• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Booster Pack/"Look What I Just Got!" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Bought several packs today. The pull that stuck out in my mind was the Magic Room Gothitelle (which is unfortunately not as relevant with the emergence of EXs in the format).

Yep I get it now, I often see cardboard packs of boosters on ebay.

Highly considering buying a 1st ed Spanish booster pack for $355.00. Keeping in mind I am a collector and only have eyes on staring and admiring them and not playing with them. A 1st edition spanish charizard for example is worth more than an Unlimited one. What I like about the spanish set is the name of the pokemon is still in english regardless of everything else in spanish.

The box will end up up to $200 cheaper than any unlimited box i might try and pursue and as i said staring at the art and calling it Charizard in 1st edition is all i care about. The fact that they are shadowed also doesn't worry me too much.

Thoughts?.

If you really want it, go for it.

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2016
Bought several packs today. The pull that stuck out in my mind was the Magic Room Gothitelle (which is unfortunately not as relevant with the emergence of EXs in the format).

If you really want it, go for it.

I passed on it mate, I am probably the last guy on earth to finally upgrade to a Playstation 3 from a Playstation 2. Haha

IamZurich64

Years
Out of my today's pulls I got the shiny Emboar in one of the boosters of the Mewtwo Jumbo/figurine pack. Before that I pulled FA Zekrom and FA Reshriam, and the shiny Chandelure. I love this Chandelure so much guys.

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2016
I've really spoilt myself and gone on a spending spree.

I've bought one of each of the packs from the base set and expansions. Including a 1st edition pack. I passed on 1st edition Jungle and Fossil because they aren't true 1st edition due to the fact they aren't shadowless. but I've still got money to keep going with it but not sure which way to head now.

I have no intentions of opening the 1st edition booster pack but will be kept as a collectors item. The Jungle, Foil and Base Unlimited will definitely be opened. Shadowless probably too.

Unfortunately i am a fraction short of a Jungle Booster box however I have enough to by mutiple more single packs.

Years
So I finally got a chance to buy a few Dark Explorers yesterday and I decided to record myself opening the packs.

I used my iPhone to record and my Samson Condenser Microphone for the audio. I hope you enjoy and I might start doing these more often since I tend to buy a few packs every other week as a hobby now.

I'm also considering making a brief video showcasing my binder collection, however I might wait on that since I've only started collecting again a few months ago.

Last edited by a moderator:

IamZurich64

Years
So I got three DE the other day and...have there been known mispackagings before? I ask because one of my packs was filled with all Noble Victories cards.

IamZurich64

Years
Not that I'm aware of. Are you sure it wasn't a Noble Victories booster?

Where did you buy the cards?

I got them from Target, and I made sure they were all Dark Explorers. The pack was all Noble Victories and the online booster card was also different from the other two packs.

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2016
So I finally got a chance to buy a few Dark Explorers yesterday and I decided to record myself opening the packs.

I used my iPhone to record and my Samson Condenser Microphone for the audio. I hope you enjoy and I might start doing these more often since I tend to buy a few packs every other week as a hobby now.

I'm also considering making a brief video showcasing my binder collection, however I might wait on that since I've only started collecting again a few months ago.

Good for you man, Welcome home to the Card Cult! ;).

Yet to watch your vid but I will shortly.

Years
hey my mate just randomly puts ten rare cards in a booster and then sells them and i bought one and i got :
hamachans slowking
secret pikachu
typhlosion prime
pokemon machine
violence in the safari zone
kyuryem ex
reshiram ex
zekrom ex
mewtwo ex (full ART!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

That sounds.. lucky? Make sure they aren't fake.

Alright so I made another pack opening video! It's another 4 packs of Dark Explorers. I bought a random pack the other day and opened it off camera and got a Tornadus EX... wish I recorded that -___-

Years
I recently got into collecting Pokemon cards again. The only noteworthy card I pulled is a Tornadus EX. Is it any good? Sorry for my ignorance but I pretty much know nothing about card rarities ahaha.

Porynoir

Cool like that...
Years
I opened 1 Emerging Powers pack and got a Catcher! Also I opened 5 DE and 4 NE and the best pull was a Kyogre EX!!! LOL!

Raikou Trainer

Competitive Pokemon TCG player
Years
I was at a League this past Saturday, and bought the last pack of Dark Explorers they had (from a box). I open it, and see a normal Darkrai EX! Talk about lucky!

Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2012
I used to collect Pokemon cards back in the day when i was a teen and am proud to say i have a mint base collection to my name, i decided to start collecting again today so i went to my local WH Smiths and purchased 4 of the Dark Explorers packs, bear in mind i am a newbie to anything pokemon related after 99/00.
In my first 4 packs these are the ones that stood out -

Old Amber Aerodactyl Shiney 97/108
Bisharp rare 72/108
Heatmore rare 19/108
Leafeon rare 6/108
Joltik Shiney 42/108
Bulbasaur Shiney 1/108
Ivysaur Shiney 2/108
Groudon EX 106/108

How would you guys rate my 1st 4 packs ??

thanks

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2016
Just an update guys. The 1st edition booster pack never arrived and a refund was successfully given to me albeit through Paypal. So I bought a few odd little things like a Pokemon Folder to store my cards in.

Waiting on one of each of the Wizards of the Coast booster packs from Base set through to Skyridge all of which are 1st edition if they came out as that minus the base set so Neo Destiny 1st edition is a good addition to my collection and really deciding whether it be worth it opening it or not.

But Rocket, Gym Heroes, Gym Challenge, Jungle, Fossil and all neo series are in 1st edition.

Also two base set shadowless coming in the mail.

So hopefully they arrive today or tomorrow which is when I am expecting them too. Will post a embedded video from youtube once it's uploaded.

Years
I used to collect Pokemon cards back in the day when i was a teen and am proud to say i have a mint base collection to my name, i decided to start collecting again today so i went to my local WH Smiths and purchased 4 of the Dark Explorers packs, bear in mind i am a newbie to anything pokemon related after 99/00.
In my first 4 packs these are the ones that stood out -

Old Amber Aerodactyl Shiney 97/108
Bisharp rare 72/108
Heatmore rare 19/108
Leafeon rare 6/108
Joltik Shiney 42/108
Bulbasaur Shiney 1/108
Ivysaur Shiney 2/108
Groudon EX 106/108

How would you guys rate my 1st 4 packs ??

thanks

Above average because you managed to pull a Groudon EX in them.

Years
Bought 2 packs of Dark Explorers yesterday, which were my first since I believe EX-Sandstorm (still remember nabbing Gardevoir-ex, Typhlosion-ex and Raichu-ex from 3 of the 4 packs I bought). I was fairly happy with what I got, and I did get 4 rare cards, since both of my reverse holos were rare (Eelektross & RH Krookodile in one, Bisharp & RH Blissey in the other). Also, found it funny I got a Pawniard and Chansey in the same pack as their evolutions.

Might consider going back another day to buy a few more packs, but they also had a blister pack for $5 that contained 25 random cards with a guaranteed holo. Just wish I knew how random the eras of those cards were.

Years
Bought 2 packs of Dark Explorers yesterday, which were my first since I believe EX-Sandstorm (still remember nabbing Gardevoir-ex, Typhlosion-ex and Raichu-ex from 3 of the 4 packs I bought). I was fairly happy with what I got, and I did get 4 rare cards, since both of my reverse holos were rare (Eelektross & RH Krookodile in one, Bisharp & RH Blissey in the other). Also, found it funny I got a Pawniard and Chansey in the same pack as their evolutions.

Might consider going back another day to buy a few more packs, but they also had a blister pack for $5 that contained 25 random cards with a guaranteed holo. Just wish I knew how random the eras of those cards were.

The 25 random cards is probably filled with Diamond & Pearl and late advance era cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back