• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2015
hey sorry if this isn't simple but i've been looking around and this question hasn't been answered yet but loads of people are asking everywhere when you open over world editor rebirth edition and you go over the pallets it says run time error 9 subscript out of range if this has already been asked sorry... :) thanks for your help

Jerros

TloS FTW!!!
Years
Ok, why doesn't my hidesprite command work???
I've tried tons of scripts, but the game freezes as soon as I start it.
Even this won't work:

#ORG $Begin
hidesprite 0x6
release
end

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
hey sorry if this isn't simple but i've been looking around and this question hasn't been answered yet but loads of people are asking everywhere when you open over world editor rebirth edition and you go over the pallets it says run time error 9 subscript out of range if this has already been asked sorry... :) thanks for your help

Are you sure you're using latest version available?
If not, update and try again. Otherwhise, could you please post the exact step-by-step procedure to reproduce the problem?

Ok, why doesn't my hidesprite command work???
I've tried tons of scripts, but the game freezes as soon as I start it.
Even this won't work:

#ORG $Begin
hidesprite 0x6
release
end

Unless you edited PokeScript database, you won't be able to use the hidesprite command.
You'll need to use #raw/#binary instead.

VanillaThunderbolt

Generic User Title
Years
  • Seen Mar 1, 2012
I have a question about PET.
I'm using FR, and there's a bunch of blank, unused slots.
I can edit everything about the trainer except for the Pokemon's moves.
Is there any way to get around this problem?
Or even add trainers instead of editing old ones?

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
I have a question about PET.
I'm using FR, and there's a bunch of blank, unused slots.
I can edit everything about the trainer except for the Pokemon's moves.
Is there any way to get around this problem?
Or even add trainers instead of editing old ones?

Well, if you want you can wait for A-Trainer, my trainer editor.
Besides, do you really need to add new traines? R/S have 694 trainers, and R/S are the games with less trainers.

Jerros

TloS FTW!!!
Years
Ewr, this might sound dumb, but why can't I run on my own-created route?
I've tried messing with the Route-Underground-City thingy, but I can't seem to find anything that affect running :/

So... How do I enable running on the Route?

VanillaThunderbolt

Generic User Title
Years
  • Seen Mar 1, 2012
Well, if you want you can wait for A-Trainer, my trainer editor.
Besides, do you really need to add new traines? R/S have 694 trainers, and R/S are the games with less trainers.
Eh... good point.
At most I only wanted to add 20-30, but only as alternate challenges. I can always make do with what I have, I just wanted to know if it was possible.
[Btw, when I used the blank space one on PET, I fought the guy, but I didn't have any Pokemon, so I lost, but then the screen turned dark red and stopped working... so I'm not using that xD]

Oh, also, I know I asked this before, but concerning "bridge" movements, if you will.
I know the whole C-0-10-3C-10 thing in movement permissions, and the movements work, but when the character goes "under" the bridge, he appears on top of it. I assume that's a part of editing tiles and what not, but how would I go about fixing this?

[Btw, I think I've asked like, 10 really simple questions on this forum so thanks to everyone who helped me xD]

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Eh... good point.
At most I only wanted to add 20-30, but only as alternate challenges. I can always make do with what I have, I just wanted to know if it was possible.

It this case, no. It's not possible.

Oh, also, I know I asked this before, but concerning "bridge" movements, if you will.
I know the whole C-0-10-3C-10 thing in movement permissions, and the movements work, but when the character goes "under" the bridge, he appears on top of it. I assume that's a part of editing tiles and what not, but how would I go about fixing this?

You need to change the background byte on the Block Editor. See the original tilesets as example.

Gah. This seems like a seriously noobish question, but how do you make the player start with a pokémon?

Pretty easy. You just need to put a givepokemon in the level script of the map where the player start in.

Ewr, this might sound dumb, but why can't I run on my own-created route?
I've tried messing with the Route-Underground-City thingy, but I can't seem to find anything that affect running :/

So... How do I enable running on the Route?

Try exporting and importing your map again.

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2015
Are you sure you're using latest version available?
If not, update and try again. Otherwhise, could you please post the exact step-by-step procedure to reproduce the problem?
Okay i have got the rebirth edition and i think that is the latest one then i opened the ROM that i needed then i put my mouse over the er what is it the paint pallete thing i dont know and it comes up with the message whenever you run the mouse over the colours on the right side :) hope this helps

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Okay i have got the rebirth edition and i think that is the latest one then i opened the ROM that i needed then i put my mouse over the er what is it the paint pallete thing i dont know and it comes up with the message whenever you run the mouse over the colours on the right side :) hope this helps

Sorry but it doesn't. Make sure you're using the latest version.
Take a look at my Tools Factory. Also... use punctuation, next time :P

VanillaThunderbolt

Generic User Title
Years
  • Seen Mar 1, 2012
You need to change the background byte on the Block Editor. See the original tilesets as example.

I can't find any that work the same way, I can find some in Ruby ROM's, and things hacked from it like Orange, but the same background byte properties aren't on FR. Maybe I'm just over looking it...

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
I can't find any that work the same way, I can find some in Ruby ROM's, and things hacked from it like Orange, but the same background byte properties aren't on FR. Maybe I'm just over looking it...

Well, FR values are probably going to be different.

Thanks HackMew. I don't know why I didn't think of that.

You're welcome. You know, the simplest ideas are those which are usually overlooked.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
If you're guess is right, yay ^_^
Any idea how though? O.O

Yes, you can freely change them.
On AM, open a map with a flying position and go to the Events tab.
On the combobox at the top there, choose "Flygthing Position".
Flying positions are marked with a red "F".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back