• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PMD: Gates to Infinity

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
It's about dang time a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game came out and its for the 3DS too which makes me even more excited and cannot wait. I bet a lot of Pokemon fans that do not have a 3DS (like most of my friends) will be running out to get a 3DS now. I like how Cofagrigus seems to be an importance to the game.

:t354:TG

Dying Light

Pegasus Knight
Years
Now they've ditched the personality quiz? And limited the partner choices to only 4 Pokémon? I'd play this, even though I already hate the 5th gen., but doing these other changes have just made the game 10x worse. I love the graphics, they are a massive improvement, but just the starter/partner choices really shriveled my interest in this game.

I will not be buying this game until I learn more information and hopefully the starter/partner choices will not be permanent.

TheWaffleKiing

Pokemon Lets Player :)
Years
  • Seen Jul 13, 2014
I honestly hate the starters of this game

well as this game is only out in japan and we dont have a worldwide release date i cant try the game for myself but it in itself looks brilliant , but the starters have gone down hill all we get a choice of are snivy , oshawatt, tepig, pikachu ,axew and i think thats it we dont get alll the other generation starters which is a shame cause i was gonna be chimchar and have oshawatt as my partner sadly i have to determine a new team :( but i will be picking this game up asap

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
They have confirmed release of international versions for 2013. I don't remember any specific date though if any were said. Apparently you still can't evolve until you beat the main game story. The evolutions we saw in the pre release info were randomly generated pokemon for the magnagate since we apparently can't go in with our teams. Though the new multi player stuff is really cool.

blue

gucci
Years
I'm looking forward to this Mystery Dungeon so I'm hoping an International release isn't too far into 2013, it just depends on how much is needed to translate. The last MD international release was 6 months after Japan so that would mean the release of this one would be around May but since the release of BW localisation seems to be quicker.

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
The adventure looks cool but...

1.No starter quiz.

2.You can only be Gen 5 Pokemon (except Pikachu but it sucks as well)

So as my starter I'm gonna pick Pikachu :( I really wanted to be a Riolu or Cyndaquil.

Squidchan

The Lady Cthulhu
Years
To be honest the starter quiz annoyed me, I wanted to be able to choose my starter. Eventually I looked up guides to 'cheat' the quiz, but I'm happy it's gone. I don't mind that there aren't many starters to choose from as well, considering you just need to finish the main story to change your lead, and that is only slightly less than half the game in previous cases. I'm really looking forward to this though! My husband isn't really, he told me he would help me finish my Pokemon game collection... He may begin to regret that eventually lol.

Years
I was hoping for a pre-Christmas release, but oh well :(.

I am not too pushed over a lack of a starter quiz; if anything it just took over some of my precious playing time and I can't afford that :P as long as I get Tepig, I'm happy :D

Years
I hate the fact that it's mainly just got generation five Pokemon in it, and that you can only pick one of five starters...
I'll miss not being Chikorita...

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
What do you guys think of the English name, and of the game now that we've seen more? It isn't really a lot different than we expected really, but I think it's looking pretty cool (other than that darn starter quiz, turns out we really only do have 5 choices). I've seen the Japanese commercials and I wonder what they're actually saying, what do you guys think Infinity Gates are? I personally have no idea haha.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
This game looks really nice and I am actually thinking of getting it. I am not happy about only having a few choices for your starter and partner though. Like...they are really pushing that gen V stuff on us aren't they? I wanna be Eevee. :( Or a better starter. Ugh. Guess I'll get over it. I will probably cheat myself into getting Axew cause I don't care for the other choices.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I'm only confused on why they would only have 5 choices, I quite liked the andom choices like Riolu/Shinx/Eevee because we couldn't already choose those as our starters. We've had Pikachu as an option a million times but I guess he's only included to people will see it and think Pokemon. (even though it says it on the game?) I guess Axew's there because of Iris but we've already had the option to choose the Unova starters in three other games. =/ Oh well though.

Rou.Tsuki

It's happy hour somewhere...
Years
Pikachu is a popular icon for the company/game series so I can why they wanted to keep him/her/it in the game. I am sad that there is such a limit to choose from and wish they would include the other types and not just the basic fire/water/grass/electric. Normal, Psychic, Dark, Fighting, etc should get an equal rep in these games, imho. Maybe next time, eh?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Has anyone confirmed that you cannot evolve until post story like all other PMD games? I know we were thinking you could evolve before-hand since they showed evolutions going into the gates, but that has been debunked as the Pokemon that enters the Gate is randomly generated, level and all.

blue

gucci
Years
Has anyone confirmed that you cannot evolve until post story like all other PMD games? I know we were thinking you could evolve before-hand since they showed evolutions going into the gates, but that has been debunked as the Pokemon that enters the Gate is randomly generated, level and all.

Well I've seen on a few playthrough with people having Level 30+ Pokemon far into the game but they still haven't evolved, so I assume it's the same as always.

Back