The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > ARCHIVED: Battle Center > In-Game Team Help

Notices

In-Game Team Help Can't defeat the Elite Four with your current team? Need help improving your Battle Subway team? This is the place for team help concerning in-game and casual play. Teams focused on the more competitive aspect of Pokémon must be posted in the Competitive Team Help sub-forum.

Advertise here

Old May 29th, 2013, 03:21 PM
Mega Mawile

Nature: Relaxed

Advertise here
Okay, so I was monotyping a LeafGreen emulator (let me tell you now, my topic has nothing to do with monotypes or emulators) and I have a fairly balanced team (Venusaur, Nidoking, Golbat, Swalot, Haunter, Tentacruel), but my entire team is 10-12 levels lower than Champion Gary's Pidgeot, and my whole team was at half health because I ran out of Potions, which AGAIN was because my Pokemon are a little underleveled. Please let me know how I can train each individual Pokemon the fastest. Also, I wouldn't mind some constructive criticism on those movesets.

Venusaur Lv. 48
Moves:
Cut
Flash
Frenzy Plant
Razor Leaf

Nidoking Lv. 51
Moves:
Thrash
Rock Slide
Dig
Megahorn

Golbat Lv. 48
Moves:
Aerial Ace
Steel Wing
Giga Drain
Bite

Swalot Lv. 49
Moves:
Sludge Bomb
Rock Smash
Stockpile
Strength

Haunter Lv. 48
Moves:
Hypnosis
Sludge Bomb
Dream Eater
Psychic

Tentacruel Lv. 47
Moves:
Acid
Surf
Bubblebeam
Barrier

I'll accept any advice. Thanks!

Owned Challenges:
The Mega Evolution Challenge!
The NPC Trainer Challenge!
Old May 29th, 2013, 03:33 PM
lmcde22

I haven't played these games in years, but i play emerald a lot and what i did in emerald is search for trainers that wanted a rematch and versed them, then when i ran out of people to train against, i would train in victory road for a while until they wanted another rematch. There are probably better methods but this is mine.
Old May 30th, 2013, 06:42 AM
Amore
Now stand up and begin
Community Supporter

Golbat and Haunter can train up fairly vast by vs. seeker against the fighting-type trainers outside Ember Spa. There's a spot you can stand to get around 3 or 4 rematches at once, and running into Ember Spa, healing and running back out again charges the vs. seeker.
Hell, I normally use it for all my team, but I'm just suggesting Haunter and Golbat will have it easiest.
Also, from your description it sounds like you've been to the Pokémon League, therefore you can Fly there, so ditch some HMs. Here's the movesets I'd go with (Adapting from yours):
Spoiler:

Venusaur
Frenzy Plant
Razor Leaf / Giga Drain
Sleep Powder
Sludge Bomb / Leech Seed / Toxic

Sleep Powder can be obtained via move re-learner, really useful to shut down enemies as Venusaur's nearly always going to be hit first. But once they're asleep you can take care of pokémon with Razor Leaf or Giga Drain. Save Frenzy Plant for when you're either against their last pokémon or think you're screwed anyway.
I personally go for Giga Drain and Leech Seed to keep replenishing Hp. But it looks like you taught Golbat Giga Drain, so stick with RL. Toxic is good in that even if they switch they're still affected. Whereas Leech Seed means that if you switch / get KO'd your next pokémon can be healed every turn.

Nidoking
Ice Beam
Megahorn
Earthquake
Thunderbolt

Nidoking's so versatile, but at least give it Earthquake instead of Dig to hit harder. Thunderbolt / Ice Beam between them hit every single pokémon in the game neutrally, and can get you super-effective hits against most of Lorelei's team and all of Lance's, as well as Gary's Charizard.

Golbat
Toxic (if not on Venusaur) / Facade / Secret Power
Aerial Ace
Steel Wing
Giga Drain

Facade / Secret Power makes use of Golbat's higher attack stat compared to Bit (special). The others look allright for in-game tbh.

Swalot
Toxic
Body Slam
Sludge Bomb
Stockpile

Swalot's basically a tank, so use it that way. Toxic to deplete their health, Stockpile to help maintain yours. Sludge Bomb is STAB, Body Slam can paralyse and also hits harder than Strength. And these are all level-up moves, so you don't need to use up tms (provided you have mushrooms)
From tutors you can also get Double-Edge, Explosion or Substitute. If you wanted to go real stallly (which I wouldn't personally due to impatience, but you maybe could) then try Substitute / Toxic / Sludge Bomb / Stockpile.

Haunter
Hypnosis
Shadow Ball / Thunderbolt / Giga Drain
Dream Eater
Psychic

You'll definitely have enough Sludge Bomb in this team, go Shadow Ball. It can lower special defence, giving Psychic more power. If you don't put Thunderbolt on Nidoking, give it Thunderbolt instead, much better to use your special attack stat. Or if you somehow have Giga Drain available, that's still better than Shadow Ball or Sludge Bomb off that 50 base attack.

Tentacruel
Surf
Barrier
Blizzard / Ice Beam
Rest

If you've used Ice Beam on Nidoking (you should), get Blizzard. If you've got a Chesto Berry, use it in case you need to Rest against the Champion. Barrier gives you durability anyway.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here