• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleacher

Chaos Worshipper
Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2013
@RHCP- Hope you will be back soon. You were my RP mentor and would be missed at PC. :(

@Gimmepie- PMing you the major plot details now.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Welp, I'm back, y'all! I'm itchin' for a good roleplay to occupy my schedule, and I have spring break right now soooo the timing is absolutely perfect. :D

(this is Megan/Leaf Storm btw. the anonymity of these posts are killing me lol)

Awww Red, I'll miss you. :(

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Nooo Red you're not allowed to leave me! What are you thinking?!

ps That's understandable but I can't wait to have you back in a month!

Bleacher

Chaos Worshipper
Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2013
Bleacher here.. I have posted the OOC thread. Hope it gets accepted. Now working on the IC.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
gimmepie takes care of echo in the meantime <3

I still update the RP library btw. Just so you know. It's viable.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years
For those of you who meddled around in the Other Trivia Section, you'll know what I'm talking about.

Otherwise guys, listen up.

A while ago, a thought came to me regarding the distinction between the Discussion Thread, and normal IC threads. When the Incredibly Wandering Thread showed up, and people started to post in it I thought; Why not make an RP like that?

With the working title as the RP Corner Nightclub, essentially it would be a thread where RPers could go to casually RP in a semi-social environment. It wouldn't require any sign-ups, but rather people could come as themselves, their forum persona, or as any of the myriad characters RPers have from RPs new and old.

I'm still working on the logistics, regulations and layout of the thread, but would people be interested in this kind of thread? Discussion of topics over a cold pint of Beer* with your friends, or play a game of Fooseball or a Pokemon Battle with another RPer. I guess what I'm trying to get at is it's not a thread where talk is limited to being about Roleplaying or and IC that has to follow a linear path or requires and SU; practically a casual RPing thread that you can have a little fun in.

Any takers?

*Non-Alcoholic drinks served for those underaged. XD

Reactions: SV

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
For those of you who meddled around in the Other Trivia Section, you'll know what I'm talking about.

A while ago, a thought came to me regarding the distinction between the Discussion Thread, and normal IC threads. When the Incredibly Wandering Thread showed up, and people started to post in it I thought; Why not make an RP like that?

With the working title as the RP Corner Nightclub, essentially it would be a thread where RPers could go to casually RP in a semi-social environment. It wouldn't require any sign-ups, but rather people could come as themselves, their forum persona, or as any of the myriad characters RPers have from RPs new and old.

I'm still working on the logistics, regulations and layout of the thread, but would people be interested in this kind of thread? Discussion of topics over a cold pint of Beer* with your friends, or play a game of Fooseball or a Pokemon Battle with another RPer. I guess what I'm trying to get at is it's not a thread where talk is limited to being about Roleplaying or and IC that has to follow a linear path or requires and SU; practically a casual RPing thread that you can have a little fun in.

Any takers?

I like this idea ^^ …… can I serve the drinks? c:<

BY THE WAY: that's "Arrow" in your signature right…? ;o

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023

Any takers?

Not gonna lie, I actually thought of something similar (but that was something crazier, like actually discussing ideas in IC xD) when I saw the Nightclub over in Other Trivia, but I could never think of how it could actually fit in this section. Of course, I'm all up for the idea, it always sounded fun. It would help get some unsure RPers get a feel of RPing as well, I believe.

Years
@Japanese dude - I actually quite like the idea, it's almost like social networking in RP format except that you can take on any persona you like. I'd say it will be a great way of allowing people to get better RPing and for getting to know the other RPers in the corner.

Limanya

Page of Breath
Years

Any takers?

I was planning on something like that, actually! Pretty sure you could pull it off better XD

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024

Any takers?

Like a casual, hit-and-run, signupless, always ongoing RP set in a specific town/café/situation? I'm all for it.

Maybe the setting could change every month or so.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I am also in agreement. :3 It's also beneficial for the newer roleplayers too. It lets them test the waters of general roleplay before they can jump on over to another level of roleplay.

I'd love to see something like that. :)

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years
I like this idea ^^ …… can I serve the drinks? c:<

BY THE WAY: that's "Arrow" in your signature right…? ;o

Theoretically, anyone could since they would just need to post being served by a bartender.

And yes, yes it is.

Not gonna lie, I actually thought of something similar (but that was something crazier, like actually discussing ideas in IC xD) when I saw the Nightclub over in Other Trivia, but I could never think of how it could actually fit in this section. Of course, I'm all up for the idea, it always sounded fun. It would help get some unsure RPers get a feel of RPing as well, I believe.

@Japanese dude - I actually quite like the idea, it's almost like social networking in RP format except that you can take on any persona you like. I'd say it will be a great way of allowing people to get better RPing and for getting to know the other RPers in the corner.

I was planning on something like that, actually! Pretty sure you could pull it off better XD

Ichiro? That's a great idea. I say GO FOR IT!

Thank you for the support, guys, I will continue to go ahead with this.

Like a casual, hit-and-run, signupless, always ongoing RP set in a specific town/café/situation? I'm all for it.

Maybe the setting could change every month or so.

Sounds like a great idea, I'll look at possibly implementing something like that in the future.

I am also in agreement. :3 It's also beneficial for the newer roleplayers too. It lets them test the waters of general roleplay before they can jump on over to another level of roleplay.

I'd love to see something like that. :)

Exactly, and the only thing really expected from them is the minimum amount of text the forum and RP Corner sets in it's rules. Also could help some people transition into RPing.

StinkomanFan

The Thing with Questionable Taste
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 3, 2015
It'd have to be stickied though... y'know so it can be bumped whenever?

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Yeah, I remember another forum I had joined up last year had something similar. Pretty much it was a bar where you had your sona go up and chat. There was a user designated as the barkeep and would welcome new people. It was very fun and easy to get into the roleplaying spirit. It was also stickied so that helped in finding it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back