• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Spiky's DS Map Editor (NOW OPEN-SOURCE)

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 13, 2013
ill try it out. looks amazing although i wish there was a whole video tutorial with commentary on this

OMG so much more complicated than advanced maps i have no idea how to make maps but id wish that i knew :(

Last edited:
Years
Hey guys does anybody know how to edit a trainers name in battle with sdsme? Like when I battle blue it says "leader blue" I want it to say " Rival Green" I finally changed the sprites for the battle to greens but his intro message in battle cant be editited and his name is wrong.

Treetwig

Banned for being awesome
Years
Whenever I load a rom this message appear
Spoiler:

YORAMRW

8-bit producer & Pokémon GB music hacker
Years
It seems that this project is dead. I hope not, because this project is awesome.

Spiky-Eared Pichu

NDS Hacker/Researcher
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2019
It seems that this project is dead. I hope not, because this project is awesome.

It's not dead, I've just not been posting the progress of SDSME 1.9.0. I know you all think this is taking too much time, but once the version is released you'll understand why. I have focused on fixing all the bugs people have been reporting over these months and thanks to all of you I have discovered new structures and data in the game which are very important. One of them is related to the buildings available in each map, which will keep the dummy box from appearing.

Thank you very much, I'll make sure to keep you all updated :)

Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2014
I have a question about the scripts. I was scrolling through them indexing which ones i found to be important. Do you plan on making them editable or are they already and i have yet to uncover how to do so?

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2019
It's not dead, I've just not been posting the progress of SDSME 1.9.0. I know you all think this is taking too much time, but once the version is released you'll understand why. I have focused on fixing all the bugs people have been reporting over these months and thanks to all of you I have discovered new structures and data in the game which are very important. One of them is related to the buildings available in each map, which will keep the dummy box from appearing.

Thank you very much, I'll make sure to keep you all updated :)

how are you doing with finding the map header counts for the other games/versions?

and are you missing anything else?

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2016
Hey SpikyEaredPichu, just curious, as someone who is afflicted with the GL Rendering Context error, and seeing that it wasn't in the previous version, could you possibly link to a download for that version? I searched the thread, but it looks like the download for it has been replaced by the 1.8 download.

Renegade

Time for real life...
Years
Hello~
I've run into a problem when opening the trainer editor in SDSME. Here is a screenshot:

CEtjipo.png

After I click continue, the box comes up fine and everything, but I noticed that there is nothing in any of the sections.

WmqpKwm.png

Ewery1

Local Red Panda
Years
Hey! This tool is great, and I can't wait for the 1.9 update, but can somebody please make a tutorial?

Spiky-Eared Pichu

NDS Hacker/Researcher
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2019
Hello~
I've run into a problem when opening the trainer editor in SDSME. Here is a screenshot:

CEtjipo.png

After I click continue, the box comes up fine and everything, but I noticed that there is nothing in any of the sections.

WmqpKwm.png

I'm really sorry about that, I made a typo in a text file path. I have fixed the code and it will work in 1.9.0.

Renegade

Time for real life...
Years
I'm really sorry about that, I made a typo in a text file path. I have fixed the code and it will work in 1.9.0.

Hmm okay. Any release date set yet for the new version? Also, is there a way to edit the existing trainers in Platinum without using the trainer editor in SDSME? Thanks~

Spiky-Eared Pichu

NDS Hacker/Researcher
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2019
Hmm okay. Any release date set yet for the new version? Also, is there a way to edit the existing trainers in Platinum without using the trainer editor in SDSME? Thanks~

Yes, you can use PPTE: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=163957

I'm bringing you all a new update on SDSME as well. While there is no release date yet, today I have finished the new event editor and I will now work on scripts. Many of you may have noticed sometimes the "ApplyMovement" command freezes the game, so I have to fix it. I know what causes the glitch, so it will be simple to edit the code. Starting with version 1.9.0, in case it freezes, it will be simple to fix: just create a new function at the point it freezes, and add the rest of the script there. B2W2 scripts will be supported too, though a reduced amount of maps will be disabled to avoid serious glitches.

Thank you very much!

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
Is a new version with an instruction manual coming soon?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen May 16, 2016
How do I use this tool to make it so that oak gives you the national pokedex instead of the native one in HeartGold/SoulSilver?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 13, 2013
Stupid question, but is there any way to use this on a Mac? (If someone who knows WineBottler could possibly walk me through it, that'd be great. :3)

Back