• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon: Adventure to Empire Isle

DaleH771

Pokémon: Giovanni Origins developer
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
Wow, I've just started playing this hack and I'm really impressed! I love how you're expanding on the Sevii Isles, as I always loved those when I first played Fire Red. I hope you continue to work on this, and am anxious for the next beta release! Keep up the good work! :)

One more thing, do you plan on editing any of the movesets / base stats for the Pokémon to make them more balanced? I love playing hacks like Expert Emerald where many of the Pokémon lacking in terms of base stats and shallow movepools have been improved, and would love to see this kind of thing in you hack. Obviously, that's just my opinion and many others wouldn't agree, so it's up to you. Also, did you plan on creating a mini 'guide' showing which routes contain which Pokémon? I'd really appreciate this too, but I understand it's easy for me to ask these things. :)

Thanks, such kind words :)

With regards to Pokemon move sets and base stats, well I've not really given that much thought... It's something I may incorporate into the game but not until a later date :)

And the mini-guide, well I've already added a Hack Document with the Beta as a separate download. This outlines all the current bugs and problems I have with scripting etc. It also contains How-Tos. However as every Isle features rare Pokemon (1 or 2 different Pokemon at the 1% ecouter ratio) I may start to include with routes contain which rare Pokemon, and also the locations of Key and Rare items :) this is more likely to come with Beta 0.2 or 0.3 :)

Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2019
Thanks, such kind words :)

With regards to Pokemon move sets and base stats, well I've not really given that much thought... It's something I may incorporate into the game but not until a later date :)

And the mini-guide, well I've already added a Hack Document with the Beta as a separate download. This outlines all the current bugs and problems I have with scripting etc. It also contains How-Tos. However as every Isle features rare Pokemon (1 or 2 different Pokemon at the 1% ecouter ratio) I may start to include with routes contain which rare Pokemon, and also the locations of Key and Rare items :) this is more likely to come with Beta 0.2 or 0.3 :)
Awesome! Glad to hear that, and thanks for the reply. Another couple of things I thought I'd ask about are:
Do you think you could implement running inside buildings?
Have you changed how certain Pokémon evolve (eg. Ones that usually evolve by trading, now evolve by levelling up)?
And finally, will you still have move tutors? I want my Machoke to have Rock Slide! ;)
Thanks again! :)

DaleH771

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
Awesome! Glad to hear that, and thanks for the reply. Another couple of things I thought I'd ask about are:
Do you think you could implement running inside buildings?
Have you changed how certain Pokémon evolve (eg. Ones that usually evolve by trading, now evolve by levelling up)?
And finally, will you still have move tutors? I want my Machoke to have Rock Slide! ;)
Thanks again! :)

Running inside buildings... Not a necessity but if it doesn't require too much messing around then yes. I'm sure it's only a simple change on Advance Map.

I haven't changed Pokemon yet evolutions but I sure will be for Beta 0.2 when people will need it for Machop, Geodude etc!

And I will yes. There's a guy on Two Island, not sure if he is one of them? Thanks again!

Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2019
One thing I've noticed is that everyone except Nurse Joy say 'Pokemon', as opposed to 'POKéMON' or 'Pokémon'. I don't know whether this was intentional, but it seems to be consistent, which is ok.
One of the people in the forest says 'I'm busying studying these Bug Pokemon hard', which sounds a little strange: http://d.pr/j8kr+
Also, the boy on the bridge says that 'Fire moves are weak against Water types', which makes sense, but wouldn't it make more sense if it were 'Fire types are weak against Water moves'? http://d.pr/s8dg+
Again, pretty minor, but I thought I'd point it out. :)
Both sailors at Three Island Port have their lines cut off: http://d.pr/DiUY+
The sign on Two Island gives out unlimited Revives, I don't know whether this was intentional? http://d.pr/rb7K+
I feel so annoying for nit picking... The Pokemon/Pokémon one doesn't matter as long as it's consistent, and the Fire/Water one doesn't really matter since it still makes sense. :)

EDIT: Any idea why this happens when I open the .sav in Encyclopedia? (see attachment) I want to find my Pokémon's IVs, but Encyclopedia hasn't been working great for me lately. Does anyone have any other Gen III save editor? /offtopic

Last edited:

DaleH771

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
One thing I've noticed is that everyone except Nurse Joy say 'Pokemon', as opposed to 'POKéMON' or 'Pokémon'. I don't know whether this was intentional, but it seems to be consistent, which is ok.
One of the people in the forest says 'I'm busying studying these Bug Pokemon hard', which sounds a little strange: http://d.pr/j8kr+
Also, the boy on the bridge says that 'Fire moves are weak against Water types', which makes sense, but wouldn't it make more sense if it were 'Fire types are weak against Water moves'? http://d.pr/s8dg+
Again, pretty minor, but I thought I'd point it out. :)
Both sailors at Three Island Port have their lines cut off: http://d.pr/DiUY+
The sign on Two Island gives out unlimited Revives, I don't know whether this was intentional? http://d.pr/rb7K+
I feel so annoying for nit picking... The Pokemon/Pokémon one doesn't matter as long as it's consistent, and the Fire/Water one doesn't really matter since it still makes sense. :)

EDIT: Any idea why this happens when I open the .sav in Encyclopedia? (see attachment) I want to find my Pokémon's IVs, but Encyclopedia hasn't been working great for me lately. Does anyone have any other Gen III save editor? /offtopic

The Pokemon/POKEMON thing is something I'll leave how it is. Everyone Sade from nurse my will say Pokemon throughout the game. I just can't edit her script to be the same.

That Tuber kid... It did originally say Water moves are strong against fire types but I changed t for some reason... Haha. I'll give that a look over later.

The Two Island sign certainly wasn't intentional, that's definitely being changed and again thanks for pointing that out!

The sailors at the port. I noticed that bt accidently deleted their original script and forgot to re do it, I'll get that sorted for Beta 0.2 also once I figure which flags I need etc.

Don't feel annoying, this is good stuff that I failed to notice! Any improvement is good ;D

Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2019
Got a couple more things to report:
Missing out an apostrophe in won't: http://d.pr/RJM4+
I don't think adventurer should be capitalised, and 'pleasent' should be pleasant: http://d.pr/lDXq+
I'm not sure what's going on around the edges here: http://d.pr/L6Pg+
And finally, it feels like the difficulty ramps up quite quickly, and early. Kane's (I named my rival Gary, but is this a different person altogether?) Kadabra, and most of the trainers on Empire Isle were very difficult to defeat. My team consists of a Treecko, a Machop and a Spearow, all level 15 and it took my quite a bit of abuse with save states to beat these guys. It was quite frustrating for me anyway, I don't know how anyone else feels.

DaleH771

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
Big News!

I have spent a few hours inserting some new tiles and reconstructing maps!
They consist of mainly D/P tiles. I have changed the PokeCenter, PokeMart, Grass, Rocks, added vents, new grass path, new Bushes and a few more!

Heres some new screenies, which will also be in the threads main page.

Let me know what you think?
(Check it out! Found a shiny Dunsparce whilst Testing the new tiles! :D)

Spoiler:

*New tiles not featured in Beta 0.1*

DaleH771

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
Amazing news!

BETA 0.2 Released!

It's here guys along with an updated Hack Document, helping you will all sorts! Please give it a bash and let me know what you think! Report any bugs if you please and enjoy playing! Thanks again for all your support so far. Beta 0.2 should give a true taste of my mapping and scripting skills. This game isn't easy bare in mind! ;)

Links in threads lead post, lookie there!

- DaleH771.

Hacker Bisharp

Bug reporter
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 28, 2019
So I'm playing hack and is very beautiful.
I like a lot of the palette ^ ^
This is my team:
1628571591.png

I found a mistake
1342892903.png

Please correct it in the next version.

Edit: Another error:
2142227890.png

Last edited by a moderator:

DaleH771

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
So I'm playing hack and is very beautiful.
I like a lot of the palette ^ ^
This is my team:
1628571591.png

I found a mistake
1342892903.png

Please correct it in the next version.

Edit: Another error:
2142227890.png

Thanks for the help! Two very well spotted mistakes, they will certainly be amended for Beta 0.3!

DaleH771

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
defeat 1 gym.
My team:
Meowth: 14
Quilava: 21

Nice work! But be sure to try and keep all of your Pokemon approx. the same level, it's a brilliant strategy!

The game is intended to be difficult, but have I made it too challenging?

Hacker Bisharp

Bug reporter
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 28, 2019
The game is very hard so I like!
Anyway I got to the gym 3 ^, the game ends there?

DaleH771

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
The game is very hard so I like!
Anyway I got to the gym 3 ^, the game ends there?

Ah I'm glad! I kept the wild Pokemon high levels o make training easier :) yes, Empire City is where Beta 0.2 ends. The Gym there is Gym number 4 and so isn't fight able yet.

Make sure you head south of Empire City a defeat the trainers on Isle 5! You'll need the exp :) also check out the Dojo there too! That meowth won't be much use though ;)

DaleH771

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
Happy birthday for the 15th~ I turn 18 on the 28th :3
This looks really good, I'm excited to try it out, unfortunately it'll have to wait a few months, school PRESSURESSSSSS commitments /cries

Happy Birthday for then!

My first A level exam is tomorrow, time to crack on with revision now Ive finished a bit more scripting and tile inserting :3 let me know what you think of the game when you play it!

Back