• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
So, I finished my first play through of Ruby Version within the last 2 weeks, so I'm looking to start a challenge in Hoenn for the first time! Not sure where I should start, but I want to do a Monotype, but I'm not sure what type I should do, especially since I'm not familiar with the Pokemon of the region. The types I don't want to do, because I'm doing them in other games at the moment, are Bug, Water, Steel, Ghost, Dragon, and Fighting. So any cool suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
So, I finished my first play through of Ruby Version within the last 2 weeks, so I'm looking to start a challenge in Hoenn for the first time! Not sure where I should start, but I want to do a Monotype, but I'm not sure what type I should do, especially since I'm not familiar with the Pokemon of the region. The types I don't want to do, because I'm doing them in other games at the moment, are Bug, Water, Steel, Ghost, Dragon, and Fighting. So any cool suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

I think a ground monotype would be good. You could use Swampert for your starter then. And if you're like me and like to have a Pokémon with fly, you have Flygon.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
So in my challenge I'm at, I gotta get my last Pokemon for the team. Which unfortunately happens to be Feebas... It's really hard to get him in Ruby... ><!

Rewy

untitled follower
Years
Yeah... dem feebasses.
Reason why I've never used a Milotic before Gen5 is because the evolution/hard to find. I found my tile on Emerald eventually (TW challenge) and spent half my game time basically then growing berries. >_>

Xaldin

Big things come in Nice packages.
Years
Ahh Feebas,the sneaky little fish.what I wonder is why that fish fixed on one SPECIFIC tile in the game?

Rewy

untitled follower
Years
Actually the tile (at least in Emerald) changes every time the Trendy Phrase thing updated. I never bothered on 4th gen to find one, but I think that was dependent on the day change. (Also it might've been 3 specific tiles, but you're usually just happy enough to find one, right?)

edit -
I feel so lazy on typing up updates even though I beat Wallace in my TW challenge last night... trying to think if I'll bother with Steven for lulz or not before actually copying my notepad scribbles (team levels and stuff).

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
I think a ground monotype would be good. You could use Swampert for your starter then. And if you're like me and like to have a Pokémon with fly, you have Flygon.

I agree with the Ground monotype. For me Hoenn is an awesome region for monotypes because all of its Pokemon have some pretty cool type combinations. If you do Ground you would have access to Swampert, Camerupt, Flygon, Claydol, and Whiscash which are all pretty fun Pokemon to use. I would also recommend Fighting even though you said you didn't want to do it because you could use Blaziken/Breloom/Medicham/Hariyama.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Yeah, Ground does sound pretty good. And don't get me wrong, I do want to do Fighting in Hoenn, lots of cool fighting types, but I would rather only do one game per type at a time. Black is really nice for Fighting, because you can get more than half your team before the 2nd gym, and one of them is your starter.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Nicely done! What's next for you? I need more monocolor challengers...

Right now I'm streaming my Pokemon marathon, which this is a part of, so more of that. I need to finish all these games that I'm really close on. There's like 8ish that I'm pretty close to beating, and I've only beaten 1 (Blue. Still have contests to do in Sapphire here.)

Years
So I decided to base my challenge off of April Fools. Though I need a way to make the challenge be possible in every gen.

SuperKirbyFan

Weedle trainer
Years
Right now I'm streaming my Pokemon marathon, which this is a part of, so more of that. I need to finish all these games that I'm really close on. There's like 8ish that I'm pretty close to beating, and I've only beaten 1 (Blue. Still have contests to do in Sapphire here.)

How long have you not been the OP of the Solo Challenge? Apparently its been way too long since I was here.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Not too long, but it happens, the owners gradually get lazy and threads go to good homes with OPs that will love them and update them all the time.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I spent two days not progressing in my challenge and hunting for Feebas. Ugh, can't believe I actually have to get him >.<

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I had a whole week to make progress on challenges, and that didn't happen. :( I did more in my regular playthrough of Black 2 than anything. I did get to Opelucid though in White 2...and in White...I...beat Bianca and that was it. Someone just doesn't wanna do Chargestone Cave! All my games are like...really close. They're almost all in the same place. lol :(

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
I know that feel, Syd, both my black and black 2 are at desert resort, which I really, really don't want to do. And my white 2 is in nimbasa city, so I'm in much the Se boat as you when it comes to Unova. -_-

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
The Time Warp Challenge now features 4 new Eras <3

I had an entire day to do challenges but spent it on css tutorials and giving a facelift to all the challenges I'm running o.o

I honestly hope the old owner of the time warp challenge doesn't get mad at me taking over .-. or even want it back >.< I enjoy running it and I'd have a hard time parting with it >.<

though I'm not sure where previous owners stand regarding their old challenges o.O can they get them back if the current owner's actively tending to them? x.x

P.S. I'm sorry Emerald Players doing Renaissance have to get through the getting a Milotic struggle T-T I'm open to suggestions regarding another Pokémon for that Era .-.

BTW, Honeyman, I never got to thank you in person for the Egyptian Era suggestion back when I took over the Challenge o.o I did add your name to the Special Thanks section though o.o

Years
I read that, and I was like "They took my suggestion... I don't know if I should feel honoured or upset I wasn't credited". Though thanks for crediting me.

Edit: I got another era idea. Ancient China. It could mostly be based off of Ninjas and Samurais.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back