• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Player Outfit Contest! [Past Protags]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Player Outfit Contest

Hi everyone, and welcome to another Player Outfit Contest! In this event, all you have to do sign-up, dress your character up accordingly to the provided theme, and post a picture. This contest will last three weeks; we'll be having entries during week one and two, and in the third week, we will cast our votes. The person who wins will get to choose the theme for the September contest, and those who at least participate will be rewarded with an emblem.

Theme: Previous protagonists. Dress up your character as one of the player characters from previous Pokemon games! (except for May and Brendan) Idea provided by MIAU

Rules & Guidelines

You're allowed to submit up to three screenshots of your character.
If you're caught posting others' characters (and not yours), you will immediately be disqualified.
You may comment on other people's outfits, but please don't forget the 4 word/25 characters rule.
Entries will remain open until August 15th; if you'd like to participate, sign-up before then.
If you're unsure of something and would like to ask a question, then you may post it here.

Registration Sheet

Ready to sign-up? Fill out the form below and post a reply!

[b]Username[/b]:
[b]Player Name[/b]:
[b]Screenshot(s)[/b]:

PokeChris123

Pokémon Trainer
Years
Username: PokeChris123
Player Name:Christian

I will be trying to dress up my character as Hilbert from Pokemon Black/White.
185px-Black_White_Hilbert.png

Screenshot(s):
c7ac9c10-19e9-11e4-83d0-068eb5ad0ab9.jpeg
445c2950-19f5-11e4-83d0-068eb5ad0ab9.jpeg
caea3c70-1a4d-11e4-8826-068eb5990048.jpeg

I tried to get it to look exactly like the original, but some things just weren't quite right (for example: Hilbert's hat in Black/White was Red in front and White in back, but the closest thing to that in X and Y was a hat which was White in front and Red in back). But I tried my best!

Last edited:
Years
^ ^ Omg that looks amazing!! :) I can't believe how spot-on you've managed to get yours, especially the hair :)

I've decided to do mine based on...

185px-Black_White_Hilda.png

Hilda, from Black/White :)

Username: XtinaIsMeLuvinWWE
Player Name: Laura

Screenshot(s):
HNI_0037.jpg
HNI_0040.jpg

HNI_0041.jpg

You wouldn't believe how many different combinations of top / socks / boots I tried to get something even vaguely similar lol but in the end, this is what I've settled on :)

I chose Hilda as her style is closest to mine in real life, with the ponytail (although my character is normally blonde with green eyes so some contact lenses and major hair-dyeing went on lol) and outfit, and I wanted it to stay as true to my tastes as possible because my character is named after me :)

I'm happy with the hat, bag and shorts although I couldn't decide between the white version of the top I picked and the black one, as her main top is white but my reason for picking the black is because that colour is more prominent when you look at Hilda's design :)

The boots were chosen because there's a pink sole on the bottom just like Hilda's, which is visible if you look closely :) The socks were an unessary addition really as it deviates from Hilda's true design somewhat but I wanted to include them to add some Team Flare flair to my character, as well as enhance the pink/white parts of Hilda's design, and reducing the black somewhat :)

USC Yuuka

The USC
Years
Omg those are too good. I doubt I'll win but I thought I'd give it a try anyways cause it looked fun.

After much experimentation, I decided on a genderbent Ethan from Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver (I hope genderbending is allowed).
200px-HeartGold_SoulSilver_Ethan.png

Username: USC Yuuka
Player Name: Aki

Screenshot(s):
tumblr_na9hs5u8pS1tfpaqbo2_400.jpg
tumblr_na9hs5u8pS1tfpaqbo4_400.jpg

tumblr_na9hs5u8pS1tfpaqbo1_400.jpg

(I chose a terrible place to take pictures in this outfit)

First and foremost, I'm pretty sure you've noticed the hat. Well, after I spent like 15 minutes looking through my hats and online for the whole list, I found out that there was nothing even remotely similar to Ethan's hat... So I just chose the one with the most black on it, even though the most prominent part of Ethan's hat is the yellow stripe.

I would've loved to have worn knee length shorts instead of these but I don't think there are any for the girls (These shorts fit with the genderbent theme anyways). The top was chosen mainly for it's color and the all-important zipper. I'm even conveniently wearing the mega ring the same way as Ethan is wearing his watch. owo

I have no clue how Ethan's bag actually looks but seeing as how it's gray, I just went with white. Of course I can't carry backpacks so it's a tote uwu... I had also tried white for the shoes, but they stood out so much that I decided to make them red to match my top. I wanted to try out the different hairstyles but I had just spent most of my money in the Luminose boutique. I just went with what I thought would look good and I think it does. I'm not wearing socks because, for some strange reason, Ethan isn't wearing (visible) socks. Unless he's actually wearing skin tone tights...

So I hope you liked my genderbent Ethan! I gave it my all (as long as I had enough money!)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
I'm gonna dress up as Dawn from DPPt, she's my favorite protagonist in the games. c:

48u4t9K.png

She's got a lot of outfits in the anime but since this is on past game protags, I'll copy this one. Also her hair is kinda blue in the anime, and that's not an option here. :P

Username: Juno
Player Name: Karen
Screenshot(s):
w614wy6.jpg

OGTRjrz.jpg

P3ImGrm.jpg

There are no pink boots in the game, so I went with the white - I was going to wear the pink high tops with some white socks, but I figure people usually don't wear sneakers with coats like that lol.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
The submission period is now over. No more entries will be accepted.

Now we'll be moving onto the voting phase! It will last for one week, until August 23rd. So make sure to vote for your favorite one by then!

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Oh my goodness, so many great entries we have here; to be honest, it's impossible for me to go with just one... if I absolutely have to, though, then I'd say my vote would probably go towards Karen--Juno's entry. Everything she got is spot-on, aside from those shoes that she mentioned (and perhaps also her hat, but that's completely understandable, since nothing could be found that looks exactly like Dawn's), and all-in-all, the character looks simply adorable.

Every one of us have done a fantastic job, though!

Years
I'm going to vote for PokeChris123 and his recreation of Hilbert. It's the one out of all the entries that I found the most accurate looking to the chosen character, in fact pretty much everything looks so identical to Hilbert's actual clothing except for maybe the hat.

Good luck to everyone else as well, may the best design win.

Years
I hope I'm still in time to vote! It's still the 23rd right so hopefully it's okay :)

This is really hard (and I swear I'm not just saying that haha) cause I think everyone else did really well, especially with having to work with whatever was available in X/Y :)

Before I give my vote, I want to give an honourable mention to USC Yuuka - my favourite protagonist is Gold/Ethan and I was really hoping someone would pick him haha, and I've gotta say I love that she added her own little twist :) It was a bold move and imo really paid off :) Also to Juno, the coat just screams Dawn so that was another fantastic choice, the background also was well-chosen cause (maybe it's just me seeing things lol) but it seems to give her hair a blue tinge just like the real Dawn :)

So again, it was honestly very hard for me to choose because there was something very likeable about each, but at the end of the day I'm giving my vote to PokeChris123 :) Firstly because I'm blown away by how alike his interpretation of Hilbert is, from the clothes to the hair to the bag going over the shoulder, especially considering (from what I've heard) how limited the male clothing options are in X/Y :) I know he was worried about the hat but I think everyone who did the contest can sympathise haha :) Certainly for me the hat was one of the trickiest things to match to the real protagonist, so I'm not even gonna take that into account cause the rest of his outfit is just too good lol :)

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Alright so now its time to announce the winner. The winner of the contest this time is....

PokeChris123's Hilbert! So congratulations to you!

you all suck for not voting for the Hilda one

I thought that these were all some great entries; it's nice that y'all were able to make such great recreations of the other player characters with X and Y's somewhat limited options. And now I'll get to dealing with the prizes.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back