• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
to xXscytherXx: Tutorials, well... I don't know, all I know is mainly because of the manuals this community had in the past, and manuals that WAH has (pretty cool to be a two languages person right?). But I'm writing a few things to help myself when hacking, that I may post when all of this is finished...

to BoyIsCool: And it'll still be the same map during B3... It's pretty easy to edit the world map in R/S/E, but I'm confused when it's about FR...

to Kriserice: That's one idea, since I want to dedicate to my uni during next year, I guess I won't be too active into hacking, but I'll try to help others.

to seto9008: I repeat it, I don't like cheaters, but there would some times when a cheat could be encouraged (for example, I'd suggest to use a code to make the Gyarados in Lake of Rage shiny, if you want it, I'd post the code when I release the B3)

to pkmn-master: The Lighthouse? Hmmm... I think I'm quite far already from that. But, not, the Gym Battle will be done in the Gym (I'm trying not to deviate from the original events)

In other news, finally the TR in Mahogany is finished. I never thought I'd have to do such a long script to reproduce the whole thing almost to perfection (well a 95% accurate, I think. You know how strict I am when it's about to be accurate... So it takes some time to do it) Now I want to replace my old Whirlpool script to be able to actually use the move Whirlpool as an out-of-battle move (kinda like I did with Headbutt, thanks to Sergio, once more...). How could you get the move Whirlpool? Well... It just happens that Lance, after defeating the Rockets, will kindly present you with a Clamperl which knows the move... (If you want another poke with the move, just catch one, or start to breed... Yes! Finally breeding has an interesting use!)

After that I'll start with the Gym. I want to put the slippery floor also, so I think I'll need the Ice Cave tileset. Well, I'll do that tomorrow, see ya guys!

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
Years
to xXscytherXx: Tutorials, well... I don't know, all I know is mainly because of the manuals this community had in the past, and manuals that WAH has (pretty cool to be a two languages person right?). But I'm writing a few things to help myself when hacking, that I may post when all of this is finished...

to BoyIsCool: And it'll still be the same map during B3... It's pretty easy to edit the world map in R/S/E, but I'm confused when it's about FR...

to Kriserice: That's one idea, since I want to dedicate to my uni during next year, I guess I won't be too active into hacking, but I'll try to help others.

to seto9008: I repeat it, I don't like cheaters, but there would some times when a cheat could be encouraged (for example, I'd suggest to use a code to make the Gyarados in Lake of Rage shiny, if you want it, I'd post the code when I release the B3)

to pkmn-master: The Lighthouse? Hmmm... I think I'm quite far already from that. But, not, the Gym Battle will be done in the Gym (I'm trying not to deviate from the original events)

In other news, finally the TR in Mahogany is finished. I never thought I'd have to do such a long script to reproduce the whole thing almost to perfection (well a 95% accurate, I think. You know how strict I am when it's about to be accurate... So it takes some time to do it) Now I want to replace my old Whirlpool script to be able to actually use the move Whirlpool as an out-of-battle move (kinda like I did with Headbutt, thanks to Sergio, once more...). How could you get the move Whirlpool? Well... It just happens that Lance, after defeating the Rockets, will kindly present you with a Clamperl which knows the move... (If you want another poke with the move, just catch one, or start to breed... Yes! Finally breeding has an interesting use!)

After that I'll start with the Gym. I want to put the slippery floor also, so I think I'll need the Ice Cave tileset. Well, I'll do that tomorrow, see ya guys!

Will clamperl be able to evolve? =P It's one of the overlooked trade evo poke, so just curious xD

Red

Pokémon Trainer
Years
How could you get the move Whirlpool? Well... It just happens that Lance, after defeating the Rockets, will kindly present you with a Clamperl which knows the move... (If you want another poke with the move, just catch one, or start to breed... Yes! Finally breeding has an interesting use!)
Well, that's kind of a harsh way to get whirlpool, considering it's an HM in the original gold. You should figure out a way to replace the dive hm with whirlpool.

Blackandy

Rock On!
Years
DIVE isn't a HM in FR, so that could be a problem if you vanted to change the DIVE HM wouldn't it. good luck with the Whirpool script Zel!:)

Red

Pokémon Trainer
Years
DIVE isn't a HM in FR, so that could be a problem if you vanted to change the DIVE HM wouldn't it. good luck with the Whirpool script Zel!:)
It's still an item in fr, just because you don't get it in the original game doesn't mean it's not in fr. If you got hm08 in fr, it would be dive. So, he could edit it. I bet there's a gameshark code you could use to get hm08 in fr, it works the same as hm08 in rse.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Red, I have already tried to make TMs teach you the move I wanted, and I even asked about it before, but I got the answer "We still don't know how to modify it". So, instead of wasting my time with that kind of things, I think it's more important that I keep on going, as I can. Don't you think? (Because I don't like to keep on trying to do a thing, fail, get frustrated, and forget about the hack for a while). That may be one of the reasons of me working so fast... ¿?
Also, who said I wanted to edit dive? *HINT*

And, about the Clamperl, it's one of the pokes I've modified its evo data. It think its a bit obvious how it evolves...

martijn

HeartGold & Collosseum
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 28, 2016
I'm very impressed with your hacking skills, zel! And for the slippery floor you could take a look at the Viridian Gym's tiles/script. I know you'd rather not answer this (right?) but could you perhaps give a approximate release date for the beta?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 6, 2024
I'm very impressed with your hacking skills, zel! And for the slippery floor you could take a look at the Viridian Gym's tiles/script. I know you'd rather not answer this (right?) but could you perhaps give a approximate release date for the beta?

A release date is not necessary. Because if he sets one, he will rush on SG and we don't want zel to be depressed with a lot of bugs,right? Take your time zel.

martijn

HeartGold & Collosseum
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 28, 2016
A release date is not necessary. Because if he sets one, he will rush on SG and we don't want zel to be depressed with a lot of bugs,right? Take your time zel.
I agree he shouldn't rush, since rushing never brought anything good. But I was just curious and nothing more. Btw, know the meaning of the word "approximate"? I added that word on purpose.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 6, 2024
I know, but it won't do good either because there will be lots of people will complain to him (maybe not us, but OTHER people) you know what I'm saying

Cursed

Godking Ragnarok CXVII
Years
Agreed. There's no point in forcing zel into making a final game in which something stupid happens because we rushed him.

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
Red, I have already tried to make TMs teach you the move I wanted, and I even asked about it before, but I got the answer "We still don't know how to modify it". So, instead of wasting my time with that kind of things, I think it's more important that I keep on going, as I can. Don't you think? (Because I don't like to keep on trying to do a thing, fail, get frustrated, and forget about the hack for a while). That may be one of the reasons of me working so fast... ¿?
Also, who said I wanted to edit dive? *HINT*

And, about the Clamperl, it's one of the pokes I've modified its evo data. It think its a bit obvious how it evolves...

Have you tried asking Scizz or one of those really advanced hackers? He/they might know something about TMs & HMs.

'Course if it'll get you no where and slow you down in your hacking then forget it...

Last edited:

fedex_sc_14

FeDeX
Years
Great! The idea of the Clamperl is great!
I'm impatient for the B3!
Well It's all! You're are doing a great work in the hack Zel!
Good Luck and Bye-Bye!

FlygonXS

Dragon Lord
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 2, 2007
What emulator do you use for this game?
visual boy deosent work

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
What emulator do you use for this game?
visual boy deosent work

Download the IPS patch then put it in the same directory as the original rom Zel is hacking (FireRed) and rename the IPS to EXACTLY what the original rom's name is then play the original rom and it'll be zel's hack. You use VBA for this hack as any Gameboy hack. If that doesn't work PM me.

Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2011
Zel, day and night is not pssible AT ALL, the reason is FR runs on a circuit board, and for you to try and implement day and night you would need to change it into a internal clock board which is to much work,even for you. Also the night time I discovered while hacking is a weather condition used in forest and for you to implement it you would need to add 2 weather condition in some maps due to you using some in some maps, which is not possible. Also GS had a system that is used for pallete changing which is activated at 6 AM/PM, now seeing as the 3rd gen hardware for pokemon games dosnt have that , that further more eliminates the chances of day and night.

So thus GSC day and night was not a weather condition, it was due to timed or should I say rigged map pallete changing.

Last edited:

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
Zel, day and night is not pssible AT ALL, the reason is FR runs on a circuit board, and for you to try and implement day and night you would need to change it into a internal clock board which is to much work,even for you. Also the night time I discovered while hacking is a weather condition used in forest and for you to implement it you would need to add 2 weather condition in some maps due to you using some in some maps, which is not possible. Also GS had a system that is used for pallete changing which is activated at 6 AM/PM, now seeing as the 3rd gen hardware for pokemon games dosnt have that , that further more eliminates the chances of day and night.

Damn... I loved day and night it just made the games so much more realistic... t'was so cool... Damn it game freak! Why can't you do day and night in all of your games? (I forgive the fact of R/B/Y not having day and night)

Okay, I'm better now.

Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2011
BTW before I get swarmed by poster asking if the red gyrados is possible comments, yes it is, only that you would have to look into his pokemon data, change it into a ingame event pokemon(like the legenday birds event) and modify it so it is always shiny, nothing hard =/.

Now for the lugia and ho-oh events, thats not had ether, all you have to do is take the navel rock event script for them and add them where they are needed.

If I can I will try and get the sappy files form emerald cause it has some midis you might need(GSC route midis,GSC saffron midi,Cystal legenday pokemon battle,)

And am I the only one that has any knowledge of the 3rd gen games and is trying to help Zel scripting wise, and to make it the best it can possible be. :\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back