• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Which Sinnoh starter did you pick (and why)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmyTheOddball

Aspiring Author
Years
I chose Turtwig. There were two reasons why:

1) Everyone who got the game that I knew had chosen Chimchar (because of Infernape) or Piplup (because of Empoleon) and I wanted to be different!

2) I genuinely thought he was cute.

Little Turtwig eventually became Torterra and remains to be one of my favourite Pokemon. He was first Pokemon I had ever obtained in a Pokemon game :3

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
Piplup. Why? Because penguins, that's why!
I've now used them all, and I actually like them all, at all their evolutionary stages (Prinplup is probably my least favourite for some reason, and it's not like I dislike it in any way). Turtwig is the one I use less though, due to the presence of Roserade and Leafeon in DPPt.

Years
I chose Piplup for my first play through because penguins are one of my favourite animals. I have used all of them though and I think the one I actually found the most fun was probably Turtwig, due to how different it felt to use from Piplup and Chimchar.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
I've played through the game with all of them but my favourite was probably the penguins. Turtwig was a pretty big change from my playstyle and I hadn't even used a grass type prior to Turtwig, so didn't really like using him. I did enjoy playing Infernape but I enjoyed Empoleon more because penguins. and anything you can name ridiculous stuff like icanfly is pretty op. the only genius name I came up with for Infernape was some monkey from a chinese movie so it wasn't that impressive. anyway I've chosen Empoleon way more than the other two, so I'm going with Piplup. :]

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
We already have a thread for this right over...here! next time try searching for a thread before posting just to make sure you don't post a thread about a topic already being discussed.

Oh and btw, I chose Totodile in HGSS and Piplup in DPPt. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back