The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Advance Generation

Notices

Advance Generation The hallmark of sprite-based Pokémon gaming, Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald set you off on an adventure in the watery Hoenn region with tons of diverse Pokémon to discover. Fans of Kanto can reexplore their favorite region in FireRed and LeafGreen. Here you'll find other fans who enjoy talking about the Pokémon, strategy, and techniques to master this generation.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 31st, 2014, 02:21 PM
khaozz

Nature: Timid

Advertise here
Isabella (Nidoqueen) simply wrecked Koga and his Gym. She even survived two Psychics from a Lv. 38 Hypno while only being two levels higher. What a boss!

After that, my team steamrolled through the rest of Silph Co. Nikola (Raichu) took down three of Gary's Pokémon, while Eric (Snorlax) took the leftovers. Eric then proceeded to crush Giovanni's Pokémon under his Thick Fat.

Next time on DBZ, I will either kick ass at the Fighting Dojo, or give Sabrina and her fellow Psychics a major headache.

Edit: @ Sven Yeah, Raichu's name is a reference to Nikola Tesla since Thomas Edison is too mainstream. All of my Pokémon's nicknames are either corny puns or references to the things they're based off of.

"The circumstances of ones' birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."
-Mewtwo

Last edited by khaozz; May 31st, 2014 at 03:25 PM.
Old May 31st, 2014, 02:49 PM
Sven

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by khaozz View Post
Isabella (Nidoqueen) simply wrecked Koga and his Gym. She even survived two Psychics from a Lv. 38 Hypno while only being two levels higher. What a boss!

After that, my team steamrolled through the rest of Silph Co. Nikola (Raichu) took down three of Gary's Pokémon, while Eric (Snorlax) took the leftovers. Eric then proceeded to crush Giovanni's Pokémon under his Thick Fat.

Next time on DBZ, I will either kick ass at the Fighting Dojo, or give Sabrina and her fellow Psychics a major headache.
Nice name for a raichu, I assume its a refference to Nikoa Tesla?
Old June 2nd, 2014, 01:39 AM
Syndrome10

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by khaozz View Post
My Pokemon are still a bit under-leveled for Koga, so I decided to try Silph Co. first.

Here's a question for you all. What floor order do you do when going in Silph Co.? I usually go straight to 5F, grab the Card Key, go back to 2F, then tackle all the grunts in floor order (all grunts in 2F, then all grunts in 3F, etc.). I usually leave Blue and Giovanni for last.
Me too, becaue I don't want to miss any grunts or items.
First level 100 Pokémon on Emerald: http://imgur.com/a/DN6ZL#0

Old June 3rd, 2014, 06:12 AM
khaozz

The Fighting Dojo was too easy. Then again, there's no way it wouldn't be easy when you have a slightly overleveled Charizard. After claiming and permaboxing Hitmonlee, the Saffron Gym was next.

I decided to let Eric (Snorlax) solo the Gym. He simply tanked everything like it was nothing and proceeded to demolish all. Everyone were pushovers except for the Channelers. Their ghosts were annoying as hell with Confuse Ray and Destiny Bond spam, but even they were no match for the fat beast. The Marshbadge may have just as well been handed to me at the door.

Next time, water routes, Cinnabar, and Seafoam Islands. I don't think I'll attempt to capture Articuno yet, though. Battling a level 50 legendary with a team of Pokémon at levels 40-44 just doesn't sound like a good idea to me.

"The circumstances of ones' birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."
-Mewtwo

Old June 20th, 2014, 03:32 PM
Pepperton
arf

Send a message via Skype™ to Pepperton
Man, my encounter with Flannery was trivial. So, my team consisted of a newly evolved Sceptile and a Lairon not far behind him in level. The rest of my team are available later in the game, so that's all I had. Granted, neither were good match-ups with Fire-type Pokemon, but because they were the only Pokemon on my team up to that point, they were pretty high level, so I thought they could get the job done. After getting destroyed by Torkoal's Overheat at least twenty times and wasting over an hour, I decided to literally catch scapegoats to use as death fodder so Torkoal would eat its berry and use Overheat to kill them off, and get the stats drop so Lairon could clean up after. Thankfully, it worked, and at last, I can move on. n__n;
Old June 20th, 2014, 07:12 PM
Odie
Indigo League Champ

Nature: Bashful
Cool thread.

Currently playing Fire Red. I have been in the safari zone since god knows when, trying to find a freaking lucky egg. I have got 16 chanseys, 16 of those pink egg shaped sons of pickles. I'm tempted to start over but I really want that egg. Anyway my current team is:
Blastoise lvl44
Growlithe lvl45

That's really it. Most of the Pokemon I want weren't available until now. I will add a snorlax, exxegutor (sp?), and a dragonair. I want the lucky egg mostly for dragonair.
Old June 21st, 2014, 06:03 AM
khaozz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odie View Post
Cool thread.

Currently playing Fire Red. I have been in the safari zone since god knows when, trying to find a freaking lucky egg. I have got 16 chanseys, 16 of those pink egg shaped sons of pickles. I'm tempted to start over but I really want that egg. Anyway my current team is:
Blastoise lvl44
Growlithe lvl45

That's really it. Most of the Pokemon I want weren't available until now. I will add a snorlax, exxegutor (sp?), and a dragonair. I want the lucky egg mostly for dragonair.
Oh god. This brings back some bad memories. I spent about a month in the Safari Zone looking for a Lucky Egg as well. I ran into TWO shinies. Both ran away. Although it was agonizing, persistence paid off in the end. I finally got the Lucky Egg.

I really feel bad for Blaine. He can never be a difficult Gym Leader since he is completely countered by what happens to be the only way to reach Cinnabar Island in the first place. Chelsea (Vaporeon) simply crushed the Gym. In fact, the only damage she took from the Gym was from a Vulpix's Quick Attack.

I'm just about to enter Mt. Ember and take out the trainers there (leaving Moltres for later, though) before going into Two Island. I'm still trying to decide whether teaching Blast Burn to Charles is worth it or not.

-Mewtwo

Old June 22nd, 2014, 05:36 AM
Absolus

Currently doing a Flying montype run of Pokemon Emerald. I'm up to Wattson, my greatest adversary. I have a level 30 swellow and pelipper, who can just about take out the first 3 of Wattson's Pokemon without fainting, but here's the catch. His final pokemon is Magneton. The only move I have which does any decent amount of damage to it is water gun. Pelipper ha s a 4x weakness to all his electric attacks. Current situation: D:

Challenges: Pokemon Emerald Monotype run (Completed) - 06/07/14
Pokemon Leaf Green Yellow Mono-Colour run (Badges 8/8 - Preparing for Pkmn League)

Avatar by: http://silvishinystar.deviantart.com/
Old June 23rd, 2014, 07:24 AM
Cornflowerblues
Waterdancer
Community Supporter

Happily surfing route 107 in Sapphire like a boss, just ran into the sleepy dude who keeps snoozing off on the middle of the ocean.

Finally obtained HM03, so the fun finally begins.
Old July 4th, 2014, 07:10 AM
fatalityblow151
The friendless

Nature: Lonely
Oh god i am going to be crazy!! I just choosed my starter, torchic and it was SHINYYYY I am so happpy
Old July 4th, 2014, 03:31 PM
Peter Quill
Star-Lord, Legendary Outlaw

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatalityblow151 View Post
Oh god i am going to be crazy!! I just choosed my starter, torchic and it was SHINYYYY I am so happpy

Wow! That's lucky :D
I also caught a Shiny Ralts the other day. I started a new game for the Random Pokemon Challenge and found one while grinding.

Louiecario in Miiverse | Click Kyogre to visit my gallery!
Old July 4th, 2014, 07:08 PM
fatalityblow151
The friendless

Nature: Lonely
Shiny Ralts!!!! I really wanted one!! I found one about a year ago, but i accidently killed it.
Old July 4th, 2014, 11:35 PM
TheAmazingSpiderMan
Aka Ansirent

Nature: Gentle
Woow fatlity really ? you choosed torchic and it was shiny ? huh ??? I don't believe it.

I just finished fire red again ! and its 13th time of me now.

Woow fatlity really ? you choosed torchic and it was shiny ? huh ??? I don't believe it.

I just finished fire red again ! and its 13th time of me now.
Old July 6th, 2014, 07:11 AM
Poog

So when i was in the 3rd grade i got Sapphire, my first pokemon game, and I discovered the ultimate pokemon. It was my spirit pokemon. It was also my favorite type (Grass)! This pokemon was shroomish.
That monobrow, the short plump figure, the always frowning upside down v, the lumps it has, the odd circles for legs. It was funny and absorbed the crap out of my foes! When it got to level 23 i was shocked it started to evolve! I did not let it. about 15 times later me trying to evolve it i finally find an item named an everstone! i gave it to shroomish, and all was well. I beat the elite 4 with my level 65 shroomish and i trained it to become a level 100 shroomish. So yes, I do infact have a level 100 shroomish
Old July 11th, 2014, 07:10 AM
The Sceptile King
Just came back from a break!

Nature: Lax
Hey, guys, I have recently started my journey through 5 different games to complete the 3rd gen pokedex. I started in the game that got me interested into pokemon, Emerald. I will be catching everything I can in Emerald, and won't be catching things such as Zangoose, Lunatone, Meditite, and Surskit. Other things I won't be catching are things I can only get one of the two of; such as Huntail and Gorebyss, Latios and Latias etc...

I started my journey with mudkip, switching it up from the usual Treecko. and killed may. I then got the pokedex and some pokeballs, which are vital to the goal of this particular journey. I then went and caught a Poochyena, and decided that I would add this nice looking dog to the actual team, and not something I use as a means to complete the pokedex. I would like to do this, but since there are 200 pokemon in the hoenn pokedex, and only 6 slots in my party, I realized that the majority of the pokemon I catch would have to exist in only a box in my computer. After I caught a poochyena, I trained him up to a high level for the area's standards, and caught some more pokemon. I caught two wurmple, a lotad, wingull, and a ralts. I did see a seedot, which has a 1% of finding it, but alas, a tackle from the pooch killed it because of a critical hit. After I did the tutorial things with wally, I went onto the route with Mr. Briny's cottage. I then saw a tailow and a marill, both are valuable pokemon, but I gave them up to the box to be trained at a later date. after defeating the two trainers on the route, I progressed to the forest, which has two new pokemon, Shroomish and Slakoth, both of which I caught with ease. I then headed to Rusboro city, and immediately headed east for the route which has 1,000,000 trainers. I caught a nincada, whismur, and I think I caught an abra, but the Gameboy might have died before I got the chance to save. But that is where I ended my journey.

tl;dr Caught alotta pokemon, and got to the route east of rusboro

Team:

Mudkip
level 10

Tackle
Growl
Mud Slap
Water Gun

Poochyena
Level 10

Tackle
Howl
Sand Attack

Pokedex - A whole lotta stuff/186

X Water Montype Challenge 4/8
Old 3 Weeks Ago, 12:15 PM
Sven

Nature: Relaxed
Elite four finally beaten! My team

Out of all games I've played, this is probably my favorite team. Unfortunately I sort of just blew through the game cos I played through Hoenn sooo many times, and the main mission in this run is to get all the valuable items with Master ball being on the top of the list so I can clone all of it, plus Pokemon.

Nevertheless, I really enjoyed the game and will definitely continue playing it every now and then.

I also had a lot of luck playing through the game. Basically, Jolteon is the only high leveled Pokemon (around 60) With Sharpedo (50) and Aggron (48) following it. The rest were underleveled but important anyway.

Sharpedo was amazing, it sweeped most of the Elite four. The Dark, Ghost and Dragon elite four members were mostly sweeped by him. Ice and Champion were literally OHKO-ed by manectric. Without just one of them I'd had no chance. Anyway, I just wanted to write a summary of my Elite Four adventure.

Love this team, this region, and this game (Emerald).
Old 3 Weeks Ago, 10:14 AM
encas
Don't tread on me.

Nature: Quirky
Currently, I'm playing Pokémon Emerald. Although I reached the end of Victory Road, I began to get sick of level grinding my main squad in preparation for the Elite 4.

Instead, I have been filling up my Pokedex. So far, I have encountered 167 species, and I have full data on 139 of them, with Wailord being my latest capture. I've been working on obtaining whatever Pokemon I can for a while now; I've already traded over the two starters I didn't pick, any species that cannot be found in the wild in Emerald (like Roselia or Meditite), and anything else that I can't get for whatever reason,including a Clamperl holding a Deepseascale. Also, since my internal battery has died, I had to trade over a spare Snorunt from my Sapphire.

Thankfully, I have two link cables between my boyfriend and I, so I'll try to obtain the rest of the trade-induced evolutions when I see him tomorrow. I think that would be Golem, Alakazam and Kingdra by now?

Platinum FC: 4297 2075 6241
Old 3 Weeks Ago, 11:49 AM
The Serious Table
Can't touch this

Nature: Calm
Playing pokemon emerald again for the first time in 5 years. XD

Paired with plyrain
Old 2 Weeks Ago, 05:43 PM
Tetra
faraway island
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
So, I'll move it to here as I'm kinda describing more of what's happening in my playthrough instead of talking about me team. So, what I did today:

I managed to do the Peeko event. I also caught a lovely Male Nincada in the Great Ball that you are given! I named it Radiance for no apparent reason. (name sux right) My Treecko was pretty close to evolving too. I put it in the lead for a while, and kinda grinded in the grass just before Rusturf Tunnel. I did evolve it! I now have a Level 16 Grovyle called "Columbus". Pretty cool name, huh? It's what I called my Tepig in White 2. Don't ask why :P

I quickly go through the woods and onto the ship! Once I get to Dewford, I hit the sailor there and he gives me a sweet nifty Old Rod. What, to catch Magikarps? Heh. I head to Granite Cave and get that Rock Smash TM or whatever. First encounter is a freaking Abra. I catch it suprisingly, and like a derp... I forgot to give it a nickname. fffff

So, then I remember I forgot to get Cut from the master in Rustboro. Nevermind, I'll get it later. It's not so useful right now, RIGHT? I teach Flash to Abra, and I proceed to the lower levels. I pretty much encountered every Pokémon except Sableye, which really sucked. I also caught an Aron and called it "doofus" for no reason. Just a slot filler for now, I guess. hehe

And I saved just in front of Steven. Tomorrow I'll play a little more and I'll repeat what I did onto here ^_^
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here