• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
Wow, a finished hack! Congrats :D
For the English names, I suggest using the rumour names found here. They sound better than the Japanese names, and many of them have already been confirmed.

Again, congrats! I'll wait for the English version to play the hack and I hope Ruka Prince does a good job translating this time.

Wesley FG

Pokémon Kalos Advance !! Gba Hack
Years
Wow, a finished hack! Congrats :D
For the English names, I suggest using the rumour names found here. They sound better than the Japanese names, and many of them have already been confirmed.

Again, congrats! I'll wait for the English version to play the hack and I hope Ruka Prince does a good job translating this time.

ok, yes good sugestion!

Hey. Im sure that im going to love the game when it comes out in english, but i found i minor bug (it may be my emulator or rom), but everywhere i go the colors are kind of all yellowish. If other people are having this please tell me. Im only saying this cause its different than the previous beta. It also happens on my iphone emulator. Great hack anyway, it probably wont effect gameplay.

this is because routine day and night!!

Congratulations on reaching the completion of your hack/mod project!
Damn, finishing an awesome game really takes a lot of time, skills and effort!

Now you can finally rest a bit after that long hard work of hacking/modding.

Anyway, I think I'll wait for an English version of the game before I'll start playing this. ;)

Again, congratulations~!

thanks man!, You really know how hard it is to finish a game.

=======================================================
credits for Mastermind_X, routine Day and Night!
ENGLISH VERSION BY SACARSTIC PRINCE AND ASH493 WAIT FOR VERSION

==================================================================
THANKS FOR ALL PEOPLE FOR POST IN THIS THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

who knows the game and want to translate their language,
Italian, German, French, Chinese, Spanish, either
is entitled, simply Traducir and post a link here to download

FOR ALL PEOPLE WITH PROBLEM POKÉMON LIGHT PLATINUM WORKED

MY INFO ABOUT MY EMULATOR AND 3 THINGS FOR CORRECT THE PROBLEM.
passb.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SOON NEW INFO ABOUT THE GAME, GYM'S, ELITE FOUR'S, CHAMPIONSH WORLD, CATCH ALL LEGENDARYS, ETC...

HEY IN YOUR POST COPY ONE SCREEN WITH YOU HALL OF FAME TEAM!

First of all I want to thank everyone who supported me in creating this game, really met many people and great friends who will be for the rest of my life special people, many who would be a great injustice to mention all their names here and I end up forgetting someone.
Most of the resources used in this hack are made per minute, I used a few of some authors who have given you credit,

DO NOT MAKE USE OF THIS GAME copy anything, SPRITES OR IDEAS;

THIS IS NOT THE FINAL VERSION BUT IT IS THE COMPLETE VERSION, WHICH MAY BE CHANGED ARE:
FIX THE BUGS,
CHANGE OF NAMES OF THE FIFTH GENERATION Pokemon
AMONG OTHERS

===============================================================

• POKÉMON LIGHT PLATINUM

• AUTOR: WESLEYFG

• HACK OF RUBY

• PORTUGUESE VERSION
=============================================================================

• INFO ABOUT THE GAME:

1. REGION AND LEAGUE LAUREN

1. REGION AND LEAGUE ZHERY

1. CHAMPIONISH OF WORLD

1. ALL POKÉMONS DISPONIBLE

1. NEW TRADES

1. NEW ALL GRAPHICS

1. POKÉMON 4 GENERATION

1. POKÉMON 5 GENERATION

• WINnER'S POKÉMON LIGHT PLATINUM
HACK OF THE YEAR 2°PLACE (2009 AND 2010)
WACK HACK 1° PLACE (2009)

• CREDITS:

• * Wah Hack, Myutsu, Pokécommunity, for the support
  • * Peyi, Kyledove, Zelda, GSC platinum,Alistair, Saurav, Xiros, Shiny Lugia, Dewity,Alucus for the some Tiles edited by me.
  • * thethethe's, Lu-oH, Zel, Serg!o, Xiros, Mastermind_X, for they begin the hacking pokémon and to all the creators of tools.
  • * Ruka Prince and Ash493 , for translated the rom of English version

32072670.gif

DOWNLOAD LINK:
http://wesleyfg.weebly.com/pokeacutemonlightplatinum.html

Last edited:
Years
Wesley, I'd like to thank you for providing us with a very enjoying hack(I haven't played it yet, still finishing Black). By the screenies I can say that this is indeed one very awesome thing. Kudos to you man. May your future hacks surpass this one.

Years
  • Seen Oct 21, 2023
well....aint working on gpsp....too bad...i got white screen, and on that emulator i cant change to 128k....well i aint going to play it after all

wow i found which is the problem.....Wesley modified the header of the rom, and the emulator dont recognize it as a ruby rom so it cant determine the save size and it uses the default of 64k....which results in a white screen.

Here is what i did, downloaded this tool http://www.gbadev.org/tools.php?showinfo=77

loaded pokemon light platinum already patched on a ruby 1.0 rom, selected COPY HEADER, and copied the header from the original Pokemon Ruby 1.0...

now you will be able to play it on GPSP..

If that doesnt work you need to create first a save with 128k on the visual boy advance and then copy it to the folder of the GPSP and then start the game.

I hope it helps those who want it to play it on psp, or maybe on a mobile phone.

Last edited:

Sky
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
I finished Zhery League. The hack is nice. :) Find 7th Gym Leader took me a few hours.
pokemonlightplatinumcom.png

No big bug with me. But some of them should be fixed:
- the event (may scripts there) at Mt. Winder is reseted many times. I meet Cynthia in the first time I enter a cave, and later I meet her again...
- the pokepic scripts has a Aron glitch.
The map connection between Dragonbreat & Route 417 is wrong.
Team Steam in Serenity City don't disappear...
In some places, if you open menu bar (pokedex, pokemon, bag...), you'll control another Sprites (Central City, Dragonbreat Department Store...). I also got this bugs many times in my hack. @.@
Pokemon Contest also has some glitches, but it's ok.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 5, 2016
Someone help me?

Hi,

I downloaded de IPS file and with de lunar IPS I patch a ruby rom, when I did that, appears a message saying the patch has been sucessfully.

Then I open de rom on emulator, with the change 64 to 128, and I do reset but, besides that, I can´t play the rom, the white screen don't desappear.

Wesley FG

Pokémon Kalos Advance !! Gba Hack
Years
I just found a tile error in the Dream event.
LightPlatinumTiles.png

This shall be repaired, because the tool is not working REMOVE TRUCK on my PC

I finished Zhery League. The hack is nice. :) Find 7th Gym Leader took me a few hours.
pokemonlightplatinumcom.png

No big bug with me. But some of them should be fixed:
- the event (may scripts there) at Mt. Winder is reseted many times. I meet Cynthia in the first time I enter a cave, and later I meet her again...
- the pokepic scripts has a Aron glitch.
The map connection between Dragonbreat & Route 417 is wrong.
Team Steam in Serenity City don't disappear...
In some places, if you open menu bar (pokedex, pokemon, bag...), you'll control another Sprites (Central City, Dragonbreat Department Store...). I also got this bugs many times in my hack. @.@
Pokemon Contest also has some glitches, but it's ok.

I could not find a lot of these bugs
but I'll continue testing to find
The one I found was this:
""
Pokemon Contest also has some glitches, but it's ok.""

I will try to fix a bug but it is very difficult and often occur
Perhaps this may be because you may have used the patch in a room pkm RUBY than clean
or are in a different version of the patch I used.

Hi,

I downloaded de IPS file and with de lunar IPS I patch a ruby rom, when I did that, appears a message saying the patch has been sucessfully.

Then I open de rom on emulator, with the change 64 to 128, and I do reset but, besides that, I can´t play the rom, the white screen don't desappear.

check in my DEVIANART:
check in google search Devianart, WesleyFG or click in the link
and read for download
[LINK REMOVED]
have other option for download
and other format's

Last edited by a moderator:

DMAC

Pokemon Master
Years
  • Seen Jun 16, 2015
WOW this thread is on FIRE after the release...thanks to wes for an amazing game...now i still have to wait patiently for Sarcastic and Ash to come out with the English version...good luck...this game is so awesome. best there is

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Pokemon Contest also has some glitches, but it's ok.""

I will try to fix a bug but it is very difficult and often occur
Perhaps this may be because you may have used the patch in a room pkm RUBY than clean
or are in a different version of the patch I used.

I remember a post in the Simple Questions thread that this only occurs to NPCs with Unknown/Movement numbers on Advance Map...
I think you should make the values to zero? I don't remember quite well...
I forgot which is which but you can try and mess around with those values until you fix them.

Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2015
This Saturday i have ALL DAY and ALL NIGHT free, so i think i could help with the translate to english.

Years
  • Seen Nov 6, 2013
In Rocavely, when i met the gym leader the 2nd time and I say i want to fight he says he wont, then i said no and he went to the gym.

When I went to the gym i cant get through the door, and it isnt locked.

What am i doing wrong?

EDIT:

I Havent seen what you posted above, that fixed the problem :)

Last edited:

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
Guys, I really shouldn't have to keep posting in this thread because you all should have read the rules. This is an English forum and thus all posts must be written in English.

Years
  • Seen Dec 24, 2012
Wesley, please man! My VBA keep with a white screen. Oh, my English is suck. Please, help... I do all that you spoke to do, and nothing...

Years
  • Seen Oct 21, 2023
wesley are you going to replace the sound of the new pokemons?

well, i love the effort u put on this hack, good looking

Back