• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Where do we go after we die?

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
And we are born with sin, therefor we deserve to go to hell just for being born.

Its views like that that make it hard for me to stay Agnostic. After hearing crap like that I'm tempted to go full Atheist.

Still, what about the babies who die within the first year? You know, the ones that are incapable of rational thought? Do they go to hell as well? Or are they a exception to the rule?

Original sin is cleansed with baptism. Original sin only makes you spend temporary time in limbo until you enter Heaven.

What makes us go to Hell are the sins we commit in life. You are doomed to Hell the instant you commit you first sin, no matter the severity. No amount of good works afterwords can save you. The only salvation is the grace of Jesus Christ.

Years
Alright let's stop with the ignorant and flame baiting preaching. You stated your view once already, now leave it be and move on before someone falls for the bait and starts flaming you.

empty streets

Ace trainer ★
Years
After death there is nothing. That is what I think at the moment. There may be a million theories, but none of them are proven for a 100%...

OriginGiratina

Dragon-type Trainer
Years
When we die, someone says, we go away from our body as a soul, we go in a strange place that we see what we've done those many years from our life and then our soul goes into another body, known as afterlife. It sounds very creepy. Some people may remember situations that they didn't attend...

The Author

The Hero of Knothole Glade
Years
I firmly believe in the Judeao-Christian Heaven and Hell.

Those who accept Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and savior will go to Heaven. All others go to Hell.

EDIT:
Someone who dies in original sin (hasn't been baptized), but isn't old enough to sin themselves go to Limbo first.

Technically, if you lived a perfect life and have never committed even the slightest sin, you would go to Heaven despite your religion. The problem is, no such person exists.
YES! EXACTLY! I was wondering when someone would finally say that. :cer_boogie:
I found this interesting. Is it less grim to think of one's soul rotting for eternity in agony in the fiery pits of Hell than it is to think of their body rotting underground? Personally, I find myself far more comfortable with the latter image, especially considering the near impossible-to-reach criteria you have to meet in order to get into Heaven.
All you have to do is accept Jesus as your saviour. Yes, the Bible does say that humanly, it is easier to fit a came through the eye of a needle than to enter the Kingdom of Heaven. BUT it goes on to say that with God all things are possible. Therefore, all you have to do is accept Jesus as your saviour. Nothing complicated! :cer_smile:
either Heaven or Hell...depends on the deeds though..
Not exactly the deeds, but your personal belief in whether or not Jesus is your saviour.
We will all go to nowhere. That is what I believe.
That sure is hopeful. :cer_sneeze:
I am a christian, but I will say this, it would be awesome to live as another person(starting out as a baby of course) after your current life span ends. That is just my thought on this subject.
My Humanity 2.0? NOT IN MY HOUSE‼

Kayges

Ebb & Flow
Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Feb 22, 2016
I suppose I'll put my two cents in here, though religion seems to be playing in heavily at the moment. In that sense, I describe myself as Agnostic. I simply do not know if there is a higher being to believe in, so I will not. I choose to believe in myself, instead.

Anyways, to the topic! What happens when we die?

I have my own little feeling towards this and it's really quite simple.
I think whatever happens to you when you die is what you believe is going to happen to you. I know there's no...big theory behind it or some thorough description in a book about it. This is what I believe. I came up with it a couple of years ago when I was having a deep thinking night after some relatives passed away. Why spend my whole life afraid of what could happen or following the rules to a book? That all sounds so very stressfull. I enjoy life just being myself and as a relatively sensible person I can see right from wrong. So, in the end, I suppose it will be a very...intense or emotional moment. At that moment I may very well know what will happen and my belief will pull through. If not, then I'll be sure to find out anyway, hm?

I apologize if that seemed more like a rambling, but I think I got my point across.

Palladium

2012 FTW!
Years

All you have to do is accept Jesus as your saviour. Yes, the Bible does say that humanly, it is easier to fit a came through the eye of a needle than to enter the Kingdom of Heaven. BUT it goes on to say that with God all things are possible. Therefore, all you have to do is accept Jesus as your saviour. Nothing complicated! :cer_smile:

Sorry, but it isn't that simple, you also need to live in as less sins as possible, according to the Bible, and therefore the church.
You can commit sins every once in a while, but you must truly regret them later

Phantom1

[css-div="font-size: 12px; font-variant: small-cap
Years
If your Catholic you can buy a get out of hell free card, or go to confession every week and still be a bank robber.

/overdramatization.

We rot, no souls, just rot. Become worm food.

Philosophically I like to think that, even though I don't believe in an actual soul, I like to think that our 'soul' is the memories loved ones have of us. Just a wishful thought. No theology involved.

That or we rise in a zombie apocalypse.

Years
  • Seen Aug 24, 2012
If you are Canadian, you generally believe that you go to Tim Horton's after you die.
This is by no means the belief system of all, just the majority.

I personally hope that there are Iced Capuccinos.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
I know that every religion has their own view on what there is after death, but I'm not sure if that what we believe in based on our religion, is what is gonna happen (theoretically speaking of course). What I mean is that I don't think that someone who for example is hinduistic, would be more likely to re-incarnate than someone who is christian, because death is equal, and I don't believe that it's based on what we believe during our lives. So also, whether we believe in Jesus or not, I think all that isn't relevant eventually.

Years
  • Seen Nov 21, 2023
If it existed, it would be pretty awesome, but I don't believe in anything more than a mere consciousness after death, if even that much. I've always wanted to believe in an afterlife or reincarnation, but I feel like I'm only lying to myself. I don't see why I should believe in something that humans came up with themselves with no actual experience of what it is like.

To me, it's the same as the people who came up with the idea of the Rapture back in May. They were certain that it would happen, and they were even making up things like it all happening at 6:00 per time zone, but in the end nothing happened.

That's why I find it hard to believe in things people make up with no real knowledge of what will happen.

Briar

how do you make coffee sexy?
Years
If life is a dream, and dying is waking up, then what is going on when we dream while alive?
then that would be a dream within a dream. :-)
just recently watched the movie "inception" and it really made me think of that theory: what if the life i'm living now is just a dream?

as for the topic question, being a person with a religion (christianity), i do believe our "souls" will go somewhere. i'm not sure where exactly, seeing as "Heaven" is a relatively subjective concept. although, i did have a dream once, and it, in a sense, shaped my view of what the after-life is. i think that, when we die, our souls are just there. like, our souls are in a parallel dimension. we are able to see the things happening in the physical world, but we can't act on them. well, these are just musings of a person who hasn't experienced death yet (obviously), or a life-after death experience (or whatever you call it) as some people have, and my beliefs about the after-life may be subject to change in the future.

Years
then that would be a dream within a dream. :-)
just recently watched the movie "inception" and it really made me think of that theory: what if the life i'm living now is just a dream?

77104-inceptionp1.jpg

Obligatory.

There's this PS3 game called Eternal Sonata based on a famous composer named Frederic Francois Chopin and he is in a coma. The game is based within his mind and he eventually believes the world he has created mentally is the "real" world and in the end, he dies and supposedly continues living on in his own world. So I suppose the aforementioned theory isn't too outrageous as other people have considered it and based a game somewhat around the concept too.

--------------

I DEDICATE MY ONE THOUSANDTH POST TO OTHER CHAT - TO THE SITH LORDS LIVE_HADES666 AND RAZER SATAN!

Why is it that there are so many Jedi Knights with their own order and only two Sith lords at any one time? It is because the Sith follow the Rule of Two. One master. One apprentice. One who embodies the power and the other to crave it. Once the apprentice has learned everything the master has to teach, the apprentice kills off the master and seeks a new apprentice to continue the legacy. This is the way of the Sith.

LET US ALL CHANT THE CODE OF THE SITH NOW!

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

BZZZZZZ.jpg

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Last edited:

Maka Chop

【・ヘ・?】
Years
  • Seen Aug 28, 2013
As much as I would like to believe in an afterlife, I think we just disappear.

Years
I don't have any idea, but I think reincarnation is an interesting theory. What if the light at the end of the tunnel when we die is really the light out of our new mother's..uh.. woman thing.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
I've never been a believer of going to heaven/purgatory/hell etc when you die, it just doesn't make sense to me. Plus, I don't like the idea of living forever after my physical body has passed on. The idea of immortality scares me. I've always preferred either dying and thats it, you're done, bada bing bada boom or reincarnation. I know reincarnation is an endless cycle and that makes you 'immortal' in a way, but it's comforting to me that I'm not aware that I have been reincarnated. At least that's what I have been lead to believe? Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Black Ice

[XV]
Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2023
I don't have any idea, but I think reincarnation is an interesting theory. What if the light at the end of the tunnel when we die is really the light out of our new mother's..uh.. woman thing.
And every time we're revived at the last second, a baby dies.

Life just seems too special for it to just all disappear when we die. But that's still what I think happens. Hah.

Years
I've never been a believer of going to heaven/purgatory/hell etc when you die, it just doesn't make sense to me. Plus, I don't like the idea of living forever after my physical body has passed on. The idea of immortality scares me. I've always preferred either dying and thats it, you're done, bada bing bada boom or reincarnation. I know reincarnation is an endless cycle and that makes you 'immortal' in a way, but it's comforting to me that I'm not aware that I have been reincarnated. At least that's what I have been lead to believe? Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Speaking of immortality then, what are your thoughts on pseudo immortality? Let's take an example to clarify. Overlord Drakow has taken over the world, riding on the back of his Hydreigon to victory like a true Dark lord. The embodiment of the supreme ruler is sculptured and his image is also painted on massive canvases. His reign of terror is written down in the history books to be preserved throughout the ages. Although Drakow will eventually die one way or another, his impact on the world will never be forgotten. The concept is pretty much the same for any famous person. If the other extreme is considered, it could be argued that as long as one person remembers someone who has died, they will "live on in their memory". In essence it's a form of immortality. Even if someone dies and say that's it for them - no rebirth or going to Heaven / Hell - what would your stance be on the claim that they will still live on in the memories of the people who closely interacted with the deceased being?

Back