• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question Thread

Is the white 3Ds XL too noticeable when playing the game?

• Yes, incredibly. You should go for a black screen.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yeah, you should probably go for something else.

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Nah, it's fine.

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • WHA- The white version is the best! ^^

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Ocarina of Time is amazing. This is coming from a girl that can't play more than 20 hours of a game to save her life for most games. There are very few that inspire me to finish it, and for over a decade Ocarina of Time wasn't one of them. I tried and tried to beat it but would get so bored so early and then quit. But the extra 3D (which looks amazing I might add) pushed it over the edge for me and now I'm almost done with it. :3

blue

gucci
Years
Well it just depends what type of genre game you like because the 3 you have listed are all generally different. I'd go for Mario but that's just me.

Dale

Captain Ressentiment
Years
Tough call between LoZ and Super Mario imo. 'Cause I've heard Ocarina of Time is amazing, but I'm a Mario fangirl so I'd personally probably choose that.
Ok, it is a tough choice, but I'm not really a fanboy of either series, I just enjoy both of them.
Ocarina of Time is amazing. This is coming from a girl that can't play more than 20 hours of a game to save her life for most games. There are very few that inspire me to finish it, and for over a decade Ocarina of Time wasn't one of them. I tried and tried to beat it but would get so bored so early and then quit. But the extra 3D (which looks amazing I might add) pushed it over the edge for me and now I'm almost done with it. :3
Cool, I wasn't sure about the 3D effect, but if that alone it persuaded you to re-play and finish the game, that's a pretty good sign that it's good.
Well it just depends what type of genre game you like because the 3 you have listed are all generally different. I'd go for Mario but that's just me.
Well I like all 3 genres, which is why I chose them :)

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Yeah the 3D in that game is absolutely flooring. I mean, there are some times when I have to turn it off (for example, when aiming the slingshot/bow because you have to rotate the entire 3DS or when fighting a boss), but in general I have it on 24/7. My favorite part in 3D are the parts RIGHT before the boss battles, where they introduce you to the boss with its name, I always gape at that. You go through a period of adjustment with the 3D - it's difficult at first to keep it at the right distance/angle to get good 3D, but within a few weeks it just becomes second nature, lol.

Dale

Captain Ressentiment
Years
Yeah the 3D in that game is absolutely flooring. I mean, there are some times when I have to turn it off (for example, when aiming the slingshot/bow because you have to rotate the entire 3DS or when fighting a boss), but in general I have it on 24/7. My favorite part in 3D are the parts RIGHT before the boss battles, where they introduce you to the boss with its name, I always gape at that. You go through a period of adjustment with the 3D - it's difficult at first to keep it at the right distance/angle to get good 3D, but within a few weeks it just becomes second nature, lol.
Awesome, I'm definitely thinking more Zelda now, since Starfox wouldn't really have enough hours of gameplay, plus it lacks online, when that was clearly needed. So basically; Zelda, or Mario?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 11, 2023
Games like Final Fantasy 9?

So I've started Final Fantasy 9 and I'm LOVING it. The only problem is that I know it's gonna end :P Does anyone know any RPG's with a story as fun as this one? I mean, I was up til like 1am last night because I HAD to know what happened next (and the next thing after that ... and that ... and that ... I was playing for a long time.)

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
Years
You might want to give Aveyond a try, it's nothing fancy just your standard turn based RPG, you know level up learn some new spells, do some side quests and find some equipment in dungeons. I'm sure you know the drill.

Shiny

content creator on twitch
Years
What about a MMORPG, similar to WoW in some aspects? Like with different races, classes etc.

funrush

How's it going?
Years
Xbox Headset?

Hey, I was wondering whether to get the 360 or the PS3, and then I heard a comment saying that 360 comes with a headset. Do the 4gb models come with headsets?

MarineCorpsKid

Poseidon's Heir
Years
[SIZE="a"]
lol telling my brother to not play music while I'm playing xbox will probably lead to war...again

If it's loud enough to be heard by a close-proximity mic in another room, then he should be turning it down, even for himself. Time for your parents to step in. Don't say it's because of the Xbox, just that it's too loud in general. Maybe that it's going to do damage to his hearing. Then they should be inclined to agree. :P

Are most sibling relationships that hostile?

That's a valid point. Xbox mica are designed to pick up close proximity sounds, so if your brother is indeed playing music loud enough for the mic to pick it up, it is clearly too loud, be it for him,you,your parents or neighbors if you have them.[/SIZE]

Awkward Squirtle

,@,e .ºoO
Years
  • Seen Jan 29, 2016
Super Mario 3D Land.

Is it only 3DS games you're interested in? No other console? There's a ton of good games out recently/soon on other platforms.

Awkward Squirtle

,@,e .ºoO
Years
  • Seen Jan 29, 2016
For the Wii, I'd definitely recommend Xenoblade Chronicles if you like RPGs at all - it's easily my favourite game this year. Trailer, and a longer environment montage (location spoilers). The environments and music alone make it worth playing, but the rest of the game is just as good. Bonus: awesome British voice acting!
The only problem is that it hasn't been released in America, so you'll have to import it from Europe. This is probably the cheapest site with international shipping, but it will still set you back about $50... Also, you'll need to install homebrew on your Wii to play it - fortunately, it's easy and risk-free; I can link you to a guide if you decide to buy it ;)

Just an option if you don't mind saving a little more.

Years
  • Seen Nov 17, 2011
MW3 Is finally out im soo excited :D woot woot woot woot woot woot wooot

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
DS Games Christmas List

I'm thinking about Christmas gifts and I don't think I will ask for a 3DS because there is realy nothing availible to entertain me Untill Titles like Paper Mario, Kingdom Hearts 3D, and Luigi's Mansion 2 sometime in "2012".

So, what are some good games for DS. (basicly, the only DS games i have are pokemon)

I'm thinking Kirby Mass Attack. What other games would you recomend?

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
Years
I don't know what you're into but you should probably try The World Ends With You if you plan on getting Kingdom hearts 3D, then at least you'll get to know Neku before you play the game. I'd say you should also try a Harvest Moon game, they're always fun to pick up and just play every now and then.

Years
So I've started Final Fantasy 9 and I'm LOVING it. The only problem is that I know it's gonna end :P Does anyone know any RPG's with a story as fun as this one? I mean, I was up til like 1am last night because I HAD to know what happened next (and the next thing after that ... and that ... and that ... I was playing for a long time.)

Final Fantasy 8, Final Fantasy 10, Radiata Stories, Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2

What about a MMORPG, similar to WoW in some aspects? Like with different races, classes etc.

Aion, Guild Wars 2 (Not out yet), Rift, Lord of the Rings Online, Final Fantasy 12 & 14. http://www.mmorpg.com is a good resource for MMO's. lol

Years
There a way to power on a 'DS-eye' into starting the game up, like the DS Lite's auto option? Getting old rather quick, having to scroll or select the game...

So, what are some good games for DS. (basicly, the only DS games i have are pokemon)

I'm thinking Kirby Mass Attack. What other games would you recomend?

Animal Crossing: Wild World
One of the few Zelda titles
Mario & Luigi game (kinda like the SNES rpg)
Mario Kart for the DS

There 'might' be a good LEGO title...

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
There a way to power on a 'DS-eye' into starting the game up, like the DS Lite's auto option? Getting old rather quick, having to scroll or select the game...

Animal Crossing: Wild World
One of the few Zelda titles
Mario & Luigi game (kinda like the SNES rpg)
Mario Kart for the DS

There 'might' be a good LEGO title...

The game I got are:
Zelda: Spirit Tracks
Bowser's Inside Story
Golden Sun: Dark Dawn
Kirby Mass Attack

Back