• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] F2P Pokemon Style Monster MMORPG Review - Also Looking For Volunteer Artists

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
Wow. your designs are AMAZING. the best i've seen.

destinedjagold;6970773[B said:
][/B]
Anyway, I think you should change some things which are a bit identical to POKéMON, just to avoid some conflict in the near future. =/
Maybe change the Ground type into Land type, or soil type, dunno... x,x

But anyway, keep it up! :)

Nah, no need to rename ground type, it's not like nintendo owns that. lots of games have stuff that pokemon uses. Nearly all RPGs have elemental types etc.

All you need to worry about is using nintendo assets (graphics, sounds etc) and trademarked names.

MonsterMMORPG

Monster Game Developer
Years
Wow. your designs are AMAZING. the best i've seen.

Nah, no need to rename ground type, it's not like nintendo owns that. lots of games have stuff that pokemon uses. Nearly all RPGs have elemental types etc.

All you need to worry about is using nintendo assets (graphics, sounds etc) and trademarked names.

Probably i have hired the best person on DA for new monsters :)

And thanks a lot for great feedback. We do not use any trademarked names, no sound and no official graphics though our game style similar to Pokemon.

xdanx

But you can call me Dan :)
Years
  • Seen Jul 25, 2012
Boring. Sorry but I can't describe it any other way. I played it and after 15 minutes I was already bored. Why? because it's almost exactly the same that so many pokemon games already seen, but a lot of the creatures I find them quite unoriginal and ugly. That's because it is yet another pokemon clone, and usually, pokemon clones have creatures whose design is too complicated and some times realistic, which simply doesn't fit with that kind of gameplay.

I also don't like website design, colors and buttons aren't the best. I guess you will be changing a lot of things, but to be frank, I wouldn't waste more time playing the game as it is.

Anyway an advice, if you don't want it to be closed, not only make sure you don't have any copyrighted material, stop promoting it as a pokemon-style game too. They don't need you to use their material to be able to cause you troubles. Direct copies are also punishable by the law, and this game isn't precisely going by unnoticed, specially if you describe it as a pokemon-style game. Don't take this in a bad way, but if you need to use Pokemon's fame to make your game well-known, then you have to think why are you wasting your time. If your game can't be good enough to create its own fame and get fans by itself, then there's no reason to keep doing it.

Anyway you probably won't care about my comment, not even to believe something of what I have said, and you may even think "this is a troll". Do it if you want, but believe me, kid's flattery won't make your game better, real and serious critiques will.

Anyway, who cares right? if people plays the game, why bother changing anything? isn't that's how "game developers" think this days?

Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2016
Looks actually cool, some of the monsters don't look that great but the starters you posted look boss! A more gritty game/ art design is something i have always said is desperately needed for these games.

I just tried to sign up and saw the starters you can choose from.... and they don't look cool at all like the ones you posted here -__- when will the new ones be available?

Last edited:

MonsterMMORPG

Monster Game Developer
Years
Looks actually cool, some of the monsters don't look that great but the starters you posted look boss! A more gritty game/ art design is something i have always said is desperately needed for these games.

I just tried to sign up and saw the starters you can choose from.... and they don't look cool at all like the ones you posted here -__- when will the new ones be available?

thanks a lot for the great reply. There will be many many more monsters. We are working on them to add the game asap. Hopefully there will be massive updates this summer. New website theme, new thousands of monsters, new maps total 520.

We prepared a 2000 move pool for new monsters ^^

MonsterMMORPG

Monster Game Developer
Years
Hello people. F2P browser MMORPG Game , one of the best online games MonsterMMORPG started a special weekend event once again. If you like to play free games check out monster mmorpg ^^

Hopefully i will also start releasing new maps images soon. MonsterMMORPG hopefully will become one of the most successful games in the world ^^

Now the event is 100% EXP and Money bonus from wild monster battles.

Lets come to new Monster images. There are some pretty cool dragons.
All rights reserved to MonsterMMORPG once again

Vydral (Electric & Poison):
045_Vydral.png

Gigoliath (Rock & Psychic):
046_Gigoliath.png
-
Aturion (Light & Steel):
047_Aturion.png

Grasilisk (Grass & Water):
048_Grasilisk.png
-
Ugoyle (Dragon & Dark):
049_Ugoyle.png

Aurorile (Dragon & Ice):
050_Aurorile.png
-
Orogond (Dragon & Fire):
051_Orogond.png

MonsterMMORPG

Monster Game Developer
Years
Alright people. First of all the new special event started for best of addicting games F2P MMORPG MonsterMMORPG which is better than Pokemon Online games.
For this weekend 200% EXP and Gold bonus is on. And now the better part comes. As our talented volunteer players redrawing our current monsters we are updating their images. Here lets see them :)

Redrawn By Henrie

Redrawn By GarbageKeeper

Redrawn By Miyavi

And also more of the new maps are completed. Here the images completed so far

Click on images to see full sizes or you can see whole as a full size from here : http://www.monstermmorpg.com/NewMaps

kirbyking1234

The Destroyer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 7, 2012
I must say registering on your site was interesting for me... My usual username was taken so I chose a new one. Apparently my email was already in use as well... Got the email for the account sent to me and it's my usual username and password... I haven't heard of this game until today. I wonder why that happened?

Years
  • Seen Apr 29, 2012
Nice game.. but why every new game looks the same? the style is: old-gameboy sprites-style and stuff? if you build a new game - why not making it look totally different?

let the "trainers" drive a vehicle or ride on an animal (like in final fantasy), use weapons to shoot each other or place traps. something new to the gameplay. let them have a farm to breed mutant monsters, collect mutagen in underground expeditions and use it to grow mutants that are unique and 10x times stronger than other wild monsters, etc... these are just examples.

good luck with your project guys :) , it looks really nice.

MonsterMMORPG

Monster Game Developer
Years
I must say registering on your site was interesting for me... My usual username was taken so I chose a new one. Apparently my email was already in use as well... Got the email for the account sent to me and it's my usual username and password... I haven't heard of this game until today. I wonder why that happened?

because this game was called as pokemoncraft before

we sent every player an email . apparently you did not see it :) probably dropped to junk folder

Nice game.. but why every new game looks the same? the style is: old-gameboy sprites-style and stuff? if you build a new game - why not making it look totally different?

let the "trainers" drive a vehicle or ride on an animal (like in final fantasy), use weapons to shoot each other or place traps. something new to the gameplay. let them have a farm to breed mutant monsters, collect mutagen in underground expeditions and use it to grow mutants that are unique and 10x times stronger than other wild monsters, etc... these are just examples.

good luck with your project guys :) , it looks really nice.

what you are saying very good but those special effects are not possible for single person developer :d

though hopefully i am going to redesign whole theme . i am looking for a professional designer right now. will design only as psd and i will do the whole coding. also there will be awesome new features ^^

Years
Boring. Sorry but I can't describe it any other way. I played it and after 15 minutes I was already bored. Why? because it's almost exactly the same that so many pokemon games already seen, but a lot of the creatures I find them quite unoriginal and ugly. That's because it is yet another pokemon clone, and usually, pokemon clones have creatures whose design is too complicated and some times realistic, which simply doesn't fit with that kind of gameplay.

I also don't like website design, colors and buttons aren't the best. I guess you will be changing a lot of things, but to be frank, I wouldn't waste more time playing the game as it is.

Anyway an advice, if you don't want it to be closed, not only make sure you don't have any copyrighted material, stop promoting it as a pokemon-style game too. They don't need you to use their material to be able to cause you troubles. Direct copies are also punishable by the law, and this game isn't precisely going by unnoticed, specially if you describe it as a pokemon-style game. Don't take this in a bad way, but if you need to use Pokemon's fame to make your game well-known, then you have to think why are you wasting your time. If your game can't be good enough to create its own fame and get fans by itself, then there's no reason to keep doing it.

Anyway you probably won't care about my comment, not even to believe something of what I have said, and you may even think "this is a troll". Do it if you want, but believe me, kid's flattery won't make your game better, real and serious critiques will.

Anyway, who cares right? if people plays the game, why bother changing anything? isn't that's how "game developers" think this days?

I agree with this a lot. I've played the game and found it really pointless so far. It has no backstory nor anthing but tall grass and monsters. It's like you copied pokemon games structure and concept and started creating lots of "monsters", constantly updating more and more. You know, that doesn't make this game original AT ALL. I mean, c'mon! your pokeball replacement is an hexagonal and incredibly ugly "monster box"??? you could have put some thought on it. If you wanted to change de monster storing device you could have created something never seen before. I ended up really disliking this project. This is plagiarism and i can not believe you got copyrights.

Anyway, don't get me wrong. I really encourage new ideas and creativity, but this is insulting. I mean, you took pokemon, pokeballs, trainers, gym leaders, pokemon elemental types (having added light tipe is still nothing original), TM's, HM's, three-evolutionary-states-top, EVERYTHING! But you're trying to show this as something new. Your complex design of monsters really cuts off the pokemon style but your overworld is exactly the same so... how come this is something different from pokemon games? How come you got copyrights? I mean, this is not a "pokemon style monster mmorpg", this is just another pokemon game with everything renamed and slightly reshaped. Oh! wait... TM's keep the exact same name... another point to "this is plagiarism". And the worse of all, i really smell that when this is done, there'll be premium accounts and only-obtainable-by-cash stuff.

if this was a hack or a fangame i'd be cool with it... it just annoys me that this is pretended to be something else.

MonsterMMORPG

Monster Game Developer
Years
I agree with this a lot. I've played the game and found it really pointless so far. It has no backstory nor anthing but tall grass and monsters. It's like you copied pokemon games structure and concept and started creating lots of "monsters", constantly updating more and more. You know, that doesn't make this game original AT ALL. I mean, c'mon! your pokeball replacement is an hexagonal and incredibly ugly "monster box"??? you could have put some thought on it. If you wanted to change de monster storing device you could have created something never seen before. I ended up really disliking this project. This is plagiarism and i can not believe you got copyrights.

Anyway, don't get me wrong. I really encourage new ideas and creativity, but this is insulting. I mean, you took pokemon, pokeballs, trainers, gym leaders, pokemon elemental types (having added light tipe is still nothing original), TM's, HM's, three-evolutionary-states-top, EVERYTHING! But you're trying to show this as something new. Your complex design of monsters really cuts off the pokemon style but your overworld is exactly the same so... how come this is something different from pokemon games? How come you got copyrights? I mean, this is not a "pokemon style monster mmorpg", this is just another pokemon game with everything renamed and slightly reshaped. Oh! wait... TM's keep the exact same name... another point to "this is plagiarism". And the worse of all, i really smell that when this is done, there'll be premium accounts and only-obtainable-by-cash stuff.

if this was a hack or a fangame i'd be cool with it... it just annoys me that this is pretended to be something else.

Sorry to disappoint you but i am trying to make similar :) That is my point. Also making similar is not violating any copyrights. Style can not be copyrighted.

Diablo 2 and Torch Light very similar games yet bot successful. Many of the games are very similar. Anyway my aim is surpassing original Pokemon games. Just wait and see.

And announcement

Alright people special weekend bonus event started. 150% EXP & Gold from wild monster battles are on.

Also there are 19 new redrawn monsters. They are very high quality. You can see all of the monster images from here :
http://www.monstermmorpg.com/Monster

Last edited:

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
Years
Dude I like your monsters, whatever their called but you can do alot more with them Remember monster Rancher, that was kinda like a Pokemon knock off but it was still fun to play because it was different, what about Digimon how was that not a Pokemon knock off, yet again it was fun to play because they thought of innovative ways to take the Pokemon concept and make it their own.. You could really have a decent game on your hands, might be a gold mine but you are trying to copy Pokemon instead of making the Pokemon concepts your own to realize it.. Think on the idea because you have a great artist.. Now focus on new gameplay! No one want to catch em all anymore unless its a Pokemon game...

Oh and BTW your violating copyright laws, They cant copyright their gameplay mechanics but they can copyright their art and your maps are clearly made with Pokemon tile designs I believe I told you this before...

I will offer to design/develop and maintain your site for you. If interested drop me a PM

MonsterMMORPG

Monster Game Developer
Years
Dude I like your monsters, whatever their called but you can do alot more with them Remember monster Rancher, that was kinda like a Pokemon knock off but it was still fun to play because it was different, what about Digimon how was that not a Pokemon knock off, yet again it was fun to play because they thought of innovative ways to take the Pokemon concept and make it their own.. You could really have a decent game on your hands, might be a gold mine but you are trying to copy Pokemon instead of making the Pokemon concepts your own to realize it.. Think on the idea because you have a great artist.. Now focus on new gameplay! No one want to catch em all anymore unless its a Pokemon game...

Oh and BTW your violating copyright laws, They cant copyright their gameplay mechanics but they can copyright their art and your maps are clearly made with Pokemon tile designs I believe I told you this before...

I will offer to design/develop and maintain your site for you. If interested drop me a PM

If you are talking about new maps all of the tiles are drawn from scratch by various artists :) So nintendo own none of those tiles copyrights.

Gameplay will also get a lot better by the time. It takes huge time don't worry this game will be a lot better than Pokemon ^^

Also PM sent

KingCharizard

Years
If you are talking about new maps all of the tiles are drawn from scratch by various artists :) So nintendo own none of those tiles copyrights.

Gameplay will also get a lot better by the time. It takes huge time don't worry this game will be a lot better than Pokemon ^^

Also PM sent

It doesn't matter if the tiles are hand drawn the designs are still copyrighted by Nintendo.

KingCharizard

Years
nope they are not

i suggest you to read this very well prepared with a lot of investigation article

http://whitewinterwolf.deviantart.com/journal/Copyright-what-are-your-rights-214246544

.You CANT COPYRIGHT A DESIGN. It is an Idea, and according to the law you CANT copyright a design because of that. Idea's cant be copyrighted... Frustrating hu?
Um, This is wrong. Artists all over the world copyright their designs and artwork. You cant copyright a certain aspect of a design, such as a white wolf or an orange fox because they are ideas but you can copyright the artwork you make of that idea. Everyone will have a different design for a different Idea but regardless of the concept the artwork is what is copyrighted. So yes Nintendos tile designs are copyrighted because its their design, can they stop someone from using a similar tile design from the same concept(idea), no they cannot but you clearly are using tile designs created and owned by Nintendo. A simple variation or a color change is not creating a new design its modifying theirs and in court that would be easy to prove.

For another example of copyrighting designs think of this, a website has a cool new layout/design you want a website with the same design. You CANNOT just take the artwork they have on their website, recolor it re arrange the layout and not expect to get sued. You can however create completely different artwork and arrange it in the same layout as the other site and not have to worry about a lawsuit. It's because artwork CAN be copyrighted but concepts CANNOT.

Yet one more final example, A artist paints his painting with a unique brush stroke another artist sees this and decides he will paint his art the same way. The second artist can do this because he's not copying the artwork/design of the painting, he's copying a technique. Will the artist have similar style yes but they will always produce two different works of art.

So yeah you can use the style of the Pokemon tiles but your not allowed to use the tiles. What i mean is you can design tiles with the shading technique, color variations, shape and size but not the same design.

But ultimately its your game your choice I just wanted to give you a heads up..

Cazzef

Pokémon Trainer
Years
Hey, this is really something, I registered just now and I'm already hooked (even though I have no idea what I'm doing!) Well at the moment I'm watching the tutorial and trying to learn as much of it as I can... This is brilliant though, good job!

MonsterMMORPG

Monster Game Developer
Years
Um, This is wrong. Artists all over the world copyright their designs and artwork. You cant copyright a certain aspect of a design, such as a white wolf or an orange fox because they are ideas but you can copyright the artwork you make of that idea. Everyone will have a different design for a different Idea but regardless of the concept the artwork is what is copyrighted. So yes Nintendos tile designs are copyrighted because its their design, can they stop someone from using a similar tile design from the same concept(idea), no they cannot but you clearly are using tile designs created and owned by Nintendo. A simple variation or a color change is not creating a new design its modifying theirs and in court that would be easy to prove.

For another example of copyrighting designs think of this, a website has a cool new layout/design you want a website with the same design. You CANNOT just take the artwork they have on their website, recolor it re arrange the layout and not expect to get sued. You can however create completely different artwork and arrange it in the same layout as the other site and not have to worry about a lawsuit. It's because artwork CAN be copyrighted but concepts CANNOT.

Yet one more final example, A artist paints his painting with a unique brush stroke another artist sees this and decides he will paint his art the same way. The second artist can do this because he's not copying the artwork/design of the painting, he's copying a technique. Will the artist have similar style yes but they will always produce two different works of art.

So yeah you can use the style of the Pokemon tiles but your not allowed to use the tiles. What i mean is you can design tiles with the shading technique, color variations, shape and size but not the same design.

But ultimately its your game your choice I just wanted to give you a heads up..

You keep saying we are using nintendo tiles. You are wrong we are not using any of nintendo tiles. These tiles are drawn from scratch . They are not owned by Nintendo.

Also if you read that article she talked many lawyers and made a lot of investigation. Did you make any attempt ? I don't think so. So you are wrong not she :)

Hey, this is really something, I registered just now and I'm already hooked (even though I have no idea what I'm doing!) Well at the moment I'm watching the tutorial and trying to learn as much of it as I can... This is brilliant though, good job!

Thanks a lot for comment. Currently i am looking for a very good web designer to redesign whole theme of the site. Once it is done and site redesigned this game will make impact on the mmorpg world hopefully :D

Years
You keep saying we are using nintendo tiles. You are wrong we are not using any of nintendo tiles. These tiles are drawn from scratch . They are not owned by Nintendo.

Also if you read that article she talked many lawyers and made a lot of investigation. Did you make any attempt ? I don't think so. So you are wrong not she :)

So you really read a lot to see how much you could copy from pokemon... interesting. Could you answer me if this is intended to be a lucrative project? will there be any kind of benefit for those who pay for playing? i haven't seen any of that now but this isn't the final release, so... when it is, will people have to pay to have full access to the game? you could change my idea about this project with your answer.

Back