• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen How will you feel if Gen V sucks?

RivalGator

I hate them all.
Years
Well, actually, the only time that I have ever really been that utterly happy with Pokemon was the G/S/C days. I was really, really let down with R/S/E and I was all right with P/D/P. I absolutely couldn't WAIT until HG/SS, I was even counting down the days in my head until it came out (I litterally woke up every morning saying, "30 days left!" =D) but it actually let me down due to the lack of things I thought it was going to have and how hard it was to actually train there in Johto. So I was a little let down.
So if B/W are a let down, I'm not really going to feel that much different from the others. I might lose more interest in Pokemon, but it's going to take me a while to turn my back completely on Pokemon. After what I saw what kind of job they could do with G/S/C I don't think I'll ever miss out. lol. The second I decide to drop out of the games forever they'll make the most amazing Pokemon game ever. lol.

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
Years
Considering that I have some of the lowest standards possible, unless the game is unplayable, and the text written by a four year old, I doubt I'll hate it. But if I do, then I'll press on. I won't really care.

(Oh, and by the way, 1st gen is my least favorite so far, just to let you know of my expectations a little bit. I guess I'm backwards.)

Storm_has_formed

"The Storm is here!!!"
Years
Considering that I have some of the lowest standards possible, unless the game is unplayable, and the text written by a four year old, I doubt I'll hate it. But if I do, then I'll press on. I won't really care.

I'm the same! I don't get why people think the developers owe them a good game or something, they always do try their best. I know i will find something amazing in any game i try, and it will be the same here!

StrickeN

The mighty force will Strike
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 7, 2010
I don't get why people hated D/P/Pt or R/S/E.

I liked them. The only thing I disliked about D/P/Pt was that it seemed to be a recycled story with more childish plot. But overall it was pretty damn cool.

B/W/ w.e will probably be on of their best, if what I"m seeing can be based on level of depth in the game. But who knows.

Either way, I don't see it killing my thrill for Pokes. I'm 17 and don't see myself stopping anytime soon. Heck, I even got half my school back into playing some of the classics, as I sit here playing FR (no it'snot a classic but w/e)

Pokemon is cool in a total. Lets just hope to god, they give Mew some life in it <3.

mew ftw, forever \o/

Bamboo Basara

Pokemon Historian
Years
All I care about is being able to catch, train and battle with Pokemon. It would be almost impossible for them to make me hate a game if I can still do that.

Thunderpunch

Pokemon Master
Years
I'm sure it's going to have alot of new features that will draw in fans. Remember, Gen 2 added 2 new types and breeding, Gen 3 added double battles, and Gen 4 added online play. I don't think Nintendo will disappoint us.

myrrh25

New account soon.
Years
I don't see why everyone hates RSE. :(
The Hoenn series was pretty much the best, most creative series in there. Whoever came up with the Dive and Braille Code ideas should be made Executive Designer of B&W. Also, each game had their own enemy team, Team Aqua & Team Magma, I for one saw creative awesomeness in this.

HOENN NEEDS MORE LOVE

If B&W are anything like the Hoenn series, I will buy both of them, and the 3rd game.
If B&W are anything like the Sinnoh series, I will shoot somebody.
So I hope they don't blow, judging by the starters 2/3 are the coolest ones yet. Water one is a Bidoof standing up.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 2, 2022
All gens have their good and their bad. Overall I expect Gen 5 to be awesome, and maybe even superior to Gen 4 (my favorite gen). Whether the game bombs or not will just be a matter of personal opinion. We all know that they will definitely sell well so it selling few copies is out of the question. Some people will like it, and some will hate it. I can see a lot of people coming on PC though saying how the pokemon were poorly designed in gen 5 and blah blah blah.

Some people just hold Nintendo to a standard so high that they can never truly be satisfied. Personally I don't consider myself too picky. Really all I ask for is a large region with plenty of features and things to before and after beating the main story and good pokemon. This is what pokemon really is about, the other stuff is just added perks that we've gotten over the years (though they're nice too ^^).

nkedwards90

As in notebook of chickens?
Years
  • Age 27
  • TN
  • Seen Nov 25, 2010
In correct order:

*scream*
*bash head into wall*
*HOSPITAL*
(Three Days Later)
*Plays Soulsilver and patiently waits for new Pokemon game*

ILoveDragonite

~~Do the wave~~
Years
you mean if it has that same old same old storyline??? I will stop playing pokemon period. If this generation doesn't have any fresh new storyline.... I'm gonna give up PERIOD.
You might want to change your custom title to unfaithful pokemon fan.
I would probably feel sad for about 3 seconds and the catch them all.
I don't see why everyone hates RSE. :(
The Hoenn series was pretty much the best, most creative series in there. Whoever came up with the Dive and Braille Code ideas should be made Executive Designer of B&W. Also, each game had their own enemy team, Team Aqua & Team Magma, I for one saw creative awesomeness in this.

HOENN NEEDS MORE LOVE

If B&W are anything like the Hoenn series, I will buy both of them, and the 3rd game.
If B&W are anything like the Sinnoh series, I will shoot somebody.
So I hope they don't blow, judging by the starters 2/3 are the coolest ones yet. Water one is a Bidoof standing up.

If you weren't a man i would kiss you.

Lady Weavile

Oh... Shiny..
Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2011
Disappointed. But not surprised. **** happens...
Like said before, I didn't like Gen IV, so if Gen V will suck, I will be dissappointed, but don't care.

Aureol

Kanto/Electric-Type Enthusiast
Years
Eh, I won't be surprised in the slightest. The gameplay has been getting better, but everything else has been on a decline.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 2, 2022
Disappointed. But not surprised. **** happens...
Like said before, I didn't like Gen IV, so if Gen V will suck, I will be dissappointed, but don't care.

For some reason this is my favorite post from this thread. Just keeping it real. Yeah sh!+ does happen and sometimes it turns out something wasn't as good as it was hyped to be. Disappointed? Yeah maybe, but will that stop me or others from playing? I doubt it.

Bunny69

Serious Buisness
Years
  • Seen Jul 15, 2010
It shouldn't be any worse than Gen. 4 (which was actually pretty good)

Back