• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Development: Customising the Oak Tutorial

Touched

Resident ASMAGICIAN
Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Feb 1, 2018
Since Shiny Quagsire has built both custom introductions and titlescreens in C, the last step in the intro sequence is the Oak Tutorial. Recently, I started work on making something similar to the Platinum intro in FireRed. This sequence is written entirely in C, and my progress can be tracked on GitHub.

Basically, this project has two goals:
  1. Allow the creation of custom Oak Tutorials
  2. Neaten up the process of using C for hacking
I will be making a library to go along with this, so making more stuff will be relatively easy. It will take a while, because I have to research the whole system while copying it. Here is a sample video.

There are a few kinks which I haven't yet worked out. The first one is the font colour of the multichoice. I haven't yet figured out how to make that black. Next, is the fact that I don't know how to wait for a message to finish rendering, thus the timing on the multichoice boxes is a little off. These aren't very high priority at the moment, but if anyone has some tips, it'd be much appreciated.

kearnseyboy6

Aussie's Toughest Mudder
Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2019
For myself, I generally just search the palette colours in a hex editor and make them 00 00 for black. Unless that palette is shared by the background or Gary but I'm not sure.

Back