• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
Don't know if the kind of question goes here, if not, then sorry.

I have made this map, ben when i move down, the arrow appears, and oddly enough its the same movement permission tile used as the Sevault Canyon in FR/LF (this is a LG hack):
questionyd5.png

What do I do to get rid of it?
It's not the movement permissions, it's the tile. Make sure the tile has no "warp below tile" set.

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years
Can someone please answer my question. Iv'e searched and coulndnt find an answer.
I'n ruby I need to change the poocheyena you fight after you get your first pokemon to a pidgey. I think that the way to edit it is with a hex editor but I could be wrong and I don't know the offset. So my question...

How do I change it so that you battle a pidgey and not a poocheyena?

I'm still trying to get this done. Please don't say its a wildbattle cause it's not it's a special. if someone know please tell me.

Cy-Chan

GSC Hacker
Years

Tauwasser's document? Yes. It's useful for hex scripting. I haven't the foggiest which codes mean what in PKSV.

Ah, hold up. score_under supplied a very useful file in the PKSV thread. Scripting ho!

In other things, is there actually a decent map editor for Crystal anymore? I recall there used to be a CrysMap about, but that seems to have gone the way of the dodo.

Last edited:

IIMarckus

J946@5488AA97464
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
In other things, is there actually a decent map editor for Crystal anymore? I recall there used to be a CrysMap about, but that seems to have gone the way of the dodo.
Presea's archive has a copy, made for the German version. I recall that the last time I used it (a long time ago), it had some issues with the English version.

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
Hey guys, does anyone know the answer to this question? I really need to know, and I'm pretty sure someone knows something about it........Please help me!!!

You'll have to edit it just like you edit any other palette. Search for palette editing tutorials in the Tutorials section if you don't know how to do that. But, you should know that editing one of the three palettes for the icons will affect all the pokémon icons using that palette, there's only three palettes for all the pokémon icons.

Jerros

TloS FTW!!!
Years
Ok guys, I'm doing something wrong with inserting a new sprite over one of the 25 empty spots in Emerald, but I really can't figure out what...

So, I have an indexed sprite of Togekiss, it's 64x64 and has only 16 colours.
I open unLZ, import the sprite, click on "write to rom", and export only the image (I don't care about the palette yet).
Then, I enter an empty offset I found using a hex-editor. (the offset is 00E5xxxx, don't remember exactly).
Lastly, I go to PEP, and enter my offset in the "Image ofset" field.

But nothing has changed at all when I encounter "togekiss"!
I have it's stats and name ect. already editted, but I just encounter a Togekiss with the "??" sprite.

So, what am I doing wrong?

Years
I may be barking up the wrong tree here, but this computer I'm using is driving me crazy so I don't want to do this myself in fear of it restarting again.
Enough on that, would anybody happen to have the RAM location of LASTRESULT in a Fire Red ROM (or any other Pokemon ROM). Like I said, I'd normally find it myself but with this computer I'm using, is just too annoying.

Hopefully someone who knows what I'm talking about will see this and help me a bit.

Andryandrew

Italian Asm Hacker
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 4, 2015
I may be barking up the wrong tree here, but this computer I'm using is driving me crazy so I don't want to do this myself in fear of it restarting again.
Enough on that, would anybody happen to have the RAM location of LASTRESULT in a Fire Red ROM (or any other Pokemon ROM). Like I said, I'd normally find it myself but with this computer I'm using, is just too annoying.

Hopefully someone who knows what I'm talking about will see this and help me a bit.
for Leaf Green is 020370D0... I think it should work in Fire Red too

alexander7161

pokemon game hacker
Years
tiles

when i get tiles from my team and forums here i put them in advance map block editor and it makes like a silhouette in a color please help

Andryandrew

Italian Asm Hacker
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 4, 2015
when i get tiles from my team and forums here i put them in advance map block editor and it makes like a silhouette in a color please help
I doesn't understand well your problem, but i think you have to change palette....

Destrozone

Finally Flyin' Solo
Years
You'll have to edit it just like you edit any other palette. Search for palette editing tutorials in the Tutorials section if you don't know how to do that. But, you should know that editing one of the three palettes for the icons will affect all the pokémon icons using that palette, there's only three palettes for all the pokémon icons.
Ok I will remember that! But, is there a way to expand it, so that there are more pallettes for all of the icons?

Also, can someone tell me what the offset in Unlz (fire red) the I can find the question mark sprite?? You know, the one that is for a pokemon that doesn't exist?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 8, 2016
I'm trying to import tiles tiles and rombases from FireRed and making them work on Ruby. I had to reorder the tileset for water animations, shore animations, etc. Now that everything's working, I noticed something pretty important. Ruby's door animations are two parts. By two parts, I mean two tiles... One on top and one on the bottom, unlike FR. So here comes my question. Is there a way to take that animation off? I know I could edit the top part and make the door work perfectley for one building, however then if I use that door on a DIFFERENT building the door animation on the top will be screwed up.

Jerros

TloS FTW!!!
Years
I have a problem with giving a sprite to the 25 empty slots in emerald...

The sprite simply doesn't work for me...
I've done everything you've said EXACTLY, but I still encounter a "??" sprite called Togekiss (the one i'm trying to insert).

This is what I do:

First I have my Togekiss sprite.
It has 64x64 pixels and 16 colours.

Next, I go to unLZ, import the sprite, and click on "Write to Rom".
I only tick the "Image" box, since that's what i'm only caring for now.
I enter my empty offset in the "image offset" box in unZL (The offset is 00E5D080).
Now i click on "OK" in unLZ.

Next I open my rom in PEP, i go to the first questionmark (called Togekiss).
Now I enter E5D080 in the top box, called "Sprite offset".
I hit the save button, open the rom, and I still encounter a Togekiss with the ?? sprite.

What am I doing wrong!?

Also, something completely else, what is the number in unLZ for the badges in emerald?
There's a topic about that, but they give only the frontier symbol offsets.

Lyzo

Back from vacation
Years
I was wondering... You know how in almost all the pokemon games you have "roaming" pokemon. (Suicune, Entei, Latios, Latias). Is it possible to make a script at some part during the game to make one of these pokemon? Has anyone ever tried this before or know how to do it?

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2013
Pretty simple question, how do I edit events in Emerald, is their a particular program? I want to change the Rayquaza and Kyogre and Groudon enncounters to be another pokemon, the battle that is not jst the apearence. Anyone know how I would go about doing t

~Thank You~​

Lyzo

Back from vacation
Years
Pretty simple question, how do I edit events in Emerald, is their a particular program? I want to change the Rayquaza and Kyogre and Groudon enncounters to be another pokemon, the battle that is not jst the apearence. Anyone know how I would go about doing t

~Thank You~​

Look around in the Documents/Tutorials section. You'll find many ways to hack events, maps, sprites and much more!

Does anyone know what this flag is for in FireRed? Flag 0x10AC.
I think it has something to do with the three legendary dogs... but I'm not sure...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back