• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Beginner Sprites

Years
I'm attempting sprites for my hack, Shining Waters/Hazing Flames (my sigpic contains a link to the Thread) and I haven't done sprites in ages, so I just want to hear (read xD) some opinions on them and what I should do differently. I'm totally open to any criticism you have xD Also, don't judge the general idea/design of them, these just preliminary sprites I'm doing for practice while the concept art is being redesigned.

Draguard:
Spoiler:

Tankle:
Spoiler:

Beadle:
Spoiler:

Slateye:
Spoiler:

I'll add more later, it's just these 3 for now. Keep in mind these ar 64x64 for a GBA hack (which means I also only get 16 colors including the background). So tell me what you think :3

Last edited:

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
Beadle is actually pretty good, so I won't touch on that one.

On Tankle, I'd add some outlines on the body to make it look more blob-like. You can look at Grimer and Muk sprites to see how that would look.

As for Draguard... I really don't know what it needs, but it needs something.

Years
Nice designs and good progress. Keep in mind you require 4 and I understand you'll be adding more soon. I'll give you time to do that, but (this goes for anyone) next time when you plan on posting a thread you should have 4+ scratch sprites.

Years
Nice designs and good progress. Keep in mind you require 4 and I understand you'll be adding more soon. I'll give you time to do that, but (this goes for anyone) next time when you plan on posting a thread you should have 4+ scratch sprites.

Thanks! And okay, sorry, I added one :D

Years
Keep in mind you can continuosly post whenever you want and as many times as you want (to an extent) to keep updating this thread with new sprites. Your sprites are great, and I would love to see evolutions and where you're at now.

Back