• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Best Console Menu

Years
Same as title. Which is the best videogame menu that you can think of? You know, the one's that you click through when you're not playing a game. Mine's propably the one used for the original Xbox even though that was not my console of choice back then. Really made you excited to play with all that green and stuff. Anyways, what about you? Which console menu you regard as your favourite?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I really like the Wii U's menu. Seeing all the Miis in the Plaza and seeing what's popular is a nice touch. I once saw people were playing DK64 and I didn't even know you could get that on the Wii U so that was kind of cool. The quick menu is nice as well. It's easy and convenient so I can just go ahead and click on whatever I wanna do and not have to wait on the TV to catch up loading stuff when I'm just really ready to play or watch Netflix. Thank you, Gamepad.

Eden

Right you are, Ken!
Years
My favorite console UI is probably the Wii's. The channel menu alone seemed like a tech demo. When I first got the console I'm pretty sure I fiddled with that stupid menu for a solid half hour at least.

PS2 I seem to be a nostalgic one on me though. The boot screen and what followed after not putting a disc in always felt a little hypnotizing.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
Years
I actually really liked the NXE on Xbox 360. The blades were nostalgic, yeah, but it was a nightmare to navigate them. The NXE put everything at your fingertips in a fairly organized fashion, and it was nice to look at to boot. Too bad they took a crap all over the 360's interface when they redesigned it again in Metro style.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Xbox One's upcoming UI is looking very sweet, at least to me! From what I've seen, the design maintains its current simplicity and whatnot, without resembling Windows too closely (this is something I've disliked in the interface we have now, since, as I had said in other threads, it doesn't help making Xbox One seem any more... special). Aside from that, I believe it's also meant to be more interactive, and I'm looking forward to see how that will work out.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
Years
i really like the Wiiu's screen. i just like how it looks and how organized it is. I just got an xbox one and the console screen is still confusing for me. gotta get used to it.

Years
i really like the Wiiu's screen. i just like how it looks and how organized it is. I just got an xbox one and the console screen is still confusing for me. gotta get used to it.

Yeah, the Wii U menu is rather clean. Got any favourite games for the system?

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
I absolutely love the PS3's XMB. It's really simple to use and to direct yourself around, and you can get all sorts of themes for it. I really liked having a Fallout 3 theme to it.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Wii U's OS is okay, kinda bad. It looks fine, but it's slow and just poorly optimized. Used to be worse though.

I'm going with 360's NXE.

Yukari

I dunno. I like the Wii's console menu. But I don't think I have a favorite.

Years
  • Seen Mar 21, 2016
PS3 - Purely for the amount of custom themes avaliable litreally anything was avaliable and was so easy to use (PSN store on this thou was SOOOOO SLOW)

Wii U menu is pretty epic because it has the on screen half and the other half is displayed on the gamepad

PirateMonkey09

Poké Fan since 1998
Years
PS4 - mostly because I can instantly see what's new with my friends, games they're playing and then jump right into a game myself. As well as pause the game at any time to watch Netflix while the game is paused and after Netflix just continue playing where I left off. Suits my needs. XP

Ponyta

Diamond Hooves
Years
Xbox One. I love the setup because of how similar it is to my windows phone and tablet. Also the colors I can pick are pleasing to my eyes. 0u0

Years
I like to PS4 for the speed it responds to when opening in-game. It also is clear and logical. The change is definitely a clear upgrade on PS3, which was so slow...

Back