• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2011] Pokémon Ruby Destiny - Life of Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2016
Ohh okay thanks. So beating the League is required for the White Path cave? Damn I might have to hoard Rare Candies after all.

Yeah...The level boost is kinda annoying.
But you get to do lots of stuff after the league, anyways.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Is there physical/special class split for every move or just types as in every pre-GenerationIV game?

I've already answered this question.
No, this game doesn't have a physical/special split.

Well thanks for the reply but the the thread for that hack is closed and your general thread is very old I did not want to bump a very old thread.

EDIT: Well I figured out that Aerodactly = Cresslia and Torkoal = Heatran, but which pokemon is replaced by Rotom?

It's been a few years now, so I don't really remember which I replaced for Rotom... =/

Anyway, you can PM me about the bugs, but I am no longer fixing RoL, since there are some people who are making a fix version, or updating it.
I'm just not sure if they already posted it live on the net, or haven't yet.

Years
  • Seen May 6, 2012
alright; i patched Pokemon LOG with a clean pokemon rom, but it doesn't work at all. (I had to make it a .ips file because it was a .rar file) But when i use it on VBA-M it says "Cannot open file" then "Unsupported file type." So, is there a .ips download for it? Not a .rar. I got to make the .rar file a ips. file to use it though. EDIT: I tried using

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2022
i set the clock at night time in game....but it hasnt seem to change since...if tried looking fr other posts...i even tried to check the vba real time clock thing and also a ips patch to change the time....but nothing happened....can anyone help me on this topic ? cos i want my riolu to evolve and i also heard thr are some time based events....thx =)

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Why aren't there aquadine, spyre, garudine and clauseed in pokemon ruby destiny life of guardians?

Here's a little story about Aquadine, Garudine and Clauseed...
When I was still hacking Rescue Rangers, I asked help from a spriter for some cool elemental POKéMON.
He sent me Aquadine, Garudine and Clauseed, and made me believe that he made it.
A few months flew by and someone PM'ed me, stating that he was the original spriter of those three and demanded to remove them from the game (he also provided proof that it really belonged to him), but since I couldn't remove them in the game 'cause they were already introduced, he gave me his permission to have them in Rescue Rangers only.

And about Spyre, he's an original sprite from my other spriter, but it just doesn't feel right to only have him in LoG while the other three are absent, so, the four are gone. :(

And that is why they are not in Life of Guardians.
The end. :)

i set the clock at night time in game....but it hasnt seem to change since...if tried looking fr other posts...i even tried to check the vba real time clock thing and also a ips patch to change the time....but nothing happened....can anyone help me on this topic ? cos i want my riolu to evolve and i also heard thr are some time based events....thx =)

There are no time-based events in the game, and Riolu evolves no matter what time of the day it is (in this game, at least).
The only POKéMON in the game that requires the different time of the day are Eevee (to Espeon and Umbreon) and Sneasel.

alright; i patched Pokemon LOG with a clean pokemon rom, but it doesn't work at all. (I had to make it a .ips file because it was a .rar file) But when i use it on VBA-M it says "Cannot open file" then "Unsupported file type." So, is there a .ips download for it? Not a .rar. I got to make the .rar file a ips. file to use it though. EDIT: I tried using

Download WinRar from the internet so you can extract/open .rar files...

Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2013
It would be very cool to get all the elemental monkeys in the wild. I'd also like to state that there are not enough ghost pokemon! Where is Ghastly? Spiritomb is cool enough but he doesn't evolve and I really like pokemon to evolve! What's the point of training a poke if it can't evolve? I know i know! Lapras and her Sheer Cold + Leppa berries in the league...and save/load from an emulator :D
As for other things: how about cutting the maze game dude talk to a minimum yes/no?I don't care he's gotta pay his bills. I can read about it once but why do I have to each time I talk to him? What about apricorn poke balls? It would be nice to get some friend balls.
How about adding a ton of new stuff? :> More pokemon would also be fine :)
Sorry for the chaotic post, Destine. I really love the game!

Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2016

Hi. Kirby's back with more glitches. Yay! Ehehehe...Sorry.
Spoiler:

Anyways, can't wait for the next beta.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
Here's a little story about Aquadine, Garudine and Clauseed...
When I was still hacking Rescue Rangers, I asked help from a spriter for some cool elemental POKéMON.
He sent me Aquadine, Garudine and Clauseed, and made me believe that he made it.
A few months flew by and someone PM'ed me, stating that he was the original spriter of those three and demanded to remove them from the game (he also provided proof that it really belonged to him), but since I couldn't remove them in the game 'cause they were already introduced, he gave me his permission to have them in Rescue Rangers only.

And about Spyre, he's an original sprite from my other spriter, but it just doesn't feel right to only have him in LoG while the other three are absent, so, the four are gone. :(

And that is why they are not in Life of Guardians.
The end. :)

Aww, I liked those four. So...If someone decides to remake RR, what happens with them?

Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2013
A very strange thing happened to me today! So I was finishing the Devihel league part, using the visual Boy Advance on my computer. I've done all the stuff with transfering saves between my comp and mobile phone. I've decided to check on my berry plantation right from Guardia Town. When I got there all the berries were gone! What's up with that? I've reset my game and they were back where I planted them. Strange...
BTW Why are berries growing so slow now? I used to get 2-3 crops per week. Now I didn't even get 1 hervest after a week 0_0 Does using the Wailmer Pail change anything with berries? How can I maximize my crops? Plant berries in specific places or what?

Years
I forgot to mention one glitch. There is a Karateman who speaks of his Machop, yet he doesn't have a Machop. I think it was near the Pokémon League, but I don't remember... As I'll play this game again to do the Good and Bad stories, I'll see if can find him and tell you exactly where he is.

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
I forgot to mention one glitch. There is a Karateman who speaks of his Machop, yet he doesn't have a Machop. I think it was near the Pokémon League, but I don't remember... As I'll play this game again to do the Good and Bad stories, I'll see if can find him and tell you exactly where he is.

I'll try and look for that guy.
Thanks~

A very strange thing happened to me today! So I was finishing the Devihel league part, using the visual Boy Advance on my computer. I've done all the stuff with transfering saves between my comp and mobile phone. I've decided to check on my berry plantation right from Guardia Town. When I got there all the berries were gone! What's up with that? I've reset my game and they were back where I planted them. Strange...
BTW Why are berries growing so slow now? I used to get 2-3 crops per week. Now I didn't even get 1 hervest after a week 0_0 Does using the Wailmer Pail change anything with berries? How can I maximize my crops? Plant berries in specific places or what?

I think LoG has berry issues...
My theory is that the berry system uses the flags above 1000, which is what I used in this hack. =/

Aww, I liked those four. So...If someone decides to remake RR, what happens with them?

They will have to remove them if they are aware of the story. =/

How can I catch chaomega in LoG

Talk to Jason inside the Tower of Fate.

Hi. Kirby's back with more glitches. Yay! Ehehehe...Sorry.
Spoiler:

Anyways, can't wait for the next beta.

Thanks for the bug reports.
Also, why can't you wait for the next beta? It's only bug fixes. =/

How about adding a ton of new stuff? :> More pokemon would also be fine :)

I could but my mind is set for SkyLine. =/

hey thx fr the reply man...great game...thx fr ur hard work =) mean it ^^

Thanks~ :)

Eriah

A lost past, hidden in shadow.
Years
Why isn't there celebi in ilex forest

I would think Ilex Forest is just a place to visit, like the rest of Johto are in RoL and LoG, and has no real meaning. The reason you could get Lugia is because he has a part in RoL and thus is obtainable in the Whirl Islands. I wouldn't expect Celebi to have any part in the game, though it would be interesting to run into him there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back