Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Computers & Technology
Reload this Page Hash Tags

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Computers & Technology The place to go for all things tech and internet. Share a funny YouTube video or meme, discover the latest useful apps, or just get some free tech support.

View Poll Results: Should (#)hashtags stick around?
No, absolutely not. 13 61.90%
#Yes, for sure 8 38.10%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 30th, 2013 (04:28 PM).
Sincerity

Nature: Bold
Quote originally posted by Totodile42:
Hashtags are kind of weird. They're fine if they're used correctly, #but #when #people #do #this #it's #really #pointless.
#of #course #it #is #everyone #wants #to #be #a #twitter #hipster #if #that #even #exists #CutforBieber #Kony2012 #Twerk
Old September 30th, 2013 (05:03 PM).
3rd Gen. Enthusiast

Nature: Naughty
As long as Twitter doesn't die, hashtags won't either, since they are a big part of the website. When someone uses a hash tag it links to everyone else that has recently used the same one so that you can connect and relate with each other. It sounds like a nice feature, but I would never use them. It just doesn't come naturally. It's not part of language. When I post a status on Facebook (I don't use Twitter) I just say what I have to say and don't worry about which word I should use in a hashtag.

People that are saying that they aren't meant for other websites are incorrect. Facebook implemented a feature months ago that links hashtags exactly like Twitter does. My big problem isn't when people use them, it's why they are using them. Some people aren't interested in other people that used the same hashtag, they just use them because it's the cool current thing to do. I've seen multiple people post an entire status using hashtags and I just sit back and shake my head...
I don't use "uber" Pokémon, I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.
Old October 2nd, 2013 (02:18 PM).

So, apparently this is a thing now:

So this can facilitate the discussion the ZachLMedia so desperately asked for, I would like to ask what you think about the shirts, Pokecommunity?
Old October 2nd, 2013 (02:41 PM).
3rd Gen. Enthusiast

Apparently hashtags are being used in government buildings during different meetings and debates. SMH...
I don't use "uber" Pokémon, I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.
Old October 2nd, 2013 (03:21 PM).
ModeratorCS

Nature: Jolly
Quote originally posted by POKEMONMASTER260:
So this can facilitate the discussion the ZachLMedia so desperately asked for
If you have a problem with anything I do, you're more than welcome to PM me on the matter instead of calling me out like that.

Quote originally posted by pokemasta92:
Apparently hashtags are being used in government buildings during different meetings and debates. SMH...
All I can say is...really? Are they like tweeting or anything?
Old October 2nd, 2013 (03:53 PM).
Platinum Tier

Nature: Serious
Quote originally posted by pokemasta92:
As I've said, bastardizing the English language. #yolo #swag #gangnamstyle #harlemshake #wontheinternetz
Old October 2nd, 2013 (03:59 PM).
★☆let go of everything
ModeratorCS

Nature: Brave
#hashtags are so cool, #like you gotta use them in everything out there, #i mainly use these hashtags because i use tumblr a lot, #and we don't put all our words together, #we just space them out. #twitter's hashtags are kinda pointless to be quite honest!,

#personal, #adventures in pokecommunity, #technology & internet

Old October 3rd, 2013 (12:07 AM).
coven
Platinum Tier

Nature: Relaxed
-posts a picture of a tree-

#tree #green #nature #beautiful #pretty #girl #boy #love #friend #cute #eyes
Old October 3rd, 2013 (12:16 AM).
3rd Gen. Enthusiast

Quote originally posted by Suicune™:
-posts a picture of a tree-

#tree #green #nature #beautiful #pretty #girl #boy #love #friend #cute #eyes
People assume that you're joking, but I know a lot of people, the vast majority being girls, that have posts exactly like this. It's crazy!
Old October 3rd, 2013 (02:15 AM).
ModeratorCS

Nature: Jolly
Hashtags seem pretty pointless on sites like tumblr and instagram where you can make tags and search just as efficiently #without #having #to #do #this.. but maybe they go with twitter as twitter doesn't have an ordinary tagging system.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)