• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Combined Pokemon Solo Challenge Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Proteun

Unofficial PokéMusic Composer
Years
TeunCornflakes' Ultimate Solo Run

You know, I'd love to do the Ultimate Challenge but I don't have a DS or something. That's why I'll probably stop early.

Username: TeunCornflakes
Pokemon of Choice: Seabubble (Squirtle/Wartortle/Blastoise)
Challenge: Ultimate, I guess.
Game(s): Red, Silver, Emerald, Diamond, White, White 2 (single), (and someday, perhaps) X

So, here it goes...

Pokémon Red screens:
Spoiler:

Off to Johto then! I Gamesharked a level 2 Squirtle right after choosing my HM Slave starter (Totodile) and used a Master Ball for it. All cheats were turned off afterwards.

Pokémon Silver screens:
Spoiler:

Oh God. While grinding for RED, I discovered that we were infected by PokéRus all this time! I don't know how long it was, but it was probably when I caught a Snorlax... I also sped up all the time, so I don't have a clue what the nurse was saying. When I got out of the Pokémon Center, I got called by Elm. That's all I know.

But now I've creamed RED, it's time to move on. We're going to Hoenn!

Same method as for Silver, I "coincidentally" found a level 3 wild Squirtle and caught it with the Master Ball I "coincidentally" had with me.

Pokémon Emerald screens:
Spoiler:

I've tried to stay out of Double Battles as much as I could, but I've been forced into enough to make my HM slave Treecko evolve. Is that a problem? I will box him when we get to the Psychic Sisters or whatever their name is. EDIT: ...which didn't work. I just got my level 5 Wynaut in there.

The Emerald League was like the hardest one so far for someone with only a Water Pokémon. First you had the Dark type, which also used Grass Pokémon; then you got the Ice type, which I almost couldn't hurt with Water attacks; then a full team of Dragons, also resistant against water - and at last we had a Water-type Champion!
I only beat them using a moveset of more than one type:

Seabubble/Blastoise (Emerald) level 79:
Blizzard
Bite
Earthquake
Surf

Also, in the first place I was planning to extend my challenge to beating Steven. But right after I beat the League and started my game again, this happened.
212d6jk.png

Well, damn. Seabubble and I couldn't really say goodbye here, but I guess we'll meet up again in Sinnoh :)

Pokémon Diamond screens:
Spoiler:

Sinnoh was fun! I'll probably start White tomorrow.

Also, as you can see above, I will also run through White 2. I don't really care if it will count for the challenge, I'll just post it here. EDIT: Counting it as single is fine. I will still update it in this post, though :)

As Feraligatr13 recommended, I used this tool to make Squirtle a starter Pokémon. Worked out pretty great, but of course I replaced Oshawott and still had the type disadvantage in the first gym. So that was... fun.

Hell, Unova is more difficult than I thought! It's going slower now. Still grinding for Lenora's Watchog... EDIT: Finally done with that. I even made a new thread about her >:|

Changed the name from SEABUBBLE to SeaBubble halfway because Generation 5 doesn't have caps.

Pokémon White screens:
Spoiler:

Maybe I will finish White in the feature, maybe not. Also, maybe I will do the Pokémon White 2 single challenge that I had planned. I have messed around with some tools for that one, but I just couldn't find a good starter modifier. Meanwhile, I will do my second Ultimate Solo Challenge, with Earthburst the Golem.

Last edited:

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years
You know, I'd love to do the Ultimate Challenge but I don't have a DS or something. So this will probably just count for the first three generations.

Username: TeunCornflakes
Pokemon of Choice: Seabubble/Squirtle
Challenge: Ultimate, I guess.
Game(s): Red, Silver, Emerald, (someday maybe) Diamond, White, X

So, here it goes...

You do know you can use an emulator? for Diamond and White only of course.

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2021
Alright, I've been working on my Blastoise solo in LeafGreen, and I'm almost done, I'm on Six Island now. (Yes, I'm expanding my challenge to beating Mewtwo.)

Speaking of which, why hasn't my solo for Blastoise been added to the challenge list? I know that the OP has been updated since I started.

Hann

What's all the Buzz about...
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 8, 2020
Update #4: Mew - Silver
This one's almost done. I only have to go to Mt.Silver and beat Red which shouldn't be too difficult. I've already started on the next challenge of which I'll include the sign-up later on in this post.

Screens:
Spoiler:

Team:
151.png

Nova the Mew (/) @ Lv.80
Surf
Fire Punch
Earthquake
Psychic

HM Slave(s):
Spoiler:

And the new sign-up
Username: Buzz Buzz
Pokémon: Chesnaught
Challenge: Single
Game: X
I've restarted my game already, putting a few 'hard to get' Pokémon aside in PokéBank. Ideally I want to finish this solo by the end of the week (almost at the 2nd gym right now) because I can only trade on weekends (I have no wireless internet during the week and if I do it's such a hassle). If I manage to do this I might be able to do solo runs and other challenges on X weekly (it'll probably be bi-weekly, 'cause aside from doing the X-solo runs I'll be doing 'regular' solo runs too, so). But I'll try and finish this one first before I make any other plans.

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
Years
Alright, I've been working on my Blastoise solo in LeafGreen, and I'm almost done, I'm on Six Island now. (Yes, I'm expanding my challenge to beating Mewtwo.)

Speaking of which, why hasn't my solo for Blastoise been added to the challenge list? I know that the OP has been updated since I started.

I just double checked the OP and your challenges are there. An ongoing Blastoise solo on LeafGreen, and a completed solo on Crystal, are both in the challenge/champion lists.

EDIT: I finally have an update for my Venusaur Solo on Platinum. No videos this time, it's become too much of a hassle for me. I'll try to use pictures with my next update though. I beat the next 3 gyms giving me a badge count of 5, and I'm just got the city with Cynthia's grandma.

Challenge
Spoiler:

Badges
50px-Coal_Badge.png
50px-Forest_Badge.png
50px-Relic_Badge.png
50px-Cobble_Badge.png
50px-Fen_Badge.png

Spoiler:
003.gif

Belladonna @Quick Claw
Level 47 | Female | Lonely | Overgrow
Return | Earthquake | Petal Dance | Razor Leaf​

Last edited:

Hann

What's all the Buzz about...
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 8, 2020
Update #5: Mew - Silver
Not much to say, just that I've defeated Red. As usual he wasn't too difficult.

Screens:
Spoiler:

Team:
151.png

Nova the Mew (/) @ Lv.84
Surf
Fire Punch
Earthquake
Psychic

Update #1: Chesnaught - X
It took me a little longer than expected, but I finally managed to get to the 2nd gym. Grant wasn't difficult at all, I OHKO his Amaura and 2HKO his Tyrunt. Granted (see what I did there) I was a bit overleveled but I couldn't really help that.

Sadly no screens for this one. Maybe a final one of the Hall of Fame, but I'll have to look into it.

Team:
quilladin.png

Chester the Quirky Quilladin (M) @ Lv.31
Ability: Overgrow
Item: Miracle Seed
Take Down
Bite
Needle Arm
Rollout

HM Slave(s):
Spoiler:

And because my Mew solo run is finished, I'll be starting a new solo run. (Maybe I should slow down...)
Username: Buzz Buzz
Pokémon: Tyranitar
Challenge: Single
Game: Leaf Green

Years
And completed Mightyena solo run on Fire Red! Ed was really cool team member :3

Here is the mighty hall of fame:

Spoiler:

And final Pokemon Status:

Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2021
I just double checked the OP and your challenges are there. An ongoing Blastoise solo on LeafGreen, and a completed solo on Crystal, are both in the challenge/champion lists.

Awesome, thanks.

I'm almost done with my Venusaur solo as well, I've just got to stop being lazy and get through Victory Road :/

EDIT:

Off to Johto then! I Gamesharked a level 2 Squirtle right after choosing my HM Slave starter (Totodile) and used a Master Ball for it. All cheats were turned off afterwards.

Same method as for Silver, I "coincidentally" found a level 3 wild Squirtle and caught it with the Master Ball I "coincidentally" had with me.

Just for future reference, there are some lovely programs for different generations that let you alter what starter Pokemon you can receive and they don't hurt your save or your ROM at all ;)

EDIT AGAIN (I should really start putting edits in spoilers lol): I do believe that the Blastoise run should be under Ultimate challenges instead of Single. I'm aware that I finished 2nd gen before 1st, and I hope that's ok. I had to wait to beat LeafGreen because my friend borrowed my only working DS that could play it, and I got a little impatient. Sry :( Also, I finished that LeafGreen challenge. I decided to extend it to beating Mewtwo, for an extra challenge. No screenshots this time, but I hope to for Hoenn. (This I will put in a spoiler, lol.)

Spoiler:

Last edited:

CelticsPhan

Get Poke'd
Years
I only need one update to finish my Espeon Solorun in FireRed:
Spoiler:

FINAL STATS AND INFO

Spr_2c_196.gif

Sun (Espeon)Lv.100 @Leftovers
Modest Nature
255/153/139/368/213/285

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years
I swear to god, try and do this run yourself you will scream at Juan and Wallace, I trained the god damn Macargo within an inch of mine and its life! Honestly I EV trained the ♥♥♥♥ out of it for the E4 :( Never again!

U5mXywG.png
0u4bpnk.png
vU3esBj.png

Spoiler:

Proteun

Years
And completed Mightyena solo run on Fire Red! Ed was really cool team member :3

Here is the mighty hall of fame:

Spoiler:

And final Pokemon Status:

Spoiler:

Probably you should use VBA's screenshots, instead of making them on your computer. If you use F12, your images will be the size of a normal GBA screen. They are saved in the same folder as your ROM is in.

---

By the way, it seems that my place in the Challengers post doesn't get updated. It still says I'm just halfway through Silver, while I have already beaten all the gyms in Sinnoh ^_^

Last edited:

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years
By the way, it seems that my place in the Challengers post doesn't get updated. It still says I'm just halfway through Silver, while I have already beaten all the gyms in Sinnoh ^_^

With all the solo's that take place it's hard for James to update it all, Usually he just updates when someone finished the challenge which I find is neater.

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
Years
With all the solo's that take place it's hard for James to update it all, Usually he just updates when someone finished the challenge which I find is neater.

That's correct, thank you for pointing that out when I was unavailable. :)

Also it makes it harder for me to see people's progress when they edit it into their post after I have already updated passed said post in the OP. I'm not saying don't edit your posts or anything with more progress but if you see that I already added the progress of that post to the OP then please make a new post or else I won't notice the edit.

I don't have the time to update the OP at the moment but I will hopefully have it updated by tomorrow if not monday.

Proteun

Years
That's correct, thank you for pointing that out when I was unavailable. :)

Also it makes it harder for me to see people's progress when they edit it into their post after I have already updated passed said post in the OP. I'm not saying don't edit your posts or anything with more progress but if you see that I already added the progress of that post to the OP then please make a new post or else I won't notice the edit.

I don't have the time to update the OP at the moment but I will hopefully have it updated by tomorrow if not monday.

Okay, I see. I was playing too much either :D

Years
Nobody else complained about the size of my pictures so far - but if anybody else wants me to make them smaller let me know and I will do so. I know about that other option - but I am not big fan of that option because PB (Image Hosting site I use) tends to resize them a lot - so they would be nearly impossible to see - That's why I am using this size until I figure out how to make PB stop resizing them. They are also in spoilers so you can hide them after you see them/don't have to see them at all.

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years
Nobody else complained about the size of my pictures so far - but if anybody else wants me to make them smaller let me know and I will do so. I know about that other option - but I am not big fan of that option because PB (Image Hosting site I use) tends to resize them a lot - so they would be nearly impossible to see - That's why I am using this size until I figure out how to make PB stop resizing them. They are also in spoilers so you can hide them after you see them/don't have to see them at all.

Do as you see fit, I understand where he was coming from though using the F12 button makes the images not pixelated and look nicer. All in all it's up to you! ;D

Proteun

Years
Challenge:
Spoiler:

Sinnoh was fun! I'll probably start White tomorrow.

Also, as you can see above, I will also run through White 2. I don't really care if it will count for the challenge, I'll just post it here.

As Feraligatr13 recommended, I used this tool to make Squirtle a starter Pokémon. Worked out pretty great, but of course replaced Oshawott and still had the type disadvantage in the first gym. So that was... fun.

Pokémon White screens:
Spoiler:

BlissyMKW

Rawr
Years
My hatred for Luvdisc has grown, and I still have three more of these left. Anyway, Platinum is done.

Team Delta (Final)

luvdisc.png

Attractor (Luvdisc) F Lv. 77 @ Soothe Bell
Nature: Timid
Ability: Swift Swim
Final Stats: 181/69/127/95/128/217 (I kid you not, it's speed is that high, but all it's other stats suck)
Moves: Ice Beam, Charm, Surf, Return​

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
Years
I've tried to stay out of Double Battles as much as I could, but I've been forced into enough to make my HM slave Treecko evolve. Is that a problem? I will box him when we get to the Psychic Sisters or whatever their name is. EDIT: ...which didn't work. I just got my level 5 Wynaut in there.

Also, as you can see above, I will also run through White 2. I don't really care if it will count for the challenge, I'll just post it here.
Since the Hoenn games are jam-packed with double battles I don't mind if your HM slaves and whatnot get some xp, just don't use them outside mandatory double battles and everything is cool.

And I added you White 2 challenge to the single challengers section.

EDIT AGAIN (I should really start putting edits in spoilers lol): I do believe that the Blastoise run should be under Ultimate challenges instead of Single. I'm aware that I finished 2nd gen before 1st, and I hope that's ok. I had to wait to beat LeafGreen because my friend borrowed my only working DS that could play it, and I got a little impatient. Sry :( Also, I finished that LeafGreen challenge. I decided to extend it to beating Mewtwo, for an extra challenge. No screenshots this time, but I hope to for Hoenn. (This I will put in a spoiler, lol.)

I added your Blastoise Ultimate run to the Ultimate Challengers list. The reason I haven't done it before was because you never posted a sign-up for it, only a sign-up for the single on LeafGreen. Even though I already added it can you post a sign-up for it so I can know what other games you're going to play and such?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back