• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Cash, Check, or Card?

miel!

Kisses!
Years
i barely ever use checks except to pay my rent. I don't see much use for them in stores, it seems inconvenient. i always pay on my card, except if its a cheap purchase. i hate carrying cash... >_< and i hate when people pay with cash at work... lets all use cards!!

Years
Debit card yo
I carry around some cash with me, just in case I ever need it, but so far I really haven't needed to use it. I think last time I used any of it was for a dessert auction, and that was against my will... "come on, pitch in, we need more money." "oh fine."

But I do just fine with a debit card. Never had a proper credit card, not sure if I would want to, since I like how limiting the debit card is for me. I have how much money left in my checking account? Well, I can't be bothered to put more money in right now, guess I actually won't buy anything right now.

Checks, uh. In theory I have a checkbook around here somewhere. Maybe. I haven't actually looked at a check of mine in years. Actually, come to think of it, even if I do still have them, they would still have my old name on them. It's been that long and yet even longer since I ever touched them.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
Cash.

I don't have debit or credit cards and not planning to apply them.

I've seen people saying they can control their selves, but at the end they couldn't. While I'm sure about myself, I still prefer not to apply them. I gotta admit it gets a bit inconvenient on a few purchases though.

Sirfetch’d

I don't know about you guys but I just don't like the feeling of carrying around cash. I much prefer to use my debit card whenever possible haha. But like others, I almost always use it as credit because I don't like entering my pin.

Zoroark Cutie

The Illusion Fox Skyfarer
Years
Cash, sometimes with a card, but most of the time cash. I just feel more comfortable when it comes to using cash than the other 2 options. I use a credit or debit card sometimes, usually when I am ordering some pizza, going to the theater, renting a movie from Redbox, or ordering some stuff online, but I don't do those very often. I don't currently plan on opening a checking account simply because I feel do not want to pay anything with checks at all.

Melody

Banned
Years
100% of my non-transportation related purchases are on a card. I do carry cash for the taxi/bus most of the time; since there's always the chance of their not being able to accept my card due to malfunction. But most of the time I do not like dealing with Cash; as it's often unwieldy except in small amounts for small purchases or even amounts. I'd rather round up than deal with pennies if possible.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I almost never carry around cash. if I have to have cash around because of a place that accepts cash, then i'll take some out at the ATM. but 90% of the time I never carry cash.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
I like using that credit card then ignoring citi when they call me that i have to pay it.
Then i just continue with saying i never got their call haha
But seriously thats my friend but for me its cash i dont wanna have to find an atm if a store only takes cash and credit cards are easier to steel and lose :3

Dracowyn

Hell's Traffic Accident
Years
I used to prefer paying in cash cause for some reason I like to have physical money. But recently I've been paying with my card much more. So I'd say card.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
I prefer paying with physical cash if possible as I feel that it helps me keep in check of my spendings, but if I don't have any on me, I pay using my debit card. For bigger and more expensive purchases, I use my credit card. The only times I use checks are when I pay uni fees.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
I usually carry 10€ in cash (plus spare coins) in case some shop only accepts it, otherwise I use my cards for everything, even for minuscule oops-forgot-to-buy-some-tomatoes amounts at the supermarket.

Back