restart a few times on her too. Later only because of my stupidity she stopped obeying me right at Wulfric, but I landed all 3 Moonblasts without any problem. I also got to try out Stored Power which I initally planned to replace with any other attack ASAP, but given that it synergises greatly with Minimize/Cosmic Power. I decided to stick with it until te very end.

Hall of Fames:
Spoiler:

Stats:
Spoiler:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now, the next ultimate sign-up! Hopefully this one won't take ages to complete
Username: Kostucha
Partner Pokemon: Murkrow
Game(s): Leaf Green, Crystal, Sapphire, Platinum, White 2, X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back