• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon Heart Gold/Soul Silver] Emulation Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Apr 20, 2010
if i hook up an IR emitter to the DS and try to connect the pokewalker to my heartgold rom would it work ?

Years
Is there a way to stop the rom image crashes??? I now can't save my game coz right after I save it the rom image crashes. Never use to crash after saving but still would crash randomly

Toxicroak

Mustard
Years
If anyone is using R4 and the rom is freezing there is a rom that works perfectly on my R4.

This rom stops the continual freezing once you get past the 3rd gym

You'll need a torrent down loader btw.

Requests permission to post link to the rom (ts worth a shot)

otherwise Google 'Pokemon Soulsilver (USA) Working on ALL Cards' and click the link from The pirate bay.

Its 100% virus free so dont worry.

If i have broken any rules please delete this post :)

Years
  • Seen Apr 24, 2010
I've just got my 3rd Badge on Heart Gold, however when I try to save I get the "Fatal Error - The ROM image has crashed" window pop-up.

I downloaded the "Rudolph Patch" but to no avail....

How do I fix it?

Years
  • Seen Mar 1, 2013
2 games on:
SS - 8 badges:-
TRADED Garchomp lvl 53
Typhlosion lvl 36
Meganium lvl 34
Noctowl lvl 30
Ampharos lvl 32
Lugia lvl 46

HG - 16 badges (not fought red yet)
TRADED Infernape lvl 92
TRADED Empoleon lvl 93
Typhlosion lvl 67
Feraligatr lvl 69
Ampharos lvl 53
Pigeot lvl 52
Golem lvl 50

Not AR, just trading between games.

Years
  • Seen May 10, 2010
To all of the people with battle problems. Turn the sound option on in the emulation setup otherwise the game will crash when the pokèmon cries as it faints.

Hope I helped =]

I have the same problem as the two users above. The game runs nicely until I get into the battle. If I run it doesn't get frozen, but If I knockout a wild Pokemon or in trainer battle the screen freezes and it doesn't continue. It just...stops.

If anyone could help, I would really appreiate it. I have no DS and the emulator is the only way to play this kind of game in my country :(

Try turning on sound or the fainting cry will crash.. =]

Last edited:
Years
Errrr can someone save me from this save Ghost
I played SS new game Patched one (Rudolph's)
I play through the game (yeah running Solo run With my Pichu)
No frreeze and no crash just like a still water. It went smoothly and suddenly
when i fell tired and decided to take a rest And going to save but!!
The Save took so long. y know that the one on the bottom right Edge thing stop moving>.<
Ohhhh..... my poor Pichu Now trying to restart as soon as i know how to save.
Anyways i use No$Gba.
Pls help
errorvw.png

EDIT:SOLVED the way is
When your anti black screen worked like charm.... turn off the code and then save. use only one anti black screen i tried using two (it wont work)
Anyways happy playing ^^

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 24, 2010
@Destiny..

i followed all of your instructions, however when i attempt to load the new rom, it says " unidentified op code-with no debug vector defined" and then no$gba crashes. do you kno why this did not work for me.

i used Xenophobia (U) as my clean unpatched rom. is this rite or do i need to used a different one.

also, if i am part way through a soul silver game, and have to load a different soul silver rom (such as this patched and encrypted rom) can i continue from my original SS game?

EDIT: ok well i managed to fix the problem. when using the encrypter, a box popped up half way through encrypting saying that it needed to open an unknown file, and whether i wanted to surf the web for a program, or select a program (im sure people are familiar with this). this was because i have windows 7. therefore i repatched a clean ROM, and went into the properties of the encrypter. i ticked it to run in compatability mode with windows XP service pack 3, as well as run as administator. i then ran the encrypter and it all worked fine.

i also figured out how to revert back to my old save by simply changing the name of the file. so for people out there with windows 7, just a heads up that a few things need to be changed.

Sparda_87- It should.
uchiha_madara15 - Amount of time/events after freeze, any Action Replay codes being used? Also, are you using HeartGold or SoulSilver? Version of Windows used (e.g. XP/Vista)? Emulator sound enabled?

Electroshock- These are my settings on the NO$gba 2.6a emulator in its CONFIGURATION file optimised for speed.

GBA Mode == VGA (poppy bright)
NDS Mode == Nintendo DS (normal 4MB)
Emulation Speed, LCD Refresh == Unlimited MHz Disaster, 50%
Reset/Startup Entrypoint == GBA BIOS (Nintendo logo)
Topmost Display Lines == -Display Normal
Sound Output Mode == Digital Mono (fast)
Sound Desired Sample Rate == -High (44kHz) (best)
Video Output == 24bit True Color
Emulate BIOS Functions == By real GBA.ROM (accurate)
Solar Sensor Level == Darkness
GBA Cartridge Backup Media == -Auto
NDS-Cartridge Backup Media == -Auto
Multiboot Port == -None/Disabled
Multiboot Completion == -Auto-close Upload Box
Multiboot Normal/BurstDelays == -Fast/Fast (best)
Game Screen Filter == None (fast)
Decompressed Help File == Delete after Usage
Create Game Window at == Upper/right of Debug Window
Game Screen Sizing == Strict
IIgame_size == normal
Number of Emulated Gameboys == -Single Machine
Link Gamepaks == -Gamepaks in all GBAs
Link Cable Type == None
Performance Indicator == -Show Timing only if <>100%
Autosave Options == -Nope
Load ROM-Images to == -All machines

ok sorry to bother you agian, your patched worked, no black screen AR code needed and no freezing thus far. i was just wondering, do i still need to exit and restart no$gba everytime i save?

also, if i were using other AR codes such as the all wild pokemon are shiny code, do i need to turn these codes off when saving, and then turn them back on, or can they be left on?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 16, 2010
I'm using DeSmuME 0.9.6 x64 and running a HG ROM that's already been patched.
I've already got 7 badges and have been playing using save states on the emulator.
After my 7th badge, I realized that I would soon need to save for the Elite 4, so I tried to save using the in-game save, only to freeze up the every time I tried.

The little spinning dot in the dialogue box's corner you get when you save spins a different distance (i.e. 30 degrees, half a rotation, one full rotation, etc) when I change Save Types to different options (EEPROM, FLASH, and FRAM) but I can never save the game.

Is there a fix for this for DeSmuME? I really don't want to start over, as I've come pretty far into the game already.

The AR code for the anti-freeze is already activated and does not seem to help with the in-game save.

Please help!

P.S. I just realized that when I load the ROM, I just get a blank white screen until I load a saved state.

faospark

web Developer
Years
try this setting for DeSmume
DeSmuMe 0.9.6 x86 (this one is the stable release but this setting can also be applied to your DeSmuMe, but my advice is to get this one)
- on the Config Tab you have to adjust certain things to adjust :
- Config>3d setting: Renderer change it to SoftRasterizer, and tick the enable edge marking and last everything else is unticked
- Config>Emulation Setting: just tick enable bus level timing everything else is unticked
- Config> Frame Skip= 3
-Config> DirectDraw SW
-Config> Hot Key Config: change it to your needs
- change the save to auto

next all of your cheats must be disabled before opening the rom activate them once you have loaded your game. that should do it

Years
  • Seen Nov 16, 2010
ahhh it didn't work :(
i don't know what's wrong with it.
i'm thinking of just starting over in soul silver.
sigh...

Little Brother

Little Brother...Big Heart <3
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 27, 2011
It won't freeze, it doesn't for me. But about every hour or close to it, I'd say 45 min, it will crash so be prepared to save every hour if you haven't done that before.

Years
  • Seen Jun 26, 2012
Whenever I start the ROM, it goes until I tell him my name and shrink down, then the screen stays black and I'm using no$gba 2.6a, and a clean US SoulSilver ROM :(

Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2010
SOMEONE CAN GIVE ME A FULL GUIDE HOW TO RUN THE HG SS WITHOUT ANY PROBLEMS (BLACK SCREEN,FREEZING,CRASHES ETC..)?
I WANT TO PLAY THE GAME FOR OVER 5 MONTHES AND I CANT BEACUSE THE PROBLEMS!
SO PLEESE GIVE ME A GUIDE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back