• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2022
Two questions:

1). is the data for the dive HM in FR? If so, what do I need to do to be able to use it?

2). is the high grass animation in FR? there is an option for it in advance map, but it doesn't do anything when I try to use it....

Thanks.

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
EDIT:
This code doesn't work
XSE[[[
'---------------
#org 0x4DE3E9
msgbox [S-HIGHLIGHT]0x9DE8R9[/S-HIGHLIGHT] MSG_KEEPOPEN'"OAK: I'm sorry [player], but..."
release
end

'-------
'Strings
'-------
#org 0x9DE8R9
= OAK: I'm sorry [player], but\nthose Pokémon were taken by\ppeople who were on time.\nCome here.
]]]XSE
It says Error 13 "Type Mismatch" on line 3
The fix is highlited.
Two questions:

1). is the data for the dive HM in FR? If so, what do I need to do to be able to use it?

2). is the high grass animation in FR? there is an option for it in advance map, but it doesn't do anything when I try to use it....

Thanks.

1) Yes. But the tile data isn't. So you'll have to port that from Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald.

2) I am unsure.

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
With my ROM, I use the create new map or whatever that takes the characteristics of the old map. In one map, it's supposed to be where there are no "L R help" signs. However in the other map, the sign is there! In the first map, it says "Don't disturb MOM!" In the other, it just copies off the other one. If I do the second map then the first map, it still doesn't work!

Also, this is affecting the second line of the TV script (both maps). It's supposed to say it's 11:00, but it changes to the don't disturb mom line.

Help, anybody, please?

EDIT:
This code doesn't work
XSE[[[
'---------------
#org 0x4DE3E9
msgbox 0x89DE8R9 MSG_KEEPOPEN'"OAK: I'm sorry [player], but..."
release
end

'-------
'Strings
'-------
#org 0x9DE8R9
= OAK: I'm sorry [player], but\nthose Pokémon were taken by\ppeople who were on time.\nCome here.
]]]XSE
It says Error 13 "Type Mismatch" on line 3
Try it now.

Two questions:

Thanks.
1. Yes, but the field use has been disabled. You can emulate the dive field move via scripting and the behavior byte [diving bubbles animation]

2. As far as I know the animation is locked and unreachable. There's a thread about it in the R&D section.

Years
Are you sure you have the right palette offset? There are ways to test that: make sure the palette you have in APE has all the colors you see on the title screen image. Use the RGB/GBA converter to find out the values of the colors. If you do have the right one and it still doesn't show when you edit it, you could try repointing to a different palette. I can explain a relatively simple way to do so with a hex editor, simply repointing to the palette the Gengar sprite uses. Let me know what you find out.

Sorry but I don't really understand what your saying here. Also how do you get around the problem of different palettes for front and back sprites.

Last edited:

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
Sorry but I don't really understand what your saying here. Also how do you get around the problem of different palettes for front and back sprites.

The only difference between the front and back palettes is that the front palette is the normal palette, and the back palette is the shiny palette. When the Pokemon is not shiny, both the front and back sprite will use the same palette as the front sprite. When shiny, the front and back sprite will both use the palette of the back sprite.

As far as the explanation of what I said before, I must first ask what program you are using to edit the palette. Is it APE (Advanced Palette Editor)? When I ask if you have the right offset, I'm asking if you're sure you're editing the right palette. When I say "repointing to the Gengar sprite's palette," that means to make it so the picture of Gengar in the title screen will use the same palette as the Gengar sprite.

Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
Hi guyz, im pretty new here, so anyway, I started to learn scripting in XSE, and i've got a problem.
So here is my script:
#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x200
if 0x1 goto @done
msgbox @1 0x6
setflag 0x200
release
end

#org @done
msgbox @2 0x6
clearflag 0x200
release
end

#org @1
= This is talk one!

#org @2
= This is talk two!

the problem is, when I compile it, the npc does nothing, just beep one.
When i Decompile it, it's shows the next
'---------------
#org 0x800000
checkflag 0x200
if 0x1 goto 0x908800D
if 0x6C goto 0xDDC2FF02
'---------------
#org 0x108800D
nop

So it's looks there is some problem in the script, but i can't find it :c Sorry if I posted this in the wrong forum :/

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Hi guyz, im pretty new here, so anyway, I started to learn scripting in XSE, and i've got a problem.
So here is my script:
#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x200
if 0x1 goto @done
msgbox @1 0x6
setflag 0x200
release
end

#org @done
msgbox @2 0x6
clearflag 0x200
release
end

#org @1
= This is talk one!

#org @2
= This is talk two!

the problem is, when I compile it, the npc does nothing, just beep one.
When i Decompile it, it's shows the next
'---------------
#org 0x800000
checkflag 0x200
if 0x1 goto 0x908800D
if 0x6C goto 0xDDC2FF02
'---------------
#org 0x108800D
nop

So it's looks there is some problem in the script, but i can't find it :c Sorry if I posted this in the wrong forum :/
You probably should've posted here. It's the Script Help Thread.

So, basically the NPC is going to repeat the messages at offsets @1 and @2.
Try compiling it in some other free offset using FSF.

Years
The only difference between the front and back palettes is that the front palette is the normal palette, and the back palette is the shiny palette. When the Pokemon is not shiny, both the front and back sprite will use the same palette as the front sprite. When shiny, the front and back sprite will both use the palette of the back sprite.

As far as the explanation of what I said before, I must first ask what program you are using to edit the palette. Is it APE (Advanced Palette Editor)? When I ask if you have the right offset, I'm asking if you're sure you're editing the right palette. When I say "repointing to the Gengar sprite's palette," that means to make it so the picture of Gengar in the title screen will use the same palette as the Gengar sprite.

I get you now. Yes I'm using APE, I know I'm using the right palette offset because it worked for me before.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
I get you now. Yes I'm using APE, I know I'm using the right palette offset because it worked for me before.

OK. I do not know the offset of the palette you are using. If you could give me the palette offset, I could try to figure a few things out, and tell you exactly what to do.

EDIT: Open your ROM in HxD (a hex editor), and search for "E8 D5 EA 08." Replace the 3rd occurrence of this with "9C FD D6 08." What this does is it repoints the game to the palette that the Gengar sprite uses.

Download HxD here

Last edited:
Years
OK. I do not know the offset of the palette you are using. If you could give me the palette offset, I could try to figure a few things out, and tell you exactly what to do.

EDIT: Open your ROM in HxD (a hex editor), and search for "E8 D5 EA 08." Replace the 3rd occurrence of this with "9C FD D6 08." What this does is it repoints the game to the palette that the Gengar sprite uses.

Download HxD here

The palette is 00EAD5E8 (not LZ77 compressed) and I did what you said above and it appears nothing happened.

Years
  • Seen Sep 9, 2014
Umm...those scripts didn't work...
I replaced the number before 9DE8R9, but it still has the same error...

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
The palette is 00EAD5E8 (not LZ77 compressed) and I did what you said above and it appears nothing happened.

Hmm. Weird. I just did that with a clean FireRed ROM (I didn't change the image), and it changed the colors of the Charizard to that palette. Maybe I could make all the changes to a clean FireRed ROM on the title screen, then give you an IPS patch to apply to a clean ROM. Would that work for you?

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2018
I hope this is a simple question... So I have been working on this hack for a long while now, and I just recently reset the game and tried to play through what i have hacked.
The problem is, when I walk out of my house. This text box appears that won't go away.
WTF.png

SuperShuckle94

Shuckology 213
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Sep 9, 2011
Okay, so, I'm making a "Pokemon AquaBlue" (Just a personal project) and I've been having a few problems with it.

The first try with this, I was completely remaking FireRed using Ruby as a base so I could get all the extras. (Contests, less strict evolution rules, secret bases, Etc...) And everything was going smoothly along until I started inserting the FireRed tilesets. I inserted the whole thing (All 12 palletes, 2 tilesets and 2 BMP files for each map.) but when I saved in AdvanceMap and opened VisualBoyAdvance, the colors were corrupted and the tiles with the upper layer filled in (EX: Rug inside your house) would show bits and pieces of it above the player character's head. Is there a way to keep it from doing this?

The second idea is that maybe the contests and diving and such are still hidden somewhere within FireRed's ROM, or can be obtained by reverse-engineering from Emerald. Any suggestions?

Years
Hmm. Weird. I just did that with a clean FireRed ROM (I didn't change the image), and it changed the colors of the Charizard to that palette. Maybe I could make all the changes to a clean FireRed ROM on the title screen, then give you an IPS patch to apply to a clean ROM. Would that work for you?

No thanks, if anything I'll just download a new clean ROM.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2018
Does anyone know where the Overworld Pallete table is in Fire Red?
Also, How long is it or to what byte does it go?

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Umm...those scripts didn't work...
I replaced the number before 9DE8R9, but it still has the same error...
As Quilava's Master already noted:
Code:
'---------------
#org 0x4DE3E9
msgbox 0x[B]8[/B]9DE8R9 MSG_KEEPOPEN '"OAK: I'm sorry [player], but..."
release
end

'-------
'Strings
'-------
#org 0x9DE8R9
The message offset is at 0x89DE8R9. Also, a space after the MSG_KEEPOPEN.
If the script is a compiled script, decompile it, fix the mistakes and compile.

MayanMan2012

Pokemon Dawn/Dusk: Coming Soon
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2014
Hello, is it possible to make a pokemon shiny when you "wild battle" it?

Sort of like Shiny Gyarados in Silver / Gold

~MayanMan

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2018
I desperately need help. I suck at inserting new trainer sprites. For some reason, my method only works sometimes.
1.Well first I make the sprite in paint.
2.use Irfanview to decrease it's color depth.
3.save it as a PNG
4. make sure background color is first on pallete
5. use Free Space Finder to find a space that is as big as the picture in bytes
6. I use UNLZ-GBA to import the sprite, then write to rom.
7 I make sure to check export pallete, export sprite, and fix pointers
8. I use RSBall to repoint a trainer sprite to my new sprite.
9. I use advanced Trainer to change which sprite the trainer uses.

What am I doing wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back