• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fave RTS/TBS units

TY

This thread is all about RTS and TBS units (infantry, aircraft, and so on...).

So what are your favorite ones and why?
Also tell us about your least favorite ones, and why you dont really like them?

For me, i used to say i hate the Protoss Colossus in StarCraft 2, but now i adore it. The range upgrade makes it a phenomonal support unit though its still weak against aircraft, but with some good units to tank damage it will be a vital part of your army.

I adore the Protoss Oracle. Its a fast harassment unit that is used to kill workers almost instantly. Its speed allows you to escape quickly. Though its attack costs energy and its a energy-based aircraft, its one of the most OP units i've ever seen.

Also i am a huge fan of the Allied Battle Fortress in Red Alert 2, you could hide in 5 infantry of any type and they would shoot out of the Battle Fortress aswell. Used properly these guys are unstoppable.

Then we have the GDI Juggernaut in Tiberian Sun. This artillery mech has to be deployed before it can fire, but its range... It is so good for offence, harass and defence.. Its an all-round awesome unit.

Knight in Age of Empires II. I felt like this guy was OP, nothing could stop them from killing everyone except Pikeman which no one ever made. They are pretty expensive to make though.

So what about yours?

Last edited:

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
In Civ 5 I enjoyed the Aircraft Carrier, popping some nukes on there, get all up in ur base and start raining radioactive hell. Victory, everlasting.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
Bloodthirsters from Warhammer 40K Dawn Of War. They are like a mega diablo beast and they look sick as hell. They can really deal some damage and stuff.

Years
I enjoyed using the MG42 in Company of Heroes. Against infantry squads it is unstoppable and will put them out of combat effectiveness within seconds. A defensive weapon, it can be a good area denial weapon early game. You can cut off map access in one part to focus your efforts on another.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Do turn based strategy games count?
Fighters.gif

Fighter - Advance Wars

I love the buggers. They're so good. They're better than anti-airs and are basically unstoppable in that regard. Their only flaw is that they can't hit land units, but it doesn't matter since plenty units do anyway.

TY

Fighters.gif

Fighter - Advance Wars

I love the buggers. They're so good. They're better than anti-airs and are basically unstoppable in that regard. Their only flaw is that they can't hit land units, but it doesn't matter since plenty units do anyway.

Well with TBS i meant Turn Based Strategy games so yeah they do count ^^

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
I'm just going to mention Socii Equites Extraordinarii because I love their name.

Do turn based strategy games count?
Fighters.gif

Fighter - Advance Wars

Did you ever try the Sea Plane in Days of Ruin/Dark Conflict? Basically the Mega Tank of air units, able to attack every unit type except submerged subs with a good degree of success. Their only limitations are logistical in that they can only be built by Carriers (which were heavily nerfed since AWDS) and only carry 3 ammo.

TY

Recently got Kane's Wrath for PC and there is this one new unit that made me soooooo happy...

CNCKW_Redeemer_Rocket_Turret.jpg

The NOD Redeemer.

NOD's new heroric unit is a walker with a laser beam and its just unstoppable. It has two ports of infantry to hop in and upgrade it, so add on a Engineer for some auto-repairing and a Black Hand for anti-infantry flamethrowers and this thing is unstoppable on his own (unless the enemy got aircraft).

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Weeeeell, this is a little predictable from my part, but, my favourite units from Turn based games would have to be the war units from the Fire Emblem series, also mostly due to the fact that I'm not really familiar with much else. Dx To be more specific:

3206.gif
- typical horse rider units, or in specific terms, Paladins or Dark Riders or Cavaliers, etc. They're pretty mobile, and I like using them to perform specific tasks like rescue unarms units, or guide someone to safety, etc.

3208.gif
3185.gif
- Rangers are also horseback riders, buuuut in their case, I do like their range of weapons, swords and bows, because they create a great variety of killing multiple enemy units!

3205.gif
- Dancers are really helpful units that help you get more turns if, say, you made a mistake controlling a unit the first got around. Dancers can let you move again! Plus I do like the majority of the Dancers from Fire Emblem, soooo. Yeah.

There are loooads more I want to mention like Dragon Knights, Mages, and Technicians, but, that's for another time!

Lord Scalgon

I'm just here so I won't get fined.
Years
Favorite: Dark Templars (StarCraft series). Mainly to piss other people off for the lulz.

Least: Deviators (Dune series). Yeah, they temporarily brainwash other opposing units, but unless you exploit the enemies you control, they're pretty crap.

Back