• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Rainbow Connection [LGBTS Club]

Years
@ Fenrir:

Hahaha, I laughed all through that story! Not in a mean way :) just like an, 'aw, that's so cool/positive/nice and your friends sound really awesome!' So it was less laughing than a big grin. But hey, that's fun too :D

Also, I have just discovered that Bill O'Reilly is apparently in favour of legal same-sex marriage for all. Well, sort of. He's not against it, anyway, and he actually made a cogent point: basically, we're all human, so why the hell are we acting like there's levels of love? Well, I'm paraphrasing, but you get the gist. (Actual quote was: 'the compelling argument is on the side of homosexuals. That's where the compelling argument is: we're Americans, we just want to be treated like everybody else. That's a compelling argument. And to deny that, you've got to have a very strong argument on the other side. And the other side hasn't been able to do anything but thump the Bible.')

Anyway. Bill O'Reilly isn't defending this ban. BILL O'REILLY. Surely, surely this is an indication that public opinion is changing for the better.
I thought I'd stepped into a parallel dimension when I read that. I hope that in 5 years we'll all look back on this and go "Oh, wow, what a silly fight we were having. How could we have thought gay people shouldn't be allowed to marry?"

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
I thought I'd stepped into a parallel dimension when I read that. I hope that in 5 years we'll all look back on this and go "Oh, wow, what a silly fight we were having. How could we have thought gay people shouldn't be allowed to marry?"

Because we're all demon spawn and don't deserve to intermingle with humans, lest we taint the entire species.

Melody

Banned
Years
XD No, it's fine. They'll live. :3

Anyways I'm back~ Thought I'd drop by this clubbeh and stuff, and maybe pick up on the chatter. I've kind of grown in my identity since I last posted here for certain. A lot of things have changed for me and surprisingly just as many stayed the same.

A little of an update about me:
I am Genderqueer. For those of you who don't know what that is, just click on the link and read up. More specifically, I am Genderfluid. This is a state where my gender may shift from one state to another at any time, and land anywhere on the scale of masculine to feminine. For the most part though, I present as female online.

I am also Pansexual, and somewhat Demisexual, as I don't particularly "Fall in love" based on appearances. So yeah. If I fall for someone, It's usually because I love their personality, not because they're hawt. Though I definitely can appreciate the beauty of the human body in all it's forms ;)

If you have any questions, please by all means do ask. I'll try to answer your questions as best as I can.

Username_9138

OK hey. Some might remember me from my (somewhat annoying) boy-rants from last year before I left on an (unannounced) hiatus. But now I'm back and wanted to reintroduce myself to the club! And guys, I just wanna say, really hurt that my name isn't up there on the members list anymore. :cheeky:

EVERYBODY! I'm thread hijacking once again because Prop 8 is finally up before the Supreme Court now. It's entirely possible that we'll see legal same-sex marriage in all of the US soon, or maybe just in California. I don't know how likely that outcome is, but things are moving in the right direction. I'm just excited by the prospect that this stain on my home state might be wiped away once and for all.

WOOOOOOO demolish it. Y'know, this is actually starting to work according to our agenda. Us LGBTQTL;DR gotta stick together, right girls?

@Fenrir: OK, awesome story! The main thing I have to say though is that I'm relieved to find someone else who plays the bassoon. It's cool to have such supportive friends.

@Nakuzami: Aww. It's hard knowing people like that. Trust me; I live in a town where bigotry against the LGBT community is more commonplace than would be comfortable, although not advertised as much as some other places.

I hope nobody in this thread caught my gay~ *runs away*

FenrirDarkWolf

Water Musician Fenrir
Years
  • Seen Nov 10, 2013
@Fenrir: OK, awesome story! The main thing I have to say though is that I'm relieved to find someone else who plays the bassoon. It's cool to have such supportive friends.

Yeah, my friends are like, the best.
I know right! I'm the only one who plays the bassoon in my band too!

Harmonie

Winds ღ
Years

Hey, I play the bassoon, too!

Nevertheless the last time I posted in this topic was a year ago. So I feel kind of random for popping up like this. xD

Minato Arisato

Memento mori...
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 4, 2016
It's been a while since I posted on here. I blame midterms. Looks like I've got a lot of catching up to do.

BugBoyTroy

Professor in-training
Years
May I join? I'm president of my schools GSA (and am gay myself) is there some kin of sign up? :P

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
Years
Hi there, guys and gals. :p I haven't posted here in a few weeks, so I decided to just pass by and see how everyone's doing. :]

Looks like lots of people are supporting the drop of DOMA, so let's hope the Supreme Court justices have some sense of morality and virtue to make the right decision in actually repealing the Act. I've seen a ton of those red equal sign icons all over the Internet, and it's really awesome to see all the support going around for the LGBT community. xD

It's been a while since I posted on here. I blame midterms. Looks like I've got a lot of catching up to do.

Hey! Welcome back. :)

May I join? I'm president of my schools GSA (and am gay myself) is there some kin of sign up? :P

Everyone's welcomed here! That's pretty cool to hear that you're your school's GSA president. xD Did you start the club at your school or had it already been established when you joined?

& nope, there's no signup as far as I know. :]

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
Welcome Trotz! No need to ask to join, or sign up or anything. Just join in on the conversation, and you're a member.

What kind of activities does your club do? I joined one in college, and it wasn't quite what I expected. It was sort of just a hang out for playing silly games, and... well, that's it. I wasn't around when they held their crossdressing fashion show though, sadly. lol

Minato Arisato

Memento mori...
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 4, 2016
Maybe it's just my computer talking, but...I don't understand why I can't see people's usernames. Just random Pokemon.

Guess I'll just ignore it.

FenrirDarkWolf

Water Musician Fenrir
Years
  • Seen Nov 10, 2013
I was a Jigglypuff on some other thread... *sob*
~FenrirDarkWolf

Maybe it's just my computer talking, but...I don't understand why I can't see people's usernames. Just random Pokemon.

Guess I'll just ignore it.

I think it's an April Fool's thing...

EGKangaroo

Tail-bumps for all 'roolovers!
Years
I'm still hoping to get an Ampharos. Gay Ampharos are fabulous.
(Been refreshing for half an hour, everyone on this page has been an Ampharos except me)

Last edited:

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Shining Raichu here, agreeing that I really really hate this. It makes it real difficult to post in clubs if you have no idea who's saying what lol

ThatWhiteKid said:
And guys, I just wanna say, really hurt that my name isn't up there on the members list anymore. :cheeky:

I wonder why that is... I've never deleted a name from the list unless I was asked to specifically by that person... weird. In any case, I'll put you back up on it now :)

As for anybody else who wanted to join, I'll add your usernames to the list the second all this nonsense is over and I can actually see what your usernames are lol. I'd post some on-topic LGBTish stuff but what's the point, I don't know what the discussion is because I DON'T KNOW WHO'S SAYING WHAT I HATE APRIL FOOL'S DAY

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Yay for posting during the confusion!

Haven't posted in awhile so I felt like I should, hey everyone that's just joined and welcome back to those we are posting again! etc etc.

(I was a shiny Chandelure I'm happy with life.)

Years
Everyone, I have to confess that for the past several months our club leader, Shining Raichu and I have been in an illicit straight relationship. I know this is hard to swallow. It must feel like a betrayal, but I think the truth needs to be known. I'm very sorry, but I promise that both he and I, despite living happy heteronormative lives free of glitter and rainbows, will not betray any of the secret plans for the new gay world order.

Back