• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RM2K/3 Pokemon Battle System

Are you planning on using the battle sys in your game?

• Yes

Votes: 88 61.5%
  • No

Votes: 23 16.1%
  • Not sure yet...

Votes: 21 14.7%
  • I don't care

Votes: 11 7.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2009
I assume this system will become available, upon completion, for everyone who wants to use it to use it? (I don't, but I think it'd be a nice idea)

Years
  • Seen Mar 23, 2013
Ok dont yall people see that there is a way to make the pokeballs? use them as an animation set for the items with the switch thing works perfectally just made one or another idea thats easier make a new selection techniqes where it say ninjitsu and weather magic stuff like that make pokeballs and make the animations for the balls also make it in the game where that the pokeball selcetion make it as a heal item that heals pokeballs thats all i have to say.

PokeReaper

Pokemon #500
Years
Uh huh.-- What ?

Did ANYBODY understand a word he just said ?
it sounds to me like he just described how to make an item called "Pok?ball" that heals itself when it's used.
That is NOT what I asked for.

Then again maybe I JUST need to get some sleep.
Would 1 year of sleep be enough to understand your foriegn language, Raquaza Champ ?-- Because I sure don't get it right now.

Can anybody REALLY help me ?-- Anybody ?

Last edited:
Years
It's good to see you helping each other, but I would rather this be in the rm2k/3 help and requests section. Those are good names but we need to see something that isn't going to have a second half because this will be a singular game and not have two halves eg. pokemon blue=pokemon red, gold=silver, ruby=sapphire etc etc.

Yes this system will be available to the public on completion. A tutorial will be made to help add pokemon/attacks to the system.

zephadus

Trainer upset about # of PKMN
Years
PokeReaper said:
I have a translated copy of RPG Maker 2000 [trans. from jap. to eng.] and I can't figure out how to make Pok?balls that work the way they're suppossed to work.
HECK, I can't even figure out how to make a MASTER BALL work !
Can anyone help ME with THIS ?
Hey, I'm not sure if your question has been answered already, but to make a Pok?ball work with the Default Battle System (or DBS), you simply make the animation of the Pok?ball being thrown, which will be triggered by the use of the item "Pok?ball" (made as a "switch item"), then the rest is however you want your catching system to work.
I'll assume regular, so just make a variable command to randomize between 1 and another number (like 2 or 3) and if it's 1, then add the Pok?mon to your party and to end the battle you could either use the end battle command (I think there's one?) or have the "monster's" health drop to 0.
Have fun. I hate trying to work stuff into the DBS, so good luck!:nervous:

@Meerkat/DarkMage: So hey, am I in this, or am I cut?:\
I mean, I haven't exactly done anything yet, so.....
If I'm in on this thing, PM me or post here.
I'll be back later, but right now I've got stuff to do.
Later!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2005
can somebody tell me exactly what has been accomplished so far because i was hoping a beta or demo would have been released by now and im starting to think that i'll never get to put this cbs in my game...

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
We have the screen for selecting your name. Then, you go into battle. You select "Fight," and then "Tackle" and you attack the enemy. The enemy then attacks you. The rest is simply expanding on what we have already established, so it shouldn't take as long. I just passed the baton to Meerkat, so whenever he gets it.............

Years
dm, can you just upload it to your tripod account? and i'm not sure whether u can download it unless it's a link FROM you site.. I tried to add a link to your game on my site and it said something about not linking from my tripod webbuilder thingie or something..

I dont know, it just didnt work.. how bout you make a new page with just a link to the file? then send me the address of the page? i havent had much of a chance to work on it and i really want to expand on it already..

the email didnt work by the way, send it to my meerkat account, i have 0% space used and if it is under 1 or 2mb then it will work.. remember to zip it.

EDIT: oh and phoenix, of course they will need to be imported under "picture" how else would it be a CMS??? for newbies, maybe you should just replace existing pictures.. anyway, bye:)

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
Nah, it's not finished. The engine is close though.

What's your "Meerkat" account, I only have your hotmail one, the "Rusty" one.

Yeah sure, I'll add a link to my page eventually. Should it be password-protected so only we can get to it now, or should I make it public? I vote public.

Years
it's ok i got it now. will work on it soon, unfortunatly i have to go out :( but i will (nevertheless) get working on it eventually. cya soon ppl

Years
bye the way, its not ready to go public yet. little more and we will be ready. still have to make a system for pokemon hp etc. bye

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
I completed 30 chipsets for the group game, but my brother 'securely' deleted them so I can't recover them. Is there anything else I can do? (I'm going to start the chipsets again)

Years
you could make some charasets if you want.. i like that hero charaset you showed me. there is a bit more to do on the battle then we will start the game.
what should we do first..? intro or starting town?

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
let's start with something easy. everyone should take a little time off after
the completion of the battle system; and I think that the starting town would be
easier since it doesn't need alot of coding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back