• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Questions & Answers / "Where do I post this?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I'm quite new to this forum as you can see so I'm not quite sure where to post this question. I've seen a lot of people having small pictures/animations of pokemon in their sig, so my question where do you find them? And where should I post this question?

You mean .gif images? Most people usually find them on sites like Tumblr or in the case of the Pokemon sprites, it's sites like Pokecheck and also lately PkParaiso for the XY models (the latter is in Spanish though). So yeah, loads of places where you can find these sorts of things!

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 16, 2014
You mean .gif images? Most people usually find them on sites like Tumblr or in the case of the Pokemon sprites, it's sites like Pokecheck and also lately PkParaiso for the XY models (the latter is in Spanish though). So yeah, loads of places where you can find these sorts of things!

Exactly I didn't even know what tbey were called. Thanks

LividZephyr

Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks
Years
I can't find the skin I was using... Snivy's Holiday, I think it was called? The one with Hilda and Snivy in the logo.

Did something happen to it?

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
If it's not on the list, you should try using our style selector. If that doesn't help, then it must have been disabled by someone. You could try asking an admin and see why if you're curious. d:

Years
You're welcome to PM any Staff Administrator and ask, (probably best to ask Hiroshi Sotomura or Owl) but it's pretty likely that it's been disabled for the time being. A lot of the styles are being worked on/tweaked as we speak.

Years
So, if there was a type of thread that has been made, but since died out by having not been posted in in 30 days, would it be ideal to remake a new version of it? For example, I didn't see a "post pictures of your character" thread in the X/Y forum, so would someone have to remake it? (Personally, I feel that's a thread that should be stickied as to avoid being lost, like I suggested with the Member Appreciation thread.)

Just wanted clarification on that. Thanks!

Years
So, if there was a type of thread that has been made, but since died out by having not been posted in in 30 days, would it be ideal to remake a new version of it? For example, I didn't see a "post pictures of your character" thread in the X/Y forum, so would someone have to remake it? (Personally, I feel that's a thread that should be stickied as to avoid being lost, like I suggested with the Member Appreciation thread.)

Just wanted clarification on that. Thanks!

Yes, if a thread has been dead for 30 days (or whatever amount of days the section's revival rules state) then you are free to make a new thread for that topic.

Ririchio-san

LoVe yOur EneMIeS. IT mAkES tHem So dAMneD mAd '.'
Years
hi , i'm new here.
i'm having problems with gaining exp. points in pokemon black , so where should i post this?
in the Emulation section?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 10, 2014
There have been a surplus of threads with questions relating to ROM Hacking help, questions about specific forums, and questions asking where to go to post something. Despite the fact that this forum is for community questions, feedback, and suggestion, this has become unavoidable. The purpose of this thread is to serve as a redirection thread. If you aren't sure where to go, where a thread is, or anything like that, post your question here, and someone will be here to link to the specific forum or thread in question.

So before you hit that new thread button, do you need help finding something?

Hello,

I am considering undertaking a media project, and I would like to advertise the concepts and look for some volunteers to help me make the project a success.

It's currently planned as a webcomic, audio series, or a combination of both, based around Pokemon Black. Where would be the best place to put this? I couldn't find anywhere marked for this kind of thing.

Years
hi , i'm new here.
i'm having problems with gaining exp. points in pokemon black , so where should i post this?
in the Emulator section?

If it's specifically about ROM hacks, then do post in the questions thread over there. If it's for the official Pokemon games post in its section's corresponding questions thread, which in Black/White's case is the Fifth Generation Quick Questions thread.

Ririchio-san

Years
thanks :) . just curious, if i want to ask a question then how am i supposed to know whether the ques. has been already asked?

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
You can use the "Search this thread" option located in the top right of every page, while you're looking at a thread. It looks like this:
b9XA1u1.jpg

Just use a few words from your question in the search box, and any post using those words will appear in the results.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Just for the record though, that thing about not gaining exp point in Black and White was an anti-piracy thing, so even though it's not a hack, it's something you would bring up in Emulation, not the main 5th Generation forum. Hope that helps.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
Something I've been wondering for a while is how are the views on a thread decided? Does a view only count from a member viewing or is a view counted upon exiting the thread? Because there have been times when I go into a thread someone just posted and there's only 2 views but 30+ people in the actual thread viewing it.

Ririchio-san

Years
Just for the record though, that thing about not gaining exp point in Black and White was an anti-piracy thing, so even though it's not a hack, it's something you would bring up in Emulation, not the main 5th Generation forum. Hope that helps.

Ah yes, i did search it on youtube nd found out about ' Disable BIOS' thing, well it did help though.:)

Years
Im a little confused with the quick trade thread, Im unable to click anyones username to send them a message.

Also i cant find where to fill in the "FC:" details at the top, and my sig is disabled.

Im probbably missing something really obvious, but id love a bit of help.

Edit; Oddly im not having the same troubles here.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
They might not be displayed as regular links, but they're still clickable; just hover people's names and try. :] As for FC info, they could be entered from edit details page in your user control panel. Scroll down to "Gaming Information," and there, you should see a field called "3DS Friend Code." Put your code in, and you should be all set. Good luck, and have fun trading!

Years
Thanks Peitharchia, I managed to find where to input my code.

Im stil having trouble clicking usernames in the trade thread though, it may just be my computer being dumb.

Thanks again :)

Years
Thanks Peitharchia, I managed to find where to input my code.

Im stil having trouble clicking usernames in the trade thread though, it may just be my computer being dumb.

Thanks again :)
I know it uses the text-selector cursor, but have you actually tried clicking on the username? A dropdown menu should just appear to give you options. Are you not seeing those? What web browser and version are you using?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back