• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Yet Another Fire Red Hack

DoesntKnowHowToPlay

Tiny Umbrella with Lots and Lots of Good
Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
Tbh I totally forgot that Gust was Special. Oops, disregard that comment, I guess my team was just better when I faced the other Butterfrees.
The midgame Butterfrees have Whirlwind and other status moves for the AI to trip up on, and also occur at a point where your entire team isn't likely to be unevolved. I think it's only natural that they'd be less threatening than the one on Route 3.

Is there a chance you would consider increasing the percent chance on a Magnemite holding Magnet? I grinded for over 30 minutes, no success.
It's the same rate as canon Metal Coats are for them, and you don't *need* it early-game so I'm not sure on this one. I'll consider making it a common hold item for Magneton, though.

Electivire is not able to learn Flamethrower. Not sure if you chose to eliminate that from his moveset or not, but I'd really like to be able to hit Grass types, plz and thk u
You know for all the people that say Thor is really good I'm surprised this managed to slip by all this time, especially when it struggles in early-game. I think I'll hold off on fixes for now (you can view Stunfisk's entry manually through the index, and I know why that breaks) since there's a few other things I might do- Evire can get Fire Punch by relearner if you head to Cinnabar though.

Volt Absorb does not absorb Thunder Wave.
I might try to change it in the future, but that's the case in every Gen 3 game.

Thanks for the feedback, by the way! I really appreciate it.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 23, 2013
Love this mod. It is really good, Haven't played pokemon in years but this got me right back into it.

Just beat the elite four the first time round. I was getting an error with having a 64k save opposed to a 128k. I changed that before I defeated my rival. But after the credits it reloads a new game. Do I have to start again or is there a fix?

DoesntKnowHowToPlay

Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
Love this mod. It is really good, Haven't played pokemon in years but this got me right back into it.

Just beat the elite four the first time round. I was getting an error with having a 64k save opposed to a 128k. I changed that before I defeated my rival. But after the credits it reloads a new game. Do I have to start again or is there a fix?

You'll have to start over, I'm afraid. Most Pokemon hacks are like this- it's why I encourage making sure you can hard save instead of relying entirely on savestates. If you're using VBA, you can transfer your mons to a new file rather easily with the memory viewer- save x258 bytes from x02024284 on your complete savestate, then load that in at the same offset in your new game. The mons won't obey, but they should be enough of a crutch to let you speed back through the game.

pawell6

The truthseeker
Years
Hey Doesnt, I think I found a bug: all newly catched and received from npc pokemons seem to have 0 IV in all stats.

Last edited:

Falsever

Nation Blue
Years
Wow, this hack's so great!
I like how you inserted newer gens Pokémon.
Btw, I think Yanma in Viridian Forest is too early, or it's just me?
Anyway, keep up the amazing work like this!

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022
Hey Doesnt, I think I found a bug: all newly catched and received from npc pokemons seem to have 0 IV in all stats.
This happened to me too. I halfway thought that I had the hard mode patch in, but nope.

DoesntKnowHowToPlay

Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
This fixes the IV issue, along with a few others.
Changelog:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
I like how much you have altered the hack.... question i'm very far in game and I would to like to know, is it possible for me to continue my old file on the new updated one

DoesntKnowHowToPlay

Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
Yes. I try to maintain backwards compatibility when updating, so you should be fine.

DoesntKnowHowToPlay

Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
It replaces Cacophony because I am lazy and as far as I can tell that doesn't actually do anything. I also still have a couple unused abilities on the chopping block if I get around to adding more, so I intend to keep being lazy. I did have to branch out into free space to extend the absorption check, write Motor Drive's general checks, and write battle script for it though.

pawell6

The truthseeker
Years
There's a bug in battle with rival at S.S. ANNE ship. Once the battle begins only black screen shows up (music keeps on playing though)

Last edited:

DoesntKnowHowToPlay

Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
I'm not sure how this managed to slip by since I did most of my testing on rematch Lorelei, but have a fix.

Changelog:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 25, 2021
No Kingdra...goddammit man thats a dealbreaker :( also do those physical/special split patches work? I mean I tried to patch a clean fire red rom but it doesnt seem to add those marks wether a move is phys, spe or status.

Years
No Kingdra...goddammit man thats a dealbreaker :( also do those physical/special split patches work? I mean I tried to patch a clean fire red rom but it doesnt seem to add those marks wether a move is phys, spe or status.

You have to do that yourself. I suggest reading through the thread on the split in the Research and Development subforum if you want to learn about that.

Years
  • Seen Mar 19, 2023
i have the beta 1.3, but i think it the game was already updated to 1.5.

May I ask the differences between the two?

DoesntKnowHowToPlay

Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
If you actually meant 1.3, that version is ancient and very outdated- lots of sprites have been changed, a bunch of glitches fixed, balance quirks resolved, and it's in general a much more solid game. If you meant 1.13, then all your answers can be found in the changelogs on the previous page.

(also i never released a public beta for this but if that's actually beta you meant then that version only went up to koga, and was never intended to leave a small group of confidants)

Back