• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Harvest Moon Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
Years
That totally reminds me of the Harvest Moon 64 map. Includes a happy little pavillion for festivals or just to sit and think under cherry blossoms~

My character (Almond) pretty much likes everyone that stays at the Inn, but then again she can establish a relationship with anyone gossipy or lighthearted~

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
Yaaaay, I told you we should do the HM64 map Davi-kun. ;3

Anyway, I don't think I'll be handing any Relationships to Geote. :< He doesn't socialize nor does he like people. But he's usually found in the inn during the day and the bar during the night, because that's where the most 'city news' passes by. Unless he's at the beach. ;3

As for Lynn... :/ Dunno. Lulz,

Lynn & Korin = Mortal enemies. *shot* [/no cooking animulz plz.]

As for the rest, well. :/ There aren't many people who are apart of the basic occupational flow of Harvest Moon, you know? D: There's no Florist, there's no Carpenter, there's no Mayor, there's no Priest, there's no Tool Shop Owner, there's no Bartender there's no Bakery, etc etc.

:< Are they all going to be NPC's?

And, if this town is dying, and needs tourists, why in good god do we have so many entertainers?

Beatrice

OH DESIRE
Years
Well, I guess you could say that Aria might as well do something if she's going to be at the village, so she could be a bartender and help out Almond as well. Honestly, I was thinking the same thing about the entertainers; one would think they'd all be in the city..o.o Anyway, I would assume they'd be NPC's, you don't do much as Priest >:

Or maybe the NPCs could be the same NPCs that were in Harvest Moon 64! That's a good solution to that, I think.

As far as Aria's relationships go, she's not really friendly with anyone; not even her stepsister because she's so introverted. She'll be either at the beach or in the pavillion writing or helping her sister do odds and ends. She'll be interested in anyone who likes literature though (b'-')b

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
Well, can I assume that everyone's at least played

HM:SNES? I mean. It was like, the original. x_x;;

And, have you played Friends of Mineral Town? :O The NPC's in Mineral Town and 64 are essentially the same, just with different occupations.

Florist problem : Solved.

Name: Anna Kalinder

Appearance: The first thing to notice about Anna is her vibrant eyes that appear to be a vivid shade of lavender. Though they look slightly sleepy and droopy, they give Anna a very kind aura, her smile gentle and warmed by these eyes. Her hair is an ashen black color, a dark gray if you will. It is kept long, a few inches past the small of her back, while her bangs are cut across her eyebrows, a white headband normally found sitting on her hair. Anna is almost always clad in a white sundress, with a square collar and thick straps. The skirt ends just past her knees, and has a very delicate lace-like design around the bottom hem. She wears a pale lavender waist apron when she's working, and also wears a pair of plain white sandal clogs. Though she's 19 years old, Anna is very easily mistaken as a 16 year old, due to her slightly petite build. Two silver bangles clank against each other on her wrist whenever she moves her arm. When it gets cold, however, Anna opts to don a pair of black tights, and a pale lavender long sleeved dress with wide sleeves. Thick white lines wrap around the hem of the skirt, sleeves, and around the collar, while a long black skinny scarf is wrapped around her neck. She's almost always wearing large white hoop earrings, and has a very wide range of perfumes made from flowers and fruits.

Though she helps out at the pub and is the bartender's daughter, she has a habit of being extremely wary of dirty things, alcohol included. Though she does wear a waist apron, she becomes extremely frightened if it is dirtied, and only accepts that her white bib and waist apron be allowed to be stained or such. She always has a pair of black gloves on her person, these gloves to protect her hands just in case she has to work on something not quite as clean as she'd like it. Anna's hands look as if they haven't seen a day's worth of work, her nails perfect with a layer of clear nailpolish on top to strengthen them, and soft skin that is clear of any sort of blemish.

Personality: Though Anna appears to be quite the fragile person, this is the only thing holding her back. Her body isn't quite made for adventure, but her mind would give anything to experience the breeze at the top of a tree, or the feeling of cool water all over your body as you swim. But Anna has a sensible mind, and she knows point blank that her health would never allow her to do these things. She has a tendency to worry about things to the point where she becomes hysterical, with nobody being able to calm her down at all. And though she is almost never caught without a smile on her face, Anna can be extremely hard to please. She is extremely picky in what she eats- Refusing to eat meat, like her friend, and with a tongue that dislikes sweets, it's a challenge to cook for Anna at all. She gives off the attitude that she's a pushover and is kind and giving, because this is all that her body, which is fragile and weak, can permit her to do. Frustrated, she often refuses medicine, and stays at Lynn's house to avoid it. Though she dislikes it, Anna is often reading, as it's the only way she can find to experience adventures, even basic ones like straying out of town. Anna honestly resents most everything in her life, though prefers to make it out that she loves everything about it, and would never give it up for a different one. She is a master at weaving lies to give others moral support and other similar things.

Anna is quite frightening when she loses her temper, however rare it is. During these instances, she ends up throwing a temper tantrum, no matter how small the matter is, and like when she becomes worried, is impossible to calm down. Screaming, crying, and violent quaking are almost always apart of these tantrums, as it's usually the moment in which all the frustration at her life that has been bottled up is released, all at once. Anna is actually quite childish, and rather annoyingly innocent.

History:

Relationships: Lynn - - Best Friend
Leon - - Friend

-----

Performer (Asch)
Performer (Asch)
Performer (Rena)
Performer (Stardust-Kumo)
Performer (Pipluper)
Chef (Phanima)
Bartender (Mizz)
Shipper (Mizz)
Livestock Dealer (Mizz)
Author (Saber)
Inn Keeper (Chibi)
Florist (Alter Ego)

Did I miss anyone? :<

Last edited:

YoshiRiRu

xX~Lord of the Storm~Xx
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 27, 2016
Wow. Count me in! I love HM. ^^

As for the town situation, I think that it'd be best to use either the HM64 or the Mineral Town map. Those are probably the best suited for what we're going to be doing. The AWL/DS town is just too.. egh. And we may not even need the whole town; we might as well just make up our own town. With all the fabulous graphic artists here, I doubt it'd be much trouble to just whip something up.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Actually, I claimed dibs on florist. Meanie mods swiping other people's spots...*Pout* :< But fine, you'll just have to tolerate my character's presence, though, 'cause I'm not giving up both. =O Oh, and I guess I could do the toolshop person, unless someone else is coveting that position too?

Name: Cecil Aegisfield
Appearance: Pretty much average height-wise, Cecil's body is rather thinly built with long, slender fingers well suited for precision work and long legs which make him look slightly taller than he really is while standing. His skin is fairly light, although his hands usually have a brownish or greenish tinge to them due to his chosen profession. His eyes are light brown, accompanied by a thin pair of horn-rimmed glasses, and usually at least partially obscured by the mop of chestnut-colored hair that occupies the top of his head and his nose is strangely flat at the front, as if it had been broken and then healed in a slightly wrong direction - Cecil himself doesn't wish to comment on this particular feature, however, and besides this particular quality he's pretty average-looking as males in the town go.

When it comes to clothes, Cecil usually wears a shamrock green shirt accompanied by a pair of standard denim color jeans, although these garments are usually covered by a set of worn clothes to protect him the garments from the dirt that is all too often encountered in his profession. His shoes are little more than a pair of worn sneakers, although in the cold seasons he exchanges them for a pair of thick boots and pulls on a warm jacket.

Personality: A bit of a pushover by nature, Cecil has a highly developed sense of guilt which makes him an easy scapegoat for anyone unscrupulous enough to exploit this weakness. He always tries his best to get along with those around him, even if he really hates them, and is usually the first to apologize and start mediations when arguments get out of hand. Cecil is not completely spineless, however, even though his behavior sometimes gives this impression. In matters that are truly important to him, he is persistent and unyielding to the point of obsession, and although he always seems to be happy with a pleasant smile on his face, this is usually because he keeps all other emotions bottled up. To Cecil's mind, his concerns and personal grudges are his business which he shouldn't burden anyone else with. He is, however, something of a busybody; trying to take care of anyone and everyone he cares about, and is actually quite skilled in tending to smaller injuries, although this skill doesn't even compare to his ability to care for plants.

Overall, Cecil is a mellow and agreeable type of person, but on the very rare occasions that he does lose his temper it is best to simply leave him alone, a few hours of gathering his composure usually being all it takes before he comes back with an apology. He's actually quite social and talkative, although he has trouble starting a conversation about most things besides his one true passion in life: flowers. During festivals he can usually be found on the sidelines, enjoying the atmosphere of the event, even though he usually choses not to actively participate.

Somewhat withdrawn by nature, on the times when he's not working at the shop, Cecil can be found strolling around town (usually at a polite distance from most people), lost in his thoughts, or in the surrounding wilderness on one of his many searches for new plant strains to cultivate. During his strolls, he doesn't really avoid the company of others per-say, he simply isn't actively searching for it.

History: It all started as an idyll; the union of the hard-working carpenter and a young woman who had sought to flee the stress of big city life for a more peaceful one in countryside, the few idyllic years spent together with their son and, soon, daughter as well. Unfortunately, few idylls last a lifetime. Five years after Cecil's birth, the relationship between his parents grew increasingly strained. As the conflict escalated, Cecil became increasingly torn in loyalty between his father and mother, both of whom, it seemed, had begun looking at him and his younger sister - Claire - as little more than tugs of war. The boy tried his best to mediate between the two, but it did little but delay the inevitable: a few years later, Cecil's mother simply took her divorce money and left, never to be heard from again, something for which Cecil still blames himself. After the divorce, Cecil's father grew increasingly bitter and introverted, spending less and less time at the shop and more and more at the local bar, soon building up a tab he couldn't manage alone. It's a public secret that it was actually the Aegisfield siblings that kept the family standing for the last few years of Aegisfield senior's life, Claire taking up the carpenter's trade in her father's place while Cecil sought a career of doing what he loved most: tending to plants. Unfortunately, this turn of events did very little for Aegisfield Sr's already wounded pride, and it soon became a regular argument in the household. To his father's mind, Cecil's choice of career was a direct insult to everything he stood for and a betrayal of his old man, while Cecil remained unusually adamant in his decision. The bitter argument never had a proper resolution; Cecil's father died soon after the boy turned seventeen, leaving him with self-blame for life, even as the inheritance of the shop was - by mutual agreement - handed to Claire.

Relationships: Claire - Younger sister

Finish later...sorry, but I've been force-recruited for carrying help. :3 I'll also have the sister's profile up then, so until then: NO CARPENTERS PLEASE. Thank you. ^-^

Last edited:

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
Years
Quick question here...Do we even have a farmer? o.0;
At first I thought someone was going to leap to that, but I guess not. I'm still kind of wondering how everyone's going to interact with each other if they have a store to run; but I guess it'll work it's way out.

Phanima

That servant of the evil one
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 11, 2011
I guess we use this thread to establish our characters and their professions, then from that, decide who knows who and can make up some back story of some kind to support those relationships.

The farmer position completely left my attention. Strange.

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
Years
This may sound stupid, but I have a suggestion on how to work this RP. The first post each day should have like a big Spring 1 Monday at the top, and then the next first post of the next day in real life would say Spring 2 Tuesday or whatever at the top and so on. This is sorta boring to do, but we can schedule festivals accordingly. It's just a suggestion so I don't think many people will support this. XD

Phanima

That servant of the evil one
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 11, 2011
Don't find flaws in your own suggestions, that's for us to do, and makes it look like spam. All suggestions are welcomed, or should be if they're not.

Anyway, in relation to your idea, I like it, in the sense that it maintains the game's schedule in a way that's logical, kind of. Since so many of us live in different countries, it'd be hard to specify who would be the first post of the day in accordance to PC's time. Of course, you can remedy this by just editing the post when you see the time, but then again, you'd have to edit your post in relation to going to sleep and waking up and so on.

Also, does this town have a name, because I was just finishing the history for my character and included him moving to this town, but realised I don't know the name of it. Any ideas?

Beatrice

OH DESIRE
Years
The problem I see with that is generally the time frames. If person A is having a conversation with person B, and person B can't respond until tomorrow and person C makes it the next day, then what happens to that conversation? I don't think that people could balance out the time when they're interacting with each other and they aren't on at the same time. Time's a good thing to worry about I guess, but honestly, I'm not sure if the RP will go that fast to need. it. =\

The only name I remember for a HM village is Forget-Me-Not.

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
Awww. D: My apologies AE, I totally missed that! I'll change it, no problem~ <3 How about... :< Eh. Waitress should be fine.

So now we've got ourselves a bartender too. :3

Anyway, YoshiRiRu could be our farmer if he's up to it. I'm not entirely sure if he is though.

Names: Hahaha, wow. That's like, what I suck at the most. Ummm...

Time Frame: Er, I don't really agree. I think everyone can hail to the fact that RP's at PC do not move quickly, thus, by the end of the fifth week in real life, we'll only be on like, the second day. :< Although I couldn't give an alternate suggestion to it, so... :/

I updated that list of taken occupations on the page before this, but that's just assuming that everyone gets accepted.

Stardust-Kumo: Puppeteer named Sasori? :< Are you looking for a Naruto RP? *shot* Hahaha, ignore that. Anyway, I think you should try for something more original, but that's just my opinion.

Last edited:

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
Years
So will we use the Harvest Moon 64 map? I don't see any places we really need to add you know; we could turn the bakery into a restaurant, so that would work out.
Oh, the name of the Harvest Moon 64 town was Flower Bud, fyi.

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
Years
Unless someone wants to write up a nice big description of the HM64 map, there will be problems using it. Not everyone has played, nor are they familiar with HM64 (me included).

If we really need a farmer, I can exchange Sierra for one. I just threw her in as an extra anyways.

The day per day thing wouldn't work. Most people here only have a chance to make an RP post once or twice a day, so there is no way in heck we'd be able to make that work. XD

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
Years
:laugh: that's why I said you wouldn't really like it. Cuz it really doesn't work for most people's schedules. Anyways, how are we gonna plan events then? Do we just post like in a OOC when or should we have the towns people mention it in their conversations? I'm trying to think of a girl character that will later get married to Steven, but I can't think of a good name. Right now I'm looking at Emily, Amanda, or Ashley.

Edit: Maybe Kelly.........I like too many names. Someone tell me which one I should choose and first person to say one of the names gets to choose completely so it's like a one vote poll. XD

Choices:
Emily
Amanda
Ashley
Kelly

Last edited:

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
Years
I'll give you all a walkthrough of the village, courtesy of Cheeb. :3

13b730b0.jpg

Enlarged View:

A: This is the Town Square. Pretty mucha concrete pavillion that's surrounded by cherry trees with a fountain at the end. Used for festivals and such.
B: This is the typical HM Bar/Inn- *actually for this, on the inside, I image a Mineral town visual...a.k.a a two floor Inn that looks like a bar on the bottom floor*
C: This is the Church. It has a pretty organ inside :3
D: This is the Flower Shop. It has seeds and flowers and stuff.
E: This is the Tool Shop. For...tools.
F: This is the restaurant. It was a Bakery in HM64, but might as well turn it into the restaurant.
G: This is the Mayor's house.
H: This is the library.
I: The Midwife lives here. Or someone else could; *shrugs*
J: This is the Potion Shop.

bigmap.jpg

Really Big Map

Top North: A mountain trail. There's a spa up there and a house.
North: A waterfall, a pond, and a little area in the forest. The harvest godess supposedly lives in the small pond to the northwest.
MiddleNorth?: That's a vineyard.
East Farm: A farm.
South Farm: Livestock Seller's farm
SouthEast: That's the beach.
SouthWest: That's the racetrack.

*whew*

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back