• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Eclipse Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Cipher

Call me Fuxydia~!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 3, 2016
ZABdhEv.png

Is the Backsprite a WIP?
Because it doesn't match the hat postioning on the OW sprite for the player.

Years
  • Seen Apr 30, 2017
would you be willing to give the choice of a mareep as well for a starter? im not keen on luxray

Edit:

If not then il just use wizardry to make mareep my starter XD. I figure ya know the boy/Girl starts on a mareep farm so it would be logical to have one as a starter. I dont like catching it super late game or nothing like that because then i'll already have something stronger. I use to love Luxray but the 4 times i played glazed version >_> I couldn't not pick shinx, So i got a bit tired of seeing it haha

Last edited:

Del

Iт'ѕ rαιɴιɴɢ oυтѕιde [...]
Years
how's the hack dear friend?? (: its really cool!!
Can I have a suggestion to add a trainer in your game with my preference?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 15, 2016
PLEASE... tell me this isn't a joke or some BS.

Like, the one thing I am looking forwards to is having only ONE rom hack where I can actually catch/obtain ALL the pokemon (or 99% of them), rather than having to play multiple roms in order to actually catch all the pokemon.

(and yes, I know, I could just buy a 3DS with the latest Pokemon game, but seriously, not all of us have money to fork over when we have bills and priorities).

Also, if I may ask, how many pokemon are currently obtainable right now? Like, I am certain you can't obtain all 700+ in this hack, after all, the file size is way too small, so I am guessing... a little bit of every generation, or say... about 300 pokemon, right?

Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2017
Whirlipede doesn't have its cry (or no cry at all for that matter).

Also, I think Pangoro in your hack is only Fighting type, when it's supposed to be Fighting/Dark. I say that because I used a bug-type attack on the gym leader's Pangoro and it was not very effective when it's supposed to be normal damage.

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
Is the Backsprite a WIP?
Because it doesn't match the hat postioning on the OW sprite for the player.

Yes, for now it's a minor edit of Red's backsprites from Fire Red.

would you be willing to give the choice of a mareep as well for a starter? im not keen on luxray

Edit:

If not then il just use wizardry to make mareep my starter XD. I figure ya know the boy/Girl starts on a mareep farm so it would be logical to have one as a starter. I dont like catching it super late game or nothing like that because then i'll already have something stronger. I use to love Luxray but the 4 times i played glazed version >_> I couldn't not pick shinx, So i got a bit tired of seeing it haha

I won't be giving the option of Mareep, but there are plenty of other good Pokémon to catch to replace it. You also get to pick one of the Kalos starters after the first Gym, at the Lapis Inn.

how's the hack dear friend?? (: its really cool!!
Can I have a suggestion to add a trainer in your game with my preference?

You could, but no promises!

PLEASE... tell me this isn't a joke or some BS.

Like, the one thing I am looking forwards to is having only ONE rom hack where I can actually catch/obtain ALL the pokemon (or 99% of them), rather than having to play multiple roms in order to actually catch all the pokemon.

(and yes, I know, I could just buy a 3DS with the latest Pokemon game, but seriously, not all of us have money to fork over when we have bills and priorities).

Also, if I may ask, how many pokemon are currently obtainable right now? Like, I am certain you can't obtain all 700+ in this hack, after all, the file size is way too small, so I am guessing... a little bit of every generation, or say... about 300 pokemon, right?

I'm not sure how many, I'm guessing around 200. All 721 will be obtainable eventually, though.

The game crashes for me when i walk down the stairs...
Anyone had the same problem?

I know you got this to work after our PM conversation, enjoy playing!

Whirlipede doesn't have its cry (or no cry at all for that matter).

Also, I think Pangoro in your hack is only Fighting type, when it's supposed to be Fighting/Dark. I say that because I used a bug-type attack on the gym leader's Pangoro and it was not very effective when it's supposed to be normal damage.

Those have both been fixed. Thanks!

zSKk3oC.png

Phantom Phoenix

Lost on the road of life
Years
  • Age 27
  • ???
  • Seen Jul 1, 2020
Yes, for now it's a minor edit of Red's backsprites from Fire Red.

I won't be giving the option of Mareep, but there are plenty of other good Pokémon to catch to replace it. You also get to pick one of the Kalos starters after the first Gym, at the Lapis Inn.

You could, but no promises!

I'm not sure how many, I'm guessing around 200. All 721 will be obtainable eventually, though.

I know you got this to work after our PM conversation, enjoy playing!

Those have both been fixed. Thanks!

zSKk3oC.png

so,that lamp light flickers at night.or every time....

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 3, 2020
Hey I'm pretty new to the rom hacking scene, I've played a few and browsed a lot more and if I'm completely honest I haven't found one that could keep my interest but I gotta say this one gives me quite a bit of enjoyment and I really hope this one doesn't turn into an abandoned one like so many others.

Mostly I just wanted to post to show my support and also I really enjoyed the hidden potion in the inn that you have to go through invisible path off the map to get, it made me nostalgic of the older ff games and gave me a good smile.
Edit:I've also found quite a lot of berries on the ground in the squares with the small shadow, nice touch.

One more thing, I'll try to post bugs I find for you but I currently don't have a pc and I'm doing everything on my phone so screenshots may be weird.

Keep up the good work!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2024
I'm playing version 0.1 and there's a huge bug with teleport. If you used Teleport after using the Pokemon Center in Iris Town it teleports you to Regalia City.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 3, 2020
I'm playing version 0.1 and there's a huge bug with teleport. If you used Teleport after using the Pokemon Center in Iris Town it teleports you to Regalia City.

I'm pretty sure that's known already.

I found a few extremely minor bugs that I don't remember being mentioned in the comments.
The description for the thief is slightly off it says it will steal a pokemon item if they aren't holding one.
In the TM case the description for rock climb is the description for flash.

Sorry if these were mentioned before, I read all the previous comments but may have forgotten about it.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 11, 2019
Awesome hack.Thanks for the hard work you've put into it,i'm looking forward to a new release.By the way,can the puzzle of the music tiles inside the first cave be solved at this point or does it need a key item or trigger event that will become available later on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back