• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Film Movies we want sequels to!

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
YES THE QUESTION THAT HAS BEEN ASKED TIME AND TIME AGAIN:

What movie would you like to see a sequel to? Or if the movies have a sequel, would you like to see another movie being added to the series? For me, as terrible and grotesque as the movie was I'd love to see a Bad Santa 2. I just want to see what happened to the kid as he got older. I want to see another "Jump Street" movie, maybe this time it would be called 23 Jump Street? Also, would it call them to make a the next movie in the "I Am Number Four" series!?

Years
Omg a 23 Jump Street would be great haha. I'd really like a sequel to the 2010 film Salt with Angelina Jolie. I actually really liked it and was looking forward to a sequel, which was supposed to happen, but it seems as though it'll never happen--and Jolie announced she might not join the cast in it anyway if it does indeed happen.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
It's not really a sequel or anything... but I would love to see more of Loki. Like, if they made a movie based more on his origins and such. I know it sounds really silly though, but a lot of his Loki's Army fangirls would pay to see it. XD I also wouldn't mind them continuing the Vampire Academy franchise. Sadly, this will never happen because they didn't make enough money for the first one though. They tried to make a sequel by trying to sell off stuff from the set itself, but it wasn't very successful. :c

Mawa

The typo Queen
Years
I have to say: None.

I don't really like sequels. I like it when a movie start and end in one movie. I don't recall any sequel I found better than the first one...

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
I would normally say District 9, but I'm afraid that might turn into your generic alien invasion movie, so maybe a prequel instead. But as far as sequels go, I don't think I really want any. At least none that I can think of off the top of my head.

buttlet32

Buttlet
Years
Aside from Human 2014 (Also known as Godzilla 2014) I think the Godzilla series has had some pretty good sequels. I would definitely love to see another movie in the franchise, as long as it isn't made by Americans. Toho has to be the one to make it as they are the best at it. Looking forward to the Godzilla sequel that's coming our way.

JOBO

o/_\O
Years
I would really like to see a sequel to Interstellar. The first one was awesome and it didn't have a completely satisfying ending, at least not to me. I'm sure they could come up with something.

Years
  • Seen Feb 12, 2022
I would love a proper sequel to The Lion King. Simba's Pride was okay but it wasn't the sequel the original film deserved, and 1 1/2 (or in my country, TLK3) isn't a sequel but it's more like a parody of the film. The Lion Guard doesn't really count either because it's set during Simba's Pride.

As for other films that need sequels, I'd say the Matrix franchise needs a proper send-off, but I don't know if it's too late for that now. A reboot might be the only thing to happen for that. Zootopia (it's Zootropolis in my country but I find its international name easier to use) should get a sequel, though the film is very much standalone - I do think that since the previous three Disney Classic films are getting sequels, a Zootopia sequel is pretty much a done thing. And I'm disappointd that, despite willing from both Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones, there isn't going to be a Men In Black 4.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I have to say: None.

I don't really like sequels. I like it when a movie start and end in one movie. I don't recall any sequel I found better than the first one...
Have you seen Toy Story 2 and 3? Or Shrek 2? Or Men In Black 2? Or Kung Fu Panda 2? There are a lot of amazing sequels. They just need to remember to expand the world and make a more enticing story than the first did, rather than go budget or step away from the atmosphere of the first film too much.

I had been looking forward to Findinf Dory for years, but I didn't find it to be as nice as the first one. Sadly.

I would really like to see a sequel to Interstellar. The first one was awesome and it didn't have a completely satisfying ending, at least not to me. I'm sure they could come up with something.
hmmm. Interstellar is my favorite movie. But I felt like it was a very self contained story and don't think a sequel would work tbh. They finished the time loop and such. The new movie would be a bit weird if it wanted to keep the same style and atmosphere because they'd have to come up with another time trouble thingy.

I would love a proper sequel to The Lion King. Simba's Pride was okay but it wasn't the sequel the original film deserved, and 1 1/2 (or in my country, TLK3) isn't a sequel but it's more like a parody of the film. The Lion Guard doesn't really count either because it's set during Simba's Pride.

As for other films that need sequels, I'd say the Matrix franchise needs a proper send-off, but I don't know if it's too late for that now. A reboot might be the only thing to happen for that. Zootopia (it's Zootropolis in my country but I find its international name easier to use) should get a sequel, though the film is very much standalone - I do think that since the previous three Disney Classic films are getting sequels, a Zootopia sequel is pretty much a done thing. And I'm disappointd that, despite willing from both Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones, there isn't going to be a Men In Black 4.
Zootopia, definitely!

JOBO

o/_\O
Years
hmmm. Interstellar is my favorite movie. But I felt like it was a very self contained story and don't think a sequel would work tbh. They finished the time loop and such. The new movie would be a bit weird if it wanted to keep the same style and atmosphere because they'd have to come up with another time trouble thingy.

You're right. Since posting I've come to the same conclusion as you. I basically wish that I could watch it again without any knowledge of what's going to happen haha. It's my favourite movie too! ^_^

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
A movie I saw a while ago in theaters when it released was Dark Skies. The ending just screams sequel to me. I really hope it happens, but after three years, I'm losing a bit of hope haha.

Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Sep 30, 2016
An alternative sequel to erase the Donnie Darko's one, which was a blasphemy.

Back