• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

15 Minutes Of Fame

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
I played piano in my school's talent show in the third grade. It's wasn't that impressive, but it did take all I had to get in front of that many people.

Other then that, I've been in the newspaper and on the local news quite a few times when I was younger, and as recently as high school. The last time we played some jazz as the news team was cutting for commercial break to advertise for our fundraiser. The only bad thing about it was that I had to be at the school at 5:00 AM in order to make the broadcast. That, and the reporter was a bit of a dork, haha.

Years
I made an appearance in a Vine from Charles Martinet (voice actor of Mario/Luigi/Wario/Waluigi) when he was at ShadoCon.

Other than that, I appeared in two video during my reign as an editor in my high school's television production program.

Spiff

love child
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 30, 2023
In high school I was a runner up for all-state in basketball. I was also featured in Nintendo Power for my Animal Crossing theme in Wild World.

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2016
I was in the local paper when I was 8. Just a photo for the yearly schools out kids party done by the village.

Years
Let's see... in middle school, I was very into playing violin and piano. I won several musical competitions, got into the state's regional orchestra, and entertained my orchestra class by playing video game music on piano. However, I haven't played any music for the most part for almost three years now, so I'm sad to say that being musical isn't really part of my identity anymore...

In high school, I still played music, but also pushed forward my visual art skills. Won some awards with traditional coursework as well as getting a Christmas illustration made into a gift card for a fundraiser that was quite popular with customers, apparently.

In college, it was for some reason seen as cool that I had top grades in my Geology course? I guess people wanted a good study partner to help carry them through the class.

As for online presence... I used to put some art online but I'll be damned if I ever got noticed for that, haha. Though to be honest, I prefer some obscurity. I appreciate the few compliments I got from those who do notice. More popular than any art I ever posted online was probably some Animal Crossing posts I made on tumblr that got several thousand notes for whatever reason. Meh.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 8, 2015
I won a music competition on my campus. I think I won because the best 2 acts were not prepared, and one chose not to use a mic. Even so, it was nice.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
Years
Getting the first rank in high school sure can make you famous even after you leave for college haha.

On a side note, my brother just got his 1 hour of fame on a game show. His twitter is booming with followers now.

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
Years
I was at an Ontario Hockey League game in Owen Sound (vs. the Kitchener Rangers). About 3,000 people in attendance + people watching on TV. My seat was randomly selected of 3,000 people for a 20$ Home Hardware gift card and a Hat Trick of 200$ (only if one player on the Owen Sound team scored more than three times).

The team captain let me down! He scored twice and missed his overtime shot. I ended up giving the 20$ gift certificate to my significant other's parents since I had no idea where the Home Hardware was (it was a particular one and the certificate only worked there). That, and living in Ottawa I wasn't going to drive 7h away again to find it.

I was in the newspaper a few times: when I was born, when I graduated highschool, and when I participated in trying on a diving suit (with the oxygen tanks and big helmet) when I was eleven or so. That was the day I realized I am claustrophobic.

Other than that, nothing to report, I don't think.

kyuubi93

What a bother
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 24, 2018
A long time ago, I was once the party king of East Mesa. Everyone knew my name, everyone had been to my place to party, and everyone always had something great to say about partying at mi casa. Those were some goooood times, I felt like a celebrity because literally everyone knew me! But then as I grew up, that popularity faded when my partying gave way to a more responsible lifestyle.

To this day some people still know me, but I'm definitely nowhere near as popular as I once was. So I guess that's my 15 minutes of fame.

Back