• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokémon Order and Chaos

Rayquaza.

Lead Dev in Pokémon Order and Chaos
Years
Ok, updates time:

Unfortunately, after feedback from my beta testers, I started looking into the encrypted archive - a file that RPG Maker creats when compiling the data - to find it hadn't actually compiled everything. This was creating runtime errors caused by missing graphics - which RPG Maker failed to compile.

There are also big script errors (all in the battle system) which I am currently fixing by using Luka's EBS scripts. These errors include horrible, temporary displacement of battle sprites when using moves, pokéballs not working and the run button not giving the right message during a trainer battle (I found this out when trying to run from a battle in debug mode, while the testers found it through regular testing).

As I said before, I'm currently working to fix these issues and release a working demo. Unfortunately I cannot possibly say when the demo will be ready because of university work, etc. I can say that I devote time to fixing this little by little. I'll post more updates here and on my DeviantArt when the time comes.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 25, 2018
Hey guys! I'm liking this project so far! Quick question: What engine for Pokemon Essentials are you using to make the battles and transition to battles so smooth and clean?

Rayquaza.

Years
pokemon_chaos__new_logo_by_rayquaza_dot-d9tepz8.png

Ok, updates time.

First of all, thank you to all those who still support this game, if there are any at all...
Second of all, I have finally found the time to debug the game over several weeks. What does this mean? It means that in the next few days, optimistically, there should FINALLY be a demo release.
Now because I'm releasing this straight to the public, I hope that everyone can report any and all bugs they find. In doing so I should be able to fix them as quick as possible, hopefully within 24 hours of the bug being reported.

Any questions? Feel free to ask and I shall try to answer.

Last edited:

Rayquaza.

Years
Finally, I have waited long time for to play Pokemon Chaos demo.
I have one question.
How long would the demo be?

This demo will go up to the first 3 Gyms. It's not much, I know.

Will this have controller support? Great job :)

I don't think RPG Maker supports controllers. It will have standard RMXP controls and a mouse interface though.

Years
Ahh dang! Well thanks for answering and I guess I will use a trusty program for that :) Anways how is the update going on? Any bumps on the road you came across?

Rayquaza.

Years
Ahh dang! Well thanks for answering and I guess I will use a trusty program for that :) Anways how is the update going on? Any bumps on the road you came across?

The only bumps I've encountered were caused by bugs in the previous attempt at a demo release, unfortunately those bugs completely derailed the release and I ran out of time to actually complete it.

Rayquaza.

Years
Wow, a demo is finally going to be released? So excited, looking forward to it!

Love the idea of having eight rounds before fighting the League; it just adds more challenge to the gameplay.

The idea was effectively to add more of a challenge to the game but also to make it more realistic, in terms of the Pokémon Anime, since that is how the league system works in the Anime.

Rayquaza.

Years
pokemon_chaos__demo_release_by_rayquaza_dot-d9utt1d.png

It's finally here, it's finally upon us! So for the first time in a long time, Pokémon Chaos returns with a demo!
This demo will feature up to 3 Gyms and will be updated on the fly with bug fixes*.

So as usual, follow the link below to download it and enjoy!

*bug fixes should take up to 48 hours after being reported.

You can download Pokémon Chaos Demo from here!

lollipop00

#Whatislife
Years
  • Age 26
  • TX
  • Seen Sep 2, 2016
Okay one problem I have is the backgound whenever you fight in a battle. It is completely black. For example I am fighting with my mudkip, I have the options to "fight, bag, pokemon, or run" but the background does not show up and it is completely black (I can still see the words though). (I would post an image but I cannot yet till 5 posts :/) Also if I click "bag" during the battle it stays on the same black screen and does not actually show what I have in my bag (I can still click on things though like pokeballs so I can catch pokemon but it does not change how the screen looks). Pressing "pokemon" though works okay. I hope you can understand what my problem is!

Also in the bag it is spelled "Pok Ball" instead of "Poke Ball"

In the forest for some reason you go through the stairs instead of climbing up them..

Last edited:

Rayquaza.

Years
Okay one problem I have is the backgound whenever you fight in a battle. It is completely black. For example I am fighting with my mudkip, I have the options to "fight, bag, pokemon, or run" but the background does not show up and it is completely black (I can still see the words though). (I would post an image but I cannot yet till 5 posts :/) Also if I click "bag" during the battle it stays on the same black screen and does not actually show what I have in my bag (I can still click on things though like pokeballs so I can catch pokemon but it does not change how the screen looks). Pressing "pokemon" though works okay. I hope you can understand what my problem is!

Also in the bag it is spelled "Pok Ball" instead of "Poke Ball"

In the forest for some reason you go through the stairs instead of climbing up them..

Ok so I think the first problem is to do with EBS so I'll ask Luka S.J about it later. Is it possible for you to send me the link via deviant art?

lollipop00

#Whatislife
Years
  • Age 26
  • TX
  • Seen Sep 2, 2016
Ok so I think the first problem is to do with EBS so I'll ask Luka S.J about it later. Is it possible for you to send me the link via deviant art?

It surely is possible. Let me send it real quick.

I still can battle and do other things but if I get more items it may be hard to look for everything. Also great game by they way, loving it so far!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 22, 2017
Please tell me you plan to add an option to increase the screen size... I mean I'll play it anyway, but still

Rayquaza.

Years
Attention Players.
Please find, either in the main post or on my DeviantArt, an updated link with a fix for the first reported bug.
That is all.

Bug Fix Log:
• Fixed battle screen problem where the bottom screen appears black

Back